List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could be the unnamed club. We deal with managers and players quite discretely and Young may just be respecting that.
And we still have a team in the finals, who could be impacted by list changes.

Only my opinion mate. Even if Shiel wants out and nominates us, cant see pick 15 and Ceglar being enough to satisfy them to be honest but I have been wrong before.

We simply don’t have any more currency.

Unless Burton wants to go home, or we trade out next year’s first. Either of which may have to be used for another target like Wingard.

Only my opinion mate. Even if Shiel wants out and nominates us, cant see pick 15 and Ceglar being enough to satisfy them to be honest but I have been wrong before.
Lobb wants to go back to Perth and has been telling clubs he wants to be recruited as a forward and won't play in the ruck.

GWS are both desperate for a ruck and absolutely NEED to shed salary now. It might be enough...don't forget what we got Mitchell for.

tom Mitchell was pick 14? in a weaker draft, and we also need to offer a player (cegs is a clear upgrade on their ruck situation), and we also have the leverage to pay some of their salary. surely there is a credible trade in all of that.

Lobb wants to go back to Perth and has been telling clubs he wants to be recruited as a forward and won't play in the ruck.

GWS are both desperate for a ruck and absolutely NEED to shed salary now. It might be enough...don't forget what we got Mitchell for.
But, yeah, getting Lobb out may also reduce their need to free up salary cap space meaning they want to hang onto Shiel.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why is everyone saying that MM wanting out is because of money. There is way more going on behind closed doors at Adelaide. Players don't leave a contract they signed only a year ago because they get stroppy over money.
Collective state of player minds.

We simply don’t have any more currency.
We have plenty of currency on our list. Our seniors finished top 4 in the H&A season and our second tier team is in a grannie.

It's whether we are prepared to give what other other clubs want in a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have plenty of currency on our list. Our seniors finished top 4 in the H&A season and our second tier team is in a grannie.

It's whether we are prepared to give what other other clubs want in a trade.
That is right. Without getting into hypotheticals or a discussion as to who is or is not tradeable, there are a number of players on our list (as well as 2018 and 2019 draft picks) that would be of interest to other clubs. Whether we and any relevant player is prepared to make those moves is a different story but don't buy into nonsense about us not having any currency

PM me if you want to get personal or name call. Other posters don't need to read that stuff

You've claimed that Gaff is "damaged goods" and you don't want Hawks to acquire him. I reckon thats miles off.

His manager today said, and was very strong in saying it, that he still hadn't made a decision on his future. Reputable posters are saying Clarko is or has recently met with him. I'm all in. Not one but worried about his hit on Brayshaw.

Again, feel free to PM.
I don’t need to pm you. If I’ve got something to post, I’ll post it. If you don’t like it, that’s not my problem but when you post “it was a stupid comment”.
Well

I’m entitled to an opinion & yes, my opinion is, he is not in a good space.
I also posted that I hope he gets back to great footy.
Along with, wherever he plays I hope he has support around him.

As for reputable posters saying Gaff met Clarko.
All I’ve read is that some caller rang sen to say they had coffee in glenferrie rd.
That’s reputable ??

The 2 posters I trust most on this particular thread are both saying they’ve heard absolutely nothing on Gaff from their respective contacts.

Go “all in” if you like, I don’t mind.
I have no real problem with his hit on Brayshaw either, as I really don’t think he meant to get him in the jaw. I think it was meant for his chest.

So potentially we cough up pick 15 ceglar and have to pay 1.3 mill per year in wages...

Shiel 900k
Ceglar 400k

Shiel is not worth 1.3 a year or even 1.1 a year if we were to pay half of cegs salary.

I just can’t see this working for either team.

It is worth it if you have plenty of cap space (which the club does) and..........

a. don't have the assets to trade for a jet

or

b. want to preserve assets for other trades

I understand the lack of belief in this concept. There are people in highly influential positions at the club who are hell bent on bringing ready made talent to the club so long as they meet age criteria and fit within the pay scale. Bottoming out is not an option.

Losing a player or two doesn't completely solve the Giant's cap issues, however it does take some pressure off. Losing a Ruck then bringing one in, but not needing to pay him much, means they are better positioned to try and keep their other jets or who are coming out of contract.

Mate. I reckon you’ll find the deal is something like this.

