Game Day Hawthorn v Carlton, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez Dixie going in 5 minutes early! That's unlike you.
Come on Hawks! Desperately need to win this one. Expecting big things from our midfield as that's where the game will be won/lost

There are some seriously good inclusions for us this weekend.

Shiels and Stratton are huge ins for us. The outs were expected.

Hopefully no late omissions.

We have been in every game really, except the cats where we clearly showed we need a full list of players to challenge. In the games we lost we were terribly unlucky with in game injuries and some unusual decisions which annoyingly have not been adjudicated in the same manner since.

Our backs are against the wall and we need to grind it out.

I’m confident in the culture of our club.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Danger game...

I hadn't really thought about the game yet - just wanted to be the first to post "Danger game".
Given our position on the ladder and our ability to lose games from good scoreboard positions lately I would have said this is old fashion eight point game.

Don't stone me people.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve been ok with a few things not helping us in recent weeks and I think they may have a bit of a come down after their win last week .

I’m actually hoping they go tall and we get a windy Tassie day . Think it will be a bit of a grind .

Hawks by 16

Deadset should be 4-1 with the Cats game the only time where we were outgunned, our other losses have been so un-Hawthorn like and where absolutely ruined by injury and umpiring.

There are concerns with leadership, why do we continually give up leads and lose winnable positions which is a rarity for our footy club? Time for Stratts to really stand up as a leader, time for Jags to stamp himself, time for Chad to tear a game apart and time for our boys to put 4qtrs together.

Win today and we go back to Saturday’s at the G against a terrible Melbourne with a chance to look at finals again, very important game.

Time for our forward line to start firing. Gunston, Bruest and Chad need to start getting amongst the goals consistently if we want to be a chance at finals. Good opportunity for all of those guys to find some form today.

Expect a rogering from the umps again but it shouldn’t matter as long as we stick to our structures.

With a little more class in key moments we could’ve won last week so no excuses for not accounting for this mob.

There are concerns with leadership, why do we continually give up leads and lose winnable positions which is a rarity for our footy club? Time for Stratts to really stand up as a leader, time for Jags to stamp himself, time for Chad to tear a game apart and time for our boys to put 4qtrs together.

In the two times this has happened, both times we lost two important on field leaders for large chunks of the game. How is it the fault of leaders like Shiels, Burgoyne, Stratts and Frawley that they got injured and went off the field?

Had a blues fan tell me they'd smash us today. They're very confident. We must crush it early.

We're crying out for an old school Tassie 10 goal win. Hoping it's today.
They’ve been pretty chirpy all week . I don’t blame them though.
Remember when we were rebuilding 2005-2006 we normally would drop games after a decent win so I’m hoping for the same today from them .

Bulldogs gave them no resistance or pressure either last week , we will make them work far harder .

BTW - over these 3.20 games , I know someone has to play them and we will get some through the season but the whole start to the season so far?
Absolute nightmare when you’ve got a few young kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back