Game Day Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide - 2nd Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

gotta be honest, i haven't watched many port games this year. but the way robbie gray played tonight reminds me so much of ablett, in almost every way (besides the hair). super impressive.

was genuinely shattered for you guys tonight. bigger and better next year!
And that was nothing.... he's done that sorta stuff and a whole lot more this year. Very Ablettesque

Well done port.The HTB calls in the 2nd Q and last Q made no sense. Port Adelaide moral premiers 2014 :)
By no means did umpiring cost us the game, (it was our missing of snap shots from 10m that did that) in fact it probably evened out with a couple bad calls that went our way but.........

HOLY FRIGGIN S@#$, if those umpires umpire the GF the umpires panel will have some answering to do. The HTB decisions we copped multiple times were baffling!!! "Picks ball up ----> tackled ---> locked in with no prior and trying to get rid of it ---> HTB..... WHAT THE FLYING F $@/#

Apart from that there was Schulz's clear throw, Gunstons massive shove in the back in the goal square......... Ah I could go on, what a poorly umpired final.

Oh Jeebus, your poor hearts, one more minute and you would have had the bastards.
Great gut busting effort, never say die - what a team!

i think we dodged a bullet there tonight. Was hoping you guys were going to run out of legs much like North last night. Must admit I didn't rate you much all season largely because I haven't seen many Port games, but you guys were simply awesome. Much respect and exciting times ahead no doubt. Enjoy the ride.

I reckon the Aussie footie community is finally finding out why we are in the AFL. we aren't a franchise, we are a bloody hard working footy club and we don't like losing. we are making a lot of friends right now which is great, but they will soon be shown that we didn't get here by being nice guys.

we are a ruthless, successful football club. we play fair, but hard, tough and we don't accept loss.

right now all messages are fluffy cos we were a basket case. and Im.kinda am enjoying being the nice guy for a change. but it won't last. everyone will soon learn the real might of the pafc and then we can get on with being the superpower that we are used to.being.

p.s. no offence intended, I'm loving the messages from other club posters. but I'm. pretty keen to get back to.being what I grew up.being. the feared mighty port Adelaide !!!

I was at the 'G - geez the Port crowd was bloody fantastic. That was honestly a louder crowd than Geelong in the QF, and certainly the loudest interstate travelling crowd I have ever heard.

I was absolutely shitting myself in those last 10 minutes and geez you've got some ****ing fantastic players. Port Adelaide 2014 reminds me of Hawthorn 2007, but a rung above. Enjoy your premierships the next few years.

Could not be any prouder of this football club today. Could have easily thrown in the towel and simply say that we are good enough. Instead we showed our never give up attitude and it nearly got us into a GF. If we could have kicked straighter, we may be in a different position. But hey, the scoreline probably reflects on where exactly were at this season. Just short of the best.

Next year will be HUGE!!!

I ABSOLUTELY ******* LOVE THIS CLUB!!!

Bring on 2015!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we lost, and it hurts like hell, but shit we were good. we beat last years gf team on their own turf, and should have beaten the reining premiers on theirs. look at our team. only player that may slow is kane. the rest will rise along with other fringe players. we are better than gws and gcs cos we got ticker. ticker is what made the hawks great for so.long

anyone else see when chad passed the ball to boaky in the centre and pretty much had a clear run when Langford was all over him without the ball..what a joke.

anyone else see when chad passed the ball to boaky in the centre and pretty much had a clear run when Langford was all over him without the ball..what a joke.

dude, the umps we're only paying frees,to port when we were in.clear and it was, play on anyway. don't beat yourself up over it. I've done a heap of soul searching since the siron, and yes I'm.drunk. but don't be angry. be happy. we will win next year. get your pennies on.it

Don't normally venture from the Bay or SFA, but had to come on here and express my commiserations to your team tonight.
You were clearly our equal tonight and with maybe a touch more poise would be looking forward to next week.

Congratulations on a great game tonight, I know you'd all be shattered, you should be coz your mob deserved to be there tonight and came so bloody close to winning, and would have been a deserved one at that.

Bad luck, and I look forward to squaring off again next year.

Hawthorn's kicking for goal was sensational and ours wasn't good enough. Roughy was amazing. I think someone's watching over us and we just weren't quite ready. We must strike next year.

Well, the team gave it everything, and it was almost enough

They showed they will never, ever give up. We earned everyone's respect

How exciting was that last run on! They are so good.

Yeah kicking and umpiring, but I have two choices. Be bitter and sulk, or just appreciate all they did and let the players be sad and sorry for me.

Ryder, redden, players a year older, more games on the mcg

The AFL and tv channels will be lining up to have us on Friday nights and prime time.

Time to come top 2, and get home finals and the week off

Well done everyone, what a journey it was!

It was such a great day and we lost. Just feel lucky to be a Port supporter. This team is giving us one hell of a ride

Just wanted to thank the 15,000 or however many it was that were there today! The atmosphere was amazing and was an absolute joy being there as a neutral. Even though I bet on and barracked for Port with all my life, lost my voice by the end so felt like a loss when the siren went. But your fans at the ground were simply awesome and think you needed to be at the ground to really appreciate it. It was just so loud!

Love your boys with their never say die attitude. Two blokes behind me decided to leave when Hawthorn got out to 28pts, fools! Your players have a great attitude and it's pretty obvious you'll have success.

I live in Adelaide & have seen your club achieve the ultimate success, struggle through crisis & now rise from the ashes. This version of the club, Kennys Port, reminds me more-so of that successful era SANFL Port than any other. I can certainly relate to the never say die attitude and establishment of a culture of professionalism. I always hear ppl try to tell you it's the $$ or draw or umpires etc etc which means your club is going to be successful or not. Bull. I think it's the clubs heart & soul, how the players, staff & fans conduct themselves at all times. Hold yourselves to the highest standards. This loss will burn and churn in your guts. Your club has shown this year it's going to respond to this loss in the right way. Use it and get better.

I know many of you probably couldn't give a sh*t what a "cola swan" fan thinks but I have a great deal of respect for what your club has managed to do this year. I'm honestly astounded by your clubs amazing transformation and establishment of a bloods like attitude that I think you should all be super proud of.

You are Port Adelaide

And you should all be very proud to be.

Congrats on an amazing rebuild, amazing year and seemingly bright future ahead. Chins up guys.

I am not going to whinge about the umpiring or the poor kicking...I am just going to be proud that for the first time in our AFL history we are playing like the Port Adelaide I know and love...we never stopped till the final siren, we saw hope where there was none and we gave them the fear that we have created for a hundred years
Love this post

I live in Adelaide & have seen your club achieve the ultimate success, struggle through crisis & now rise from the ashes. This version of the club, Kennys Port, reminds me more-so of that successful era SANFL Port than any other. I can certainly relate to the never say die attitude and establishment of a culture of professionalism. I always hear ppl try to tell you it's the $$ or draw or umpires etc etc which means your club is going to be successful or not. Bull. I think it's the clubs heart & soul, how the players, staff & fans conduct themselves at all times. Hold yourselves to the highest standards. This loss will burn and churn in your guts. Your club has shown this year it's going to respond to this loss in the right way. Use it and get better.

I know many of you probably couldn't give a sh*t what a "cola swan" fan thinks but I have a great deal of respect for what your club has managed to do this year. I'm honestly astounded by your clubs amazing transformation and establishment of a bloods like attitude that I think you should all be super proud of.

You are Port Adelaide

And you should all be very proud to be.

Congrats on an amazing rebuild, amazing year and seemingly bright future ahead. Chins up guys.
That made me cry. Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide - 2nd Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back