It beats coughing up 2 first rounders. Which is his market value.
Yep it's essentially buying a first round pick, if you can't land the free agent you were after its a smarter option rather than just front/back loading a contract. We have the space to play with, even without Cyril retiring we had enough for Lynch, I'm all for it.

Point is apart from Lynch, there's not much quality forwards available, so could aim at getting a backman, and choose to push Burto or Sicily forward with the addition of Wingard

Agree that's my point we may have to trade for one! As good as sic and burton are there not key position.
Key positions stocks
Frawley,Brand,Heatherley,Schoe,Tob,Roughy,Mitchlewis none of them are in the top 50 in the comp anymore,
I don't have faith in them with the acception of mitch Lewis who is starting his craft.
I think one of birchall,burgoyne,roughy should retire free up more money,
there all on big deals birch hasn't played in 2yrs, silk 36 and had a poor finals but I won't hold that against the champion he is. Roughy well we all love rough but he struggling.
I'm sure the club will work it out massive few weeks coming up.

Agree that's my point we may have to trade for one! As good as sic and burton are there not key position.
Key positions stocks
Frawley,Brand,Heatherley,Schoe,Tob,Roughy,Mitchlewis none of them are in the top 50 in the comp anymore,
I don't have faith in them with the acception of mitch Lewis who is starting his craft.
I think one of birchall,burgoyne,roughy should retire free up more money,
there all on big deals birch hasn't played in 2yrs, silk 36 and had a poor finals but I won't hold that against the champion he is. Roughy well we all love rough but he struggling.
I'm sure the club will work it out massive few weeks coming up.
I can't see any of those three going. Clarko just having the same convos with Roughy, as he did with Mitchell, Lewis & Hodge, they all had suitors that they were interested in going to... Roughy won't leave Hawks.

Hoping that whoever we get will help ensure that the likes of Roughy, Frawley and Burgoyne will finally be able to get managed throughout the year. Ideally they should be playing 12-15 games a year + finals. Burgers first half of the season was great but 20+ games is a bridge too far for a 35 year old and he tapered off.

The addition of a Shiel means Shiels can become the #4 rather than the the #3, and Worpel gets more space and less pressure to hone his craft as the #5. MM means Roughy can finally be the #2 or even #3.

Hopefully TOB/Brand can push their way through to relieving Frawley of a full time KPD duty.

Yep it's essentially buying a first round pick, if you can't land the free agent you were after its a smarter option rather than just front/back loading a contract. We have the space to play with, even without Cyril retiring we had enough for Lynch, I'm all for it.
It is buying a first round pick, and we do have space to do it. From that perspective, i'd be interested. But it will also completely throw out our payment structures. If we start doing this, you'll get people like JOM or TOM or even Gunston or Shiells, who will feel disrespected by the fact that the new recruit is on nearly 50% more $ than they are. This may encourage them to look elsewhere.

I do have a feeling that the league/trading will go this way, but I wonder about short vs long term impacts.

Hoping that whoever we get will help ensure that the likes of Roughy, Frawley and Burgoyne will finally be able to get managed throughout the year. Ideally they should be playing 12-15 games a year + finals. Burgers first half of the season was great but 20+ games is a bridge too far for a 35 year old and he tapered off.

The addition of a Shiel means Shiels can become the #4 rather than the the #3, and Worpel gets more space and less pressure to hone his craft as the #5. MM means Roughy can finally be the #2 or even #3.

Hopefully TOB/Brand can push their way through to relieving Frawley of a full time KPD duty.
How does getting Mitch McGovern change Roughy to #2 or #3. Who's #1 & #2?

It is buying a first round pick, and we do have space to do it. From that perspective, i'd be interested. But it will also completely throw out our payment structures. If we start doing this, you'll get people like JOM or TOM or even Gunston or Shiells, who will feel disrespected by the fact that the new recruit is on nearly 50% more $ than they are. This may encourage them to look elsewhere.

I do have a feeling that the league/trading will go this way, but I wonder about short vs long term impacts.

Very true. It’s a balancing act if you are trying to build a list that is sustainable.

No way the Hawks would choose to have a heap of senior gun players on 600-750 range per year and then recruit a bloke who is a similar talent in Shiel and pay him 1.2 a year.

We are going to have to work some magic and hopefully the inflated figures being thrown around about some of these players are incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back