List Mgmt. Hawthorn Trade and FA news discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to land an A grade miss this off season so we should just focus on that now that Lynch won't happen, we got a little fortunate that Mitchell, Jaeger, Smith or Shiels barely got injured in 2018.

The whole thing is that, if what I've gleaned is true, we could put a contract together that GC couldn't match, unlike Richmond.
Put trading out of the equation
Interesting, i still find it hard to belive how could we offer more than what g.c can they have no one of value on there list

I am not disagreeing. Just reporting what I believe is happening.

Apperciate it your mail is usually spot on

why wait on tom - crazy neil balme will not stuff this up. i wish we'd tell tom to sign with us hassle free or ggf. waiting around means other offers come in for other targets & minds can change.
grrr

Exactly. It seems very strange. Waiting for the bird we want to change her mind at the last minute and go home with us while these other quality units leave with other blokes. Hopefully we aren't left with just our snags in our hands. How long will these other targets sit around with their futures on hold....and then come the blues, saints and roos with the mega bucks and heads are turned. Surely there's a cut off point some time this week or early next when we have to leave TL alone.

So if reports here are to be believed Shiel’s management came to us and sounded us out about a trade , yet we are waiting for word from Lynch to see what we do?
No wonder Shiel is expected to nominate a dud club in Carlton.......

Exactly. It seems very strange. Waiting for the bird we want to change her mind at the last minute and go home with us while these other quality units leave with other blokes. Hopefully we aren't left with just our snags in our hands. How long will these other targets sit around with their futures on hold....and then come the blues, saints and roos with the mega bucks and heads are turned. Surely there's a cut off point some time this week or early next when we have to leave TL alone.
Cue- Jim Carrey “ so we still have a chance” line.
Anyway, fwiw , I believe we’re set to meet with Dylan in the next few days. As is at least, one other club.

Cue- Jim Carrey “ so we still have a chance” line.
Anyway, fwiw , I believe we’re set to meet with Dylan in the next few days. As is at least, one other club.
According to a Carlton poster he is meeting with Hawthorn Carlton and StKilda in the few days

Interesting, i still find it hard to belive how could we offer more than what g.c can they have no one of value on there list

hard to believe isnt it? a club so bad, it lacks talent AND salary cap space, is ****-ring a labour politician? because no-one else could be so inept at handling a budget...

so GCS are losing TL and Hall? and possibly May, but they cant match our offer? doesnt make sense

How is Judds form, just commented on Footy Classified that it would be a mistake if Port let Wingard leave and come to us. The prick wouldn’t say that if Carlton were a chance to get him. What a massive flog Judd is.

Would it not be a mistake for them if he's as good as most people on this board are pumping him up to be?

So many people on this board get so touchy and partisan

Would it not be a mistake for them if he's as good as most people on this board are pumping him up to be?

So many people on this board get so touchy and partisan
That is not my point. My point is that, he would not say that comment if a player was wanting to go to his crap club. Don’t see him saying Adelaide are crazy for letting go of McGovern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is not my point. My point is that, he would not say that comment if a player was wanting to go to his crap club. Don’t see him saying Adelaide are crazy for letting go of McGovern.

As per pretty much all media personalities who have ties to certain clubs, Judd basically doesn't comment on any trades Carlton are linked to.

Hutchy and co ask him about McGovern, Shiel etc and Judd basically brushes off the questions. This is what McGuire, Brayshaw, Koch etc all do. Even ex-players now in the media won't disadvantage their old club.

And it's totally true...seems ludicrous for Port to let Wingard go after losing Polec.
Actually for Carlton's best interest it would be better if you did get Wingard because that would surely put you out of the race for Shiel and one less competitor for us.

No. What I am saying is - because Richmond and GC I suspect are miles apart it is having flow on effect on all marquee trades, particularly those that effect the HFC. It is affecting other trades because I understand blokes are in holding pattern.
Might also be being held up by the trade period not starting yet. Also Gold Coast would be foolish to match Lynch offer, doubt they will get more than pick 3.

Last edited:
So if reports here are to be believed Shiel’s management came to us and sounded us out about a trade , yet we are waiting for word from Lynch to see what we do?
No wonder Shiel is expected to nominate a dud club in Carlton.......

If his management did approach us, was it serious, or was it to leverage up another offer? We might be showing about us much interest in the approach as we should...

How is Judds form, just commented on Footy Classified that it would be a mistake if Port let Wingard leave and come to us. The prick wouldn’t say that if Carlton were a chance to get him. What a massive flog Judd is.

I wouldn't take that as offensive to us. I take it that he sees enormous value in Wingard and you try to keep that kind of talent. Also, I suspect that Judd regrets leaving WCE, so tends to lean toward players staying at clubs where they are established. None of that relates to Hawthorn.

I wouldn't take that as offensive to us. I take it that he sees enormous value in Wingard and you try to keep that kind of talent. Also, I suspect that Judd regrets leaving WCE, so tends to lean toward players staying at clubs where they are established. None of that relates to Hawthorn.
Agreed - just because some people have an opinion that doesn't meet ours, doesn't mean they are hawthorn haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back