Game Day Hawthorn v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is going to be very difficult to win tonight, the swans are significantly better than last week with their inclusions, including Kennedy who was rested last week not injured. Their defenders have been put under the microscope over their form last week, Sicily and Obrien are going to have to toughen up fast tonight. We still haven't been in very good form yet this year , whereas the swans , apart from last weeks slip up have been in good Nic , Franklin in top form and facing hawthorn with no Lake could cause big trouble for us especially if we keep losing contested ball, stoppages and centre clearances. Whatever happens tonight we will be better towards the end of the year with Hodge back and a season into the young guys.
Rioli also didn't play last week and he is not injured and Rioli >>>>>> Kennedy. We are playing on our home deck, Swans don't play MCG particularly well and are backing up from losing there 6 days ago.

The only reason we won't win tonight is if the boys are flat from Roughy's news.

Just a gut feeling Lewie will pull out a blinder tonite...
Reckon a blinder or a shocker. It's hard to tell how he'll be able to respond. If it's the latter then I hope we don't see any DHs in the game day or review threads sinking the boots in.

6 to watch -
Potential spud games (in my crosshairs)

Duryea - can he have an impact

Cegs - can he jump all night

Sicily - can he handle being a no. 1-2 forward

Potential killer game -

Hill - is on the rise from injury

Lewis - to put on a hard as nails midfield clinic in respect for his mate

TOB - can he be THE guy

*KB - will get 0 goals kicked on him

FINAL INTERCHANGES
Hawthorn:
Ben McEvoy, Taylor Duryea, James Sicily, Will Langford
Sydney Swans: Harry Cunningham, Zak Jones, George Hewett, Jake Lloyd

Interesting move starting McEvoy on the bench.

It could indicate we plan on making one of Grundy or Richards chase a little guy around for the game.

This game won't be won in the midfield, it will be won between the ears. Clarkson and co have a huge challenge ahead of them because it's these kinds of situations that can have such a varying impact on individuals. I imagine a lot of behind the scenes work has gone on to provide support to all affected parties but sometimes it just takes time.

Heading to the ground now, gonna grab a Roughead badge on my way in if they haven't sold out.

So Hill and Hartung starting,Gunston to HF?
a119bfe3fa0ecb331a862ffb4d9f2ed4.jpg

Hawks twitter said no change but the photo doesn't match the AFL bench tweet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now let's cross to Kingy and Gerard in the war room.....

Two complete twats who have struggled to compliment Hawthorn for 4 years.
Absolute spuds with their biased opinions! Tippet will be BOG & Laidler will be the second coming in the Swines defence

Absolute spuds with their biased opinions! Tippet will be BOG & Laidler will be the second coming in the Swines defence
Surprised King didn't slip in a comment about Ross, the super coach, to be honest.

Tippett usually plays well against us and takes lots of marks forward. Good thing for us is he is now there best ruckman and that big softie sinclair has to play majority forward.

Tippett usually plays well against us and takes lots of marks forward. Good thing for us is he is now there best ruckman and that big softie sinclair has to play majority forward.

Just show him a photo of Cyril.

Don't even bother sending the real Cyril towards him.

Dammit. I know Parko, Sewell and Hodge were on ABC radio in the car, but cant gettum via AFL website. Click on ABC, and get the SEN flogs. Disappointment+
Whats new though?

Rise tonight Hawks. Do something for Roughie. Just do it. DO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back