Autopsy Hawthorn pipped at the post by Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow! What an incredible season!! I’ll be the first to put my hand up and in the first month of the season could not identify a clear direction and thought we were looking at a fair few years of struggle.
I’d like to give credit to the entire club from top to bottom. Our club management will deliver the most state of the art facilities the game has ever seen, our coaching staff starting from Sam Mitchell has transformed our club into a feared and respected machine yet again and our playing group have put in the hard yards to consistently improve and buy in to a great game plan that has brought success this season and hopefully more to come.
Could not be prouder to be a fan of this legendary club and we always walk with our heads held high knowing we are Hawks. Onwards and upwards!

Regarding last nights game, we were caught out early by their intensity and that is to be expected. On a number of occasions it looked like we were ready to bend over however we never relented and at the end of the day despite Port being the better side overall on the night it was a great opportunity missed and we should have won the football game.
A little more experience and composure, not to mention the key injuries we had going into this game with a very inexperienced and young side and we were playing a prelim.
Congratulations to the entire playing group, a special mention to our skipper - These things happen and you put yourself in the position to lift us over the line. Desperately unlucky, use the pain to light a fire for next season and come back bigger and better.
This is not the end ladies and gentlemen, rather this is just the beginning.

How can a team which finished 2nd and won 16 games possibly have to play “above their level” to beat a team which won 14 and finished 7th…..playing below their level?

Do you think Port fluked their entire season?
Port aren’t that good and had a number of close games go their way. They were 5 zip in games decided by 6 points or less.

We’ve also been a much better team than them since round 8. Our start hurt us so much.

It’s been an odd season where us, dogs and lions have been the best teams for the second half of the year but all finished outside the top 4 due to poor starts.

Port aren’t that good and had a number of close games go their way. They were 5 zip in games decided by 6 points or less.

We’ve also been a much better team than them since round 8. Our start hurt us so much.

It’s been an odd season where us, dogs and lions have been the best teams for the second half of the year but all finished outside the top 4 due to poor starts.

Agreed. Clearly a better side than Port and we will show that next season. I believe overall we are in the top 4 teams this season…would have loved to have had a relatively free hit at Sydney next week. No one on this board should forget just how young we are.

Wow! What an incredible season!! I’ll be the first to put my hand up and in the first month of the season could not identify a clear direction and thought we were looking at a fair few years of struggle.
I’d like to give credit to the entire club from top to bottom. Our club management will deliver the most state of the art facilities the game has ever seen, our coaching staff starting from Sam Mitchell has transformed our club into a feared and respected machine yet again and our playing group have put in the hard yards to consistently improve and buy in to a great game plan that has brought success this season and hopefully more to come.
Could not be prouder to be a fan of this legendary club and we always walk with our heads held high knowing we are Hawks. Onwards and upwards!

Nashy’s back.

The Lion King Hug GIF

Hawthorn should never forget Hinkley's unhinged ranting, pledge to never lose to Port again. Ken's curse not Kennet's curse will last until the Hawks force his retirement. It's obvious why Port were woeful last week but fired up last night, they just follow their coaches emotional rollercoaster, last few weeks he's abused Cats fans, cried in interviews, been booed by his own fans and went feral last night, he's mentally cooked.

Hawthorn should never forget Hinkley's unhinged ranting, pledge to never lose to Port again. Ken's curse not Kennet's curse will last until the Hawks force his retirement. It's obvious why Port were woeful last week but fired up last night, they just follow their coaches emotional rollercoaster, last few weeks he's abused Cats fans, cried in interviews, been booed by his own fans and went feral last night, he's mentally cooked.
I want nothing more than them to extend him by a further 1-2 years which I reckon they will. He has somehow gaslighted his moronic playing group starting from his captain into viewing him as some sort of father figure.
His performance last night, the complete lack of respect for a 300 game legend of not only our club but of the game deserves a right of reply by our club in Melbourne on the field.
Have no doubt this will be stored in the memory bank and we will crush them the next time, the giggles of his players won’t be forgotten in a hurry either especially those of captain powderpuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, it's time for those pack of wannabes to get their arse to the G on a Friday night! None of this Tassie stuff. We'll get over 80k on that night! And make it loud.
Round one scum
Rd two port bogans
Rd three scats Easter Monday.
What a blue chip start to the season that would be. Could get over 250k crowd in first three weeks! Prime timers.

I thought that was going to be the beginning of an empire. Sadly hardly any of them were still there in 2008.

Of those that played in the 2001 season, only Crawford, Croad, Bateman and Osborne were still there in the 2008 GF.

I thought Chol was the best of our tall fowards last night, it just wasn’t a night any of them had any space..
He was better than Dear and Gunston but that’s not saying much- our tall forwards were poor most of the night and failed in their job to bring the ball to ground and stop the Port defenders from intercepting…

The one time that dimma loses to his opponent! Rioli was the difference I thought. so frustrating to watch him in so much space and setting up so many goals for them.
Yep Dimma is rarely beaten but Rioli was fantastic. Also thought Meek was well beaten by Sweet which I didn’t expect to happen…

Last edited:
So we get Essendon Rd 1 and Port rd 2 away next year? Cant wait
Would be hoping port in Rd 1 at the g from an attendance POV

Hawks vs essendon will always get a big crowd.
We always get 1 or 2 low drawing interstate sides at the g each year, and port do not draw well in Melbourne. Rd 1 at the g would be huge!

Would rather the silverware go interstate than see Geelong getting their hands on it.

I would literally rather see it shot into a black hole and disappear over the event horizon never to be seen again than Geelong somehow stealing this years flag. If they’re the best team of this season I’ll seriously pack it in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn pipped at the post by Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back