Review Hawthorn v Cats - match sim - Thursday 23rd Feb, GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t see us playing Kossie and a resting Ruckman deep forward, hits the ground and straight out of there
It’s not hitting the ground though, Ratagolea has had 3-4 marks.

Need to compete harder in fwd and backline.

Have been too easy to score against in this first quarter.

Butler, McDonald, Newk standouts so far.

Kosi, Worpel, Scrimshaw can only improve from here.

Quick ball movement from cats exposed a few holes

They frequently got an overlap in transition and our defenders were spending a lot of time running up to cover the next man in the chain.

Lots of Finn, Nash, Worpel in those midfield combos so skills were a bit frustrating.

Kosi isn't getting anything with speed, size or patterns from Esava. Worn like a glove and held out of contests.

Weddle had a rough Q.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there has been some serious turnover howlers with players open which have resulted in easy goals going the other way. And then this results in team mates not running as hard to make position to we are kick to a contest. Rinse and repeat at present. That is not how Sam has asked them to play.

Worpel wearing the tape on his shoulder in addition to his near-shaven hair is making me think twice about whether that's James Worpel or Tom Mitchell out there. Let's see if it actually turns him into Tom Mitchell, considering it appears he'll also be playing Mitchell's former role.

It’s not hitting the ground though, Ratagolea has had 3-4 marks.
Kosi was almost uncompetitive in some of those contests. Once out of position doesn't fight hard enough to stop those marks

We’re playing the reigning premiers at their home ground. Honestly think we haven’t been too bad, a bit of polish on the final kick and we’d be closer.
I'm still a bit disappointed regardless of all you have said. Let's see the response.

Speed skills and separation with some
Desperation is the modern game.

Would like to see a lot better skills by round 1 everyone looking very rusty

I'm still a bit disappointed regardless of all you have said. Let's see the response.
We’re a work in progress, particularly in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Hawthorn v Cats - match sim - Thursday 23rd Feb, GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back