Scandal Hawthorn player questioned over sexual offence allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is definitely domestic violence in same sex relatiosships. Come across that a bit. Have not come across a lot of sexual offences committed by women. You have a lesbian friend that got beaten up in a relationship = women are as equally represented as rapists/sexual offenders.... ok

Should we only be concerned about the majority? That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
I have acted in family law, child protection, intervention order matters and criminal matters. Sure I haven't been taking stats - but mate - you're full of shit. Women certainly can be perpetrators of physical abuse to children. This I would say IS actually unrepresented in the media. Re sexual offences - occasionally you'll get your equivalent of statutory rape where the victim consented - say a 15 year old male with the teacher or you might get women aiding and abetting a male's offence (especially if she has an ID) but perpetrators of sexual violence are generally men. You can say useless shit like human this and that but its actually bullshit and you don't know what you're talking about. So what expertise exactly do you rely on for your trite crap about there not being a gender element to sexual offences? Do tell?

Why would you say "perpetrators of sexual violence are generally men" and not "entirely men"?

didnt stop then in the majak daw case, even though he was a minor, when the alleged occured.
From a brief 5min research online just now, The media only published his name when he was arrested, which was around a week before he was charged. Maybe being arrested is the trigger point, not being charged.

Should we only be concerned about the majority? That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Why would you say "perpetrators of sexual violence are generally men" and not "entirely men"?
Re your majority point - not sure what you're getting at. Crime prevention is about looking at causes. If the majority of crimes correlate with something you then investigate that cause. One punch hits - alcohol. Not all one punch hits. But a large majority. Should do something about it or ignore alcohol because not all cases fit into the box?

Rapes - male perpetrators. F*ck knows what that's about... Not all men are rapists. But if you ignore the point that most sexual offenders are men you're going nowhere really.

That doesn't mean you ignore female perpetrators - but you certainly don't say dumb stuff like its not to do with men or women - its a human thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a brief 5min research online just now, The media only published his name when he was arrested, which was around a week before he was charged. Maybe being arrested is the trigger point, not being charged.
your probably right.
but would it not be a similar thing if the hawks player us being investigated, due to a formal complaint? i mean, would the player not have been "arrested" (and i dont mean in handcuffs and dragged down to the station) to give the cops his version of events? or has that not happened yet?

your probably right.
but would it not be a similar thing if the hawks player us being investigated, due to a formal complaint? i mean, would the player not have been "arrested" (and i dont mean in handcuffs and dragged down to the station) to give the cops his version of events? or has that not happened yet?
Suspect that will happen in the coming days. AFL using their crafty powers may try and delay it until trade week is done. Never know though, Majak was arrested more than 6 years after the alleged offence, so no solid timeframe in any case.

Re-opened.

Again, no trolling. And no abuse.

Also, we don't need this thread to become SRP-lite. If you want to rail against society's view of sexual offences and rape in general, take it elsewhere.

Not a good look unfortunately. It's an awful feeling for supporters, like what Collingwood went through in 2010. Hopefully Caro and Neil Mitchell can contain themselves this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back