Preview Hawthorn v Melbourne - MCG, 9 August 2014, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

IN: Mitchell, Smith, Hartung
OUT: Schoenmakers (omitted) Gunston (injured/rested) Burgoyne (rested)
Know he played a poor game but if Gunston is out then I don't see Schoey being dropped unless they're going to play O'Brien or Lowden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Hale (omitted), Gunston (rested), Woodward (omitted), Schoenmakers (omitted)

In: Ceglar, Mitchell, Smith and Hartung

FF: Breust - Ceglar - Puopolo
HF: Burgoyne - Roughie - Smith
Ce: Hill - Lewis - Shiels
HB: Birchall - Spangher - Hodge
FB: Duryea - Gibson - Stratton

Ru: McEvoy
RR: Lang ford
Ro: Mitchell

I/C: Suckling, Simpkin, Litherland + Hartung (sub)

Hale didn't impress today which is not good for him, might have open the door for Cegs to come in after the rest...

They might rest Gunners, considering he didn't return after injuring his ankle.

Melbourne lost the last 6, they have the WORST forward line(by over 100 points) and we have the BEST forward line (by over 200 points), they rely on defending, we generally take apart defensive orientated teams, so hoping for another big win......

Assuming Gunners isn't too serious, he can have a rest. Also Mitch and Smithy back. Hale didn't impress me. Should be a toss up between him and Ceglar without knowing how Cegs did in the VFL. I reckon Clarko prefers Hale though

In: Smith, Mitchell,
Out: Gunston, Woodward

Schoey lucky

May as well give Grimley his last AFL game:

In: Grimley, Smith, Mitchell, Hartung
Out: Gunston, Burgoyne, Hodge, Woodward

Just had a listen to Clarko presser, sounds like Mitch only had a bug so is a cert to come back, Izzy has a calf issue so just give him another week. Gunston too should have a rest after his leg issue today. Both Izy and Gunner can then come in against freo fresh.

Ins: Mitchell, Ceglar, Hartung

Outs: Hale (I think he is now our 3rd ruck option), Woodward (With Mitch coming back no space for him).. Gunston (Inj) Schoenmakers very lucky to stay in. Only because Gunner is missing.

FF: Breust - Roughie - Ceglar
HF: Burgoyne - Schonmakers - Puopolo
Ce: Hill - Lewis - Shiels
HB: Birchall - Spangher - Litherland
FB: Duryea - Gibson - Stratton
Ru: McEvoy
RR: Hodge
Ro: Mitchell
I/C: Suckling, Simpkin, Langford + Hartung (sub)

Another 10 goal win.....

I'm not entirely sure that Clarkson would want to rest anyone. Percentage could still be a factor and the Hawks have only just had a bye. Plus it's an eight day break before the Hawks play Fremantle, so they do get a fair break. It's consecutive six day breaks after that, though.

I presume that Gunston will miss through injury and Hale wasn't very impressive. Sewell, Smith and Mitchell could ask be included and perhaps Ceglar may replace Hale.

At this stage, Clarkson wants to build continuity in the group, especially with Lake and Rioli to bring back in over the next few weeks.

Last edited:
I think they will give Hale every opportunity to find some form. Was disappointing today, but his best is better then Ceglar at this stage.

Would like to see us really open them up next week. They haven't looked like winning much, but they have been somewhat difficult to score against. I think we're the team to carve them up, and we could definitely use the the percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back