Autopsy Hawthorn pipped at the post by Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I know what you mean. I live in Adelaide, and the one team I hate losing to is Port Adelaide, especially after that disappointing loss earlier in the year.

I'm happy with our overall season, but losing to Port leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

I feel ya, but the port list is built to contend for a premiership this year and we have come from the clouds.

We will get our time!!!

Surprised they didn’t swap Gunston with Sicily. Instead they subbed him off and threw Sicily forward, leaving us one short down back.

Port were on the ropes.

Punky and Gunners in the same side kills our run.

We were a couple of posters away from winning.

Another 20 seconds would have been enough

Can't help but wonder if Massimo had seen Sic in space 15 meters away, would he have been able to hit him with 4 Port players in pursuit.

That short play from D'Ambrossio was otherworldly.

No idea how he gets a kick off, just shit that he didn't have a target he could get the ball to.

The guy is unbelievable at disposing of the ball in tight situations. Went back and watched this just now, he didn't see Sic and was hemmed in pretty good. Game of inches alright, if he manages to get a kick in board rather than straight ahead we have a shot to win again.

Last edited:
Can't help but wonder if Massimo had seen Sic in space 15 meters away, would he have been able to hit him with 4 Port players in pursuit.

No idea how he gets a kick off, just shit that he didn't have a target he could get the ball to.

The guy is unbelievable at disposing of the ball in tight situations. Sic didn't quite break early enough for him I guess.
They had 2 spares behind the ball, and a sliding winger back. All of our fwds pushed up the ground. None turned their heads to see the spares to try to have some representation deep fwd.
Was a structural flaw from us. Old mate Ratagolea takes the uncontested mark, and they win.

They had 2 spares behind the ball, and a sliding winger back. All of our fwds pushed up the ground. None turned their heads to see the spares to try to have some representation deep fwd.
Was a structural flaw from us. Old mate Ratagolea takes the uncontested mark, and they win.

I definitely recall seeing Sic there unmarked moving forward at the time. I watched it again twice tonight here and Massimo draws FIVE players to him in that jag back to the boundary. He steps four of them, and one zones off a little. It's unreal that he gets a kick away at all.

Two of them are hanging off him when he kicks...

Think he was having a shot and not looking to pass. Just couldn't get enough on the kick to clear Rata.. there was no-one behind him at that point (though another defender was closing).

Those extra men going to Mass leaves Sic in space inboard, with all of our guys out of that area as well.

Can't really fault D'Ambrossio for not looking to settle with the kick. He'd been making them all year in those kind of windows.

Not making anyone feel better I'm sure by bringing it up again.

But Sic was open, and Mass was kicking at goal it looks like. The team just missed on both counts.

The guy is unbelievable at disposing of the ball in tight situations. Went back and watched this just now, he didn't see Sic and was hemmed in pretty good. Game of inches alright, if he manages to get a kick in board rather than straight ahead we have a shot to win again.

It speaks volumes they chose to tag Massimo in a cutthroat final. He's that important for us.

A truely awesome football moment being in the Hawks bays was looking around at all the brown and gold scarves being held up. One to remember. Would love to see footage of that.
For me it's normally one of the most cringeful things in football to watch. But in fairness, close ups of crowd singing is never a pretty sight – esp Port fans! However the fact Hawks fans did own it, made it good fun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mayday, mayday, mayday.
We have suffered Power failure in both engines.
We will be returning to Adelaide. Requesting vectors to RWY 05 and immediate return to the airfield.
We have 14,000 pounds of fuel, 220 souls onboard and no hazmat.

A quick update ATC. We will be carrying no premiership cup. Our preliminary thoughts will be to stop on the runway and once cleared by emergency services, our disabled aircraft will need to be towed to the gate.

Attachments

• IMG_7134.jpeg
    IMG_7134.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn pipped at the post by Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back