Autopsy Hawthorn pipped at the post by Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Excuse the intrusion gents, just wanted to say congrats on an amazing season and condolences on the loss, you should be mega proud, i reckon with Day and Frosty you might have got them tonight, you guys play an attractive brand of footy which will hold you in good stead next year. Seeya in 25

if they say 14 days was a critical
motivating factor that says a lot about them as a backward bunch of simple bogans.

Give me a break - if you need to use that to manufacture some us against them you are going nowhere
as a football club.

i just fn hope they don’t wind up in the gf against geelong - i’d need to barrack for them and it would be too much. go swans, giants and lions

We saw tonight what a lack of depth does.

I though Serong was awesome for a guy of his experience. He had some high quality finals moments. But lacking Frost and Day tonight meant we lacked creativity in the mid and solid-ness in the back. Port only kciked 75 which isn't a big night- but in a game of inches Frosty woudl have saved our bacon.

Hardwick had a massive night. Involved in everything. So many big wins, a couple of horrendous mistakes. Love the guy and woudln't swap him for the world.
Frost on Georgiades would have been enough. I think that's why there is so much positivity in here. We all know that this team isn't complete and there is so much scope for improvement. Port just scraped past a team of babies with no finals experience missing some vital components to it's structure (Day Frost Lewis and you can even add Battle Barrass and Perryman in terms of the list next season). If that team is so close to a PF what is next years team going to be like?

Last edited:
2007 we chaired off vandenburg as well if people want another similarity. Although punky not retiring.

But I don’t buy into we gonna win the flag etc next year or be top 4 for the next 6. Such a fickle game that injuries at the wrong time or teams putting in a lot more planning for us doesn’t guarantee anything.

Carlton thought they were guaranteed a GF spot at worst 8/9 weeks ago.

Immensely proud of this team and everything they achieved this year.

Watson Weddle Dear Dambrosio Ward McDonald McKenzie is an amazing list of young talent that is only getting better

They took us from cellar dwellers to Prime Time Box Office.

The dawn of the next dynasty is here

Didnt play anywhere near our beat tonight ans still got close.

Ever up and onward

2007 we chaired off vandenburg as well if people want another similarity. Although punky not retiring.

But I don’t buy into we gonna win the flag etc next year or be top 4 for the next 6. Such a fickle game that injuries at the wrong time or teams putting in a lot more planning for us doesn’t guarantee anything.

You never just assume you'll make it but many of our core players are young and this was their first finals experience. We're still the second youngest list, and taking Gunners and Punky out of the team tanks our average age.

We should definitely be aiming for top four with our offseason acquisitions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feckless campaigners at Port

If Sicily’s kick goes a metre to the right, Hinkley’s out of a job. Instead of breathing a sigh of relief and showing some humility, he’s mouthing off looking like a self-righteous

Hey Ken, the zoo called, you're due back by 6
Hey Ken, it’s Bill Clinton calling. A couple of inches of woody cost me my job, how the hell did it save yours ?

So proud of the team on the season had our chances but really feel the scoreboard flattered us tonight. At no stage did we ever get the game really on our terms. Onward and upwards in 25

Idiots on social media ripping into Chol mustn't have watched the game. We had 4 or 5 easilly worse headlined by Weddle and MacDonald. But he's just an easy target

Well with great disappointment the season finishes but not without great hope for the future. For a side that was expected to finish bottom 4, and some moron dead last, and another watching Sam win his 1st final, it was a season that upon reflection will go down as a very good one.

And to the opponents tonight you may have had a win but ultimately you won't make it, and your coach just showed how to 'tear apart' any shred of respect anyone had had for you. What a truly classless act of leadership, sportsmanship and dignity.

You never just assume you'll make it but many of our core players are young and this was their first finals experience. We're still the second youngest list, and taking Gunners and Punky out of the team tanks our average age.

We should definitely be aiming for top four with our offseason acquisitions.
They would’ve been aiming at top 4 last year. I’m being a bit facetious but like you also said you shouldn’t assume that we will follow the obvious trajectory.

Miffed by the posters saying player x or player y cost us the win tonight... you could just as easily say the umpire interpretation of the rules of afl, cost us the game with two goals to Port in the 1st qtr alone.. be proud of the club and the effort tonight.

they played better than us tonight and brought the pressure - they deserved to win and we probably had the run of the green with the umpiring.

we didn’t have our best player and one of our key backs. the fact that we played terribly and had the game on our captain’s boot with 30 seconds to go shows that this team is capable of when things go well.

Conor Rozee getting giddy with a shiteating grin watching and laughing at Ken mouth off at opposition players after a win says it all.

That’s the leadership of your club, the couch and the captain - what an embarrassment.
Yep. They played better than us. They put in a great performance, and that's the very first thing they think of doing after a win.

Imagine that was your leadership? Have you ever seen anything so pathetic?

The reality is that we couldn’t beat Sydney, Port and Geelong this year, and that is going to be the next step , beating the very best (although i wouldnt call port the very best)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn pipped at the post by Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back