Scandal Hawthorn player questioned over sexual offence allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young people are going to get themselves into dangerous situations, no matter what you teach them. It would be naive to think otherwise.

You can't see the forest from the trees mate, and if you do infact have kids and one day one of them gets themselves into some trouble, my guess is that you won't be saying the same things that you are ATM.

I see things perfectly.

You seem to be missing the point. I'm not naive in thinking they may never get in trouble. I'm giving them advice and preparing them so they know how to best recognise and avoid potential dangerous situations. Prevention is better than a cure.

Getting paralytic and staggering around a street at 3am in the morning is not a safe thing to do for anyone. Common sense tells anyone with a brain that. You'd hope people raising children would drum that into their kids heads among other lessons.

Why do the Hawks feel the need to specify if the player is a premiership player or not?

The arrogance to indirectly show that the player is not part of them.

As much as it pains me to say it but I agree with you here

Id hope the club would act the same regardless of the stature of player

Why do the Hawks feel the need to specify if the player is a premiership player or not?

Why does the media have to sensationalize and make up bullshit and say its a "premiership player" when they have NFI?

I would say the clubs response was in regards to that?

So the club should just allow misinformation to continue to be circulated
Considering that one name in particular was starting to be circulated, I think it was sensible of the club to knock that sort of damaging innuendo firmly on the head.

So the club should just allow misinformation to continue to be circulated
Considering that one name in particular was starting to be circulated, I think it was sensible of the club to knock that sort of damaging innuendo firmly on the head.

What about your youth players, the club pretty much has singled them out and the other blokes who are desperately trying to get into the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about your youth players, the club pretty much has singled them out and the other blokes who are desperately trying to get into the team.
The issue isn't the Hawthorn Football Club. Stop trying to win points.

In the ideal world you would like to see no one thrown under the bus but Maybe the media should be held more accountable for the headlines they run with and present facts rather than sensationalism. You're right in senior players being better prepared to deal with this awful situation but like I said, a name was gaining momentum and as we know, throw enough crap and some sticks so I think it was important to shut that down.

He does sort of have a point. Now before you read this look at my team support. Yes I follow Hawthorn, no I don't support rape. But 2.1% of all rape accusations are false and that number is probably higher when the accusations are against famous people. This is not be defending any sexual assault, I am just saying.
So you are saying there is a 1 in 50 chance the accusations are false, and a 49 in 50 chance they are true?

In the ideal world you would like to see no one thrown under the bus but Maybe the media should be held more accountable for the headlines they run with and present facts rather than sensationalism. You're right in senior players being better prepared to deal with this awful situation but like I said, a name was gaining momentum and as we know, throw enough crap and some sticks so I think it was important to shut that down.

Now the names that will gain momentum are the players who didn't win a premiership.

Like I said, felt it was poor the Hawks felt the need to be specific, as end of day a player is a Hawk.

So the details have changed significantly since Channel 7's initial report. Wonder if it was deliberate misinformation to get clicks or genuine mistake :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back