List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Lollihawk. Apologies to Goldhawk. Unlike others, I can say SORRY.
I wondered what the hell you were going on about, it didn't occur to me you thought it was the start of 2019. Your respnse makes sense now. As does goldhawk's indignation over your response.

Good post.

There was 300 pages about Tom Lynch if we want to revisit fairytales.

Shiel is our number 1 and I would suggest if Gaff happens to be gettable then we might have a decent dabble.

Unless we are prepared to give up a player of value to get in more picks then 1 future first round pick is not enough to get Wingard.

We simply don’t have the assets to trade in Shiel and Wingard unless we unload a quality player or two.

Honestly I will be extremely surprised if Jon Ceglar ends up at GWS as part of any deal for Shiel.

Giants will want more than pick 15 and Ceglar fwiw for Dylan Shiel if he nominates us that is.
It is worth it if you have plenty of cap space (which the club does) and..........

a. don't have the assets to trade for a jet

or

b. want to preserve assets for other trades

I understand the lack of belief in this concept. There are people in highly influential positions at the club who are hell bent on bringing ready made talent to the club so long as they meet age criteria and fit within the pay scale. Bottoming out is not an option.

Losing a player or two doesn't completely solve the Giant's cap issues, however it does take some pressure off. Losing a Ruck then bringing one in, but not needing to pay him much, means they are better positioned to try and keep their other jets or who are coming out of contract.

How many years has Cegs got on his deal? If it's only 1 more season then taking a 400k hit (paying his salary) to get the deal done is definitely worth it if it means we keep our own 1st rounder to get another big fish. If Cegs still has another year left on his deal then you'd think the agreement will be to only pay for one year.

It is buying a first round pick, and we do have space to do it. From that perspective, i'd be interested. But it will also completely throw out our payment structures. If we start doing this, you'll get people like JOM or TOM or even Gunston or Shiells, who will feel disrespected by the fact that the new recruit is on nearly 50% more $ than they are. This may encourage them to look elsewhere.

I do have a feeling that the league/trading will go this way, but I wonder about short vs long term impacts.
Well Shiel wouldn't be getting the 1.3 million, he would be on the same or similar to JOM and Mitchell, the extra money is going to GWS paying out Ceglar. It's risky business limiting your cap space but if you feel you can keep your core group with the cap left over, go for it!

I'm not sure McGovern has that kind of presence as such.

He's quicker, can stick a mark overhead and he can actually jump.

If Roughy can kick 30 goals without those attirbutes, MM can.

As long as we stop bombing it in on his head we are golden.

Well Shiel wouldn't be getting the 1.3 million, he would be on the same or similar to JOM and Mitchell, the extra money is going to GWS paying out Ceglar. It's risky business limiting your cap space but if you feel you can keep your core group with the cap left over, go for it!

Shiel will be getting whatever the damn market dictates, that’s a fact. If the current market states he’s worth 1m a season and we want him, then we are paying him that. We signed Jags and Titch on a reported 700-750k deals 2 years ago, well stiff bickies, salary caps increase and we must pay the money if we want the best players.

Do I think he’s worh it? Nope. Do I think we should pay it to get him? 100%.

People need to understand salary cap is forever increasing, this 1m a season for Shiel is current days 750k in 3 years. Pay it and get him.

How many years has Cegs got on his deal? If it's only 1 more season then taking a 400k hit (paying his salary) to get the deal done is definitely worth it if it means we keep our own 1st rounder to get another big fish. If Cegs still has another year left on his deal then you'd think the agreement will be to only pay for one year.

Cegs and McEvoy come out of contract in 2019.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't see any of those three going. Clarko just having the same convos with Roughy, as he did with Mitchell, Lewis & Hodge, they all had suitors that they were interested in going to... Roughy won't leave Hawks.

Not for another club. With silk or roughead it would be to retire.

Shiel will be getting whatever the damn market dictates, that’s a fact. If the current market states he’s worth 1m a season and we want him, then we are paying him that. We signed Jags and Titch on a reported 700-750k deals 2 years ago, well stiff bickies, salary caps increase and we must pay the money if we want the best players.

People need to understand salary cap is forever increasing, this 1m a season for Shiel is current days 750k in 3 years. Pay it and get him.

Agree with what your saying with the salary cap increase. Add a extra 100k on top of jager or mitchell contract.
Bottem line if he wants to play for a club closer to the window essendon or hawks he will be get offered 800-850.
If you want to play for a seller dwellar blues, saints he will get 1million.
Always going to be 200k or more differance between bottem and top teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, no doubt.

Do JOM and Tom want flags? Yes. Will Shiel help get us there? Yes.

What happened when JOM went down v Dees? Panic set in. Why? Coz we lack midfield depth and the footy world knows it.

Worpel ain’t ready yet.

Shiels is a support act.

Burgoyne was injured and is 36 years of age.

Howe is a battler.

Cuz, JOR, Lovell not even looked at.

Smith and Hendo are north of 30.

Clarko and Wrighty. Get this done. And I trust you will.

If we were getting Lynch then Rough would have gotten the tap on the shoulder.
Sorry I disagree with that also, if Roughy wasn't contracted then possibly, but nope highly doubt that'd be the case getting a Key Forward or not, Roughy will be there, but won't be Captain.

If we were getting Lynch then Rough would have gotten the tap on the shoulder.

As good as Burgers has been it might have been the right time for him too.

We aren't ready for life post Burgoyne.

Rough kicked 4 goals against Dees
I love roughead mate. But he been a liability in some game this season. Is not playing a true chf/ff role more of a high half forward and to be brutally honest is not worth he paycheck given his current condition. I hope he has a great off season and proves me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back