Autopsy Hawthorn pipped at the post by Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

A 60 year old man mouthing off to a 21 year old on a football field just has an off feel about it. Mark this in the calendar, no more losses to these flogs. We lost the game ourselves and feel that we let a great opportunity slip to keep going. Port aren't much chop, we were however, terrible. Hopefully McKenzie, Ward and Day come along next year and become bona fide A graders as we do need it going frwd. Feels like a abrupt end to more things to come this season. Oh well, well done boys, great effort.
We made our bed. We gotta lie in it.

As much as Hinkley is a campaigner, we made it easy for them

The irony is the loss to Port turned our season around.
This loss will burn our boys and turn our fortunes around!
We wouldn’t have had our threepeat without the 2012 sting, this our sting!
This group is destined for greatness, the ride this year has been fun!
This isn’t the end of the ride, it begins now! Buckle up!! I can’t wait!

85k at Easter Monday next season, proper blockbuster.

Congrats on a great season, old rival. Get Day back in and your two new recruits and you’re going to be extremely hard to beat in ‘25.

I... you're a geelong fan. I want to report you... but you seem genuine and not trolling, so... welcome?

Gutted and received some serious punishment on the way out from Adelaide oval, but a seriously flipping great game and could not be more proud of this team.

Attachments

• IMG_7416.jpeg
    IMG_7416.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 175

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port tagging Mass was smart.
Our one mid who can cut you up with his foot skills.
We needed another 1 or 2.
(Day and Mckenzie could have helped)

Hats off to Harry Morrison. He was clean and composed when a lot of his team mates weren't.

Watson is officially a big time player in his first year- 7 goals in two finals is massive.
The boys never looked comfortable, not sure if it’s a work rate issue on the night or a game plan issue, something for the coaches to think about at least.
Apart from the obvious backline recruits we are still 2 top shelf fowards away from a real flag threat- possibly Dear and Wiz could be these A grades but we don’t get the tin arse Geelong style goals just yet when times are tough.
Special mention to Fin tonight who earnt his wings in my eyes. His Field kicking got better as the game went on, won lots of football and kicked a clutch goal. He’s got something and I think he will be a Hawk premiership player in the years to come

Port outplayed you for 90% of the game and yet with a better kick at goal here and there you could have stolen it. Amazing. You have a lot to look forward to. Mitchell is an excellent coach.
Oh and yes all Port supporters are absolute flogs. Yet to meet one that isn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn pipped at the post by Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back