Hawthorn vs St Kilda Round 8 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

16 inside 50's in 3 quaters!!!!! Are you f#$%kn kidding me!!
Wtf goddard?? Where are you!! Go back to bed mate! Disgraceful!!

Re: "Our top end talent" - Mentally shot. And theres not much anyone can do about it except the players themselves. Not the coaches, not the supporters, not the staff - no one. Just gotta ride this period out and see where we/they end up.

Re: The deadwood - Has to go, why flog the same horses when it's clear we're/they're not getting anywhere?

I thought Goddard might have turned it around after having a decent 2nd half last week but he was as bad as I've ever seen him today, just looks lost out there and completely devoid of confidence and spirit.

Riewoldt was poor as well after a good start, Kosi and McEvoy should have dominated with Hale going off but were barely sighted and Franklin gave Dawson a bath. Can't think of any of our senior players that played well apart from maybe Fisher and Gwilt. If it wasn't for them we probably would have lost by more.

We should beat Melbourne next week but won't if we play like that again. A VFL side probably would have beaten us today.

Was hoping you would win today ... awesome first quarter ... I still cannot put my finger on what happened ... def problem between the ears of the players rather than football ability.

Good luck next week .. harder loss to take this week after showing 2010 form in the first :mad:

I've been calling for spuds to be dropped for kids for weeks utility.

You can't defend some of them. It's not just Raph Clarke. If it was the problem would've been solved long ago.

Bringing in Polo before Alias??? Whoever had that idea should be sacked. :(

Ross feels to much loyalty to dempster for bringing him across from sydney,,,he will never sack him like he did with max

I've been calling for spuds to be dropped for kids for weeks utility.

You can't defend some of them. It's not just Raph Clarke. If it was the problem would've been solved long ago.

Bringing in Polo before Alias??? Whoever had that idea should be sacked. :(

Yeah we would be better off giving our younger mids a go than Polo but not sure it would have made much difference today, we got absolutely smashed in the middle by Mitchell, Sewell, Hodge, Batemen and Lewis. They just had too much class, hardness and experience for our midfield.

Makes it difficult with both Hayes and Montagna out but the rest of our mids just went missing after quarter time. We just couldn't get the ball out of the middle which explains why we struggled to get inside 50s. A shame Geary is injured as he could be one guy that could give us a bit of hardness around the ball.

ross had that idea. its the worst pickup ever Our coach is stubborn and arrogant, and his players have lost faith in him, trust me. How many chances can a coach give to the hackers week after week, lynch heyne winmar and simpkin must be already looking to get the hell out of the club, and i bet at least two will leave and will become guns at other clubs, ross is a F$#W*T

And hed say hes started to play them but fact is when you compare to what he is playing he should be playing 5 of them a week not 2

When Ross was on the couch last week he said even though Goddard was playing badly he wouldnt consider sending him to play for Sandy. But after todays effort, he would have to reconsider! He did it with Dal and Milney couple years ago and it did them wonders.

Just in general, we need to move it out of defence confidently and quickly. We lack the intensity of yesteryear and teams are scoring too easily against us. We would be getting smashed every week if it wasn't for Chips and Gwilt.

Did Dempster really play a poor game to cop the backlash? He hasn't been the worst player for us throughout the season.

Sigh.

We weren't even that good in the first Q.. this was an awful game of football. Hawthorn just kept handing us the ball in the first and we were good enough to capatalise. But after that.... Basically we didn't touch the ball, and when we did we were dreadful.

Sam Fisher the only player who can hold his head high.
Goddard awful.
Milne awful.
Dal........ did he even play??? spent half the game at FF.
Kosi/Macca - pathetic.
Gram dreadful.

I have been keeping the faith all this time, but after today..... it really might be over for the year. Only thing that will change my mind is a BIG win over melbourne followed by an upset of freo.

Truely pathetic today, made me embarrased to be a st.kilda supporter, hawthorn fans were just laughing at us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On today's performance, here's next week's team:

B
HB Fisher
C
HF
F
Foll
Int

Anyone else want to get stuck into Jason Blake now? Wouldn't have put in a (lack of) effort like that today?

Most disgraceful performance I think I've ever seen in a St Kilda jumper.

Any chance we can hit a handball or take an uncontested mark?

I'd rather have the honesty of Blake and Eddy that the outright dishonesty of front runners like Jason Gram.

Whatever disease Kosi has that means he looks strong but can be pushed around like a three year old girl, he gave it to Riewoldt.

Obviously Bakes didn't want to get to 200 games.

End communication.

Jeez, I didn't think Dempster was that bad. He's no superman, but what was he supposed to do on a day like this? Certainly did more than enough to keep a spot for mine.

No defending the team performance though. Dreadful. Definitely the most frustrating game of the season. We actually showed that we could be a functioning team, and then what? We just pissed it down the drain. How can we get stuck time after time coming out of defense when the opponents just get it out so easy? Where's the workrate?

I don't want to be too harsh on Polo. He's played his first game in over a year and he showed tiny glimpses, but jeez, I hope that's not the most we're going to get from him. I'd give him a game next week, only because all players deserve a second chance, but damn, he hasn't given me much to be excited about.

Knowing RL, I'm sure team unity and the dynamic would be very important to him, and I can't see him dropping senior players simply because they can't get their act together mentally and/or physically. However, we had a heap of underperformers today and some who have not delivered for weeks now (Gram and Goddard two who could qualify), however, from what was delivered today, if you were to be a realist, we may see something similar to...

IN: Montagna, Smith
OUT: Baker (susp.), McQualter

siposs: shows that we should have played more kids last year

common denominator: ross

Originally Posted by theutility1980
youve got to be joking, he didnt even compete for the whole game, not up to it, at least two years off, put him back to the twos. four posessions for the game, didnt play on a good player, im sorry but that is just terrible
Siposs also showed how much of a joke your opinion on the matter re him goes. From being at least 2 years off to being a staple child as to why Ross should have played more kids in the space of a week.

clap.gif

In all seriousness, Fisher was good, Gwilt and Gilbert and Armitage had a yelp, and if we don't ruck McEvoy we'll be rucking Schneider which would be silly.

But if Gram, Steven, Jones, Koschitzke & McQualter get games next week we're not fair dinkum.

Liked Ross Lyon's comments post game: They may be the same names as last year but they aren't the same players. Im as dissapointed as I have been since I toiok over as coach.
That says it all, I think Ross is going to wield the executioners axe!!!
axe-14f.jpg

Too many journeymen way past their use by date (Dean Polo selected reaks of desperation) and too many 'talented' players dropping off for whatever reason (Gooddard, Riewoldt) Just a dismal, dismal day. Why can't they all follow Sam Fisher?

Dawson has been pretty good on Buddy in the past but he was back to his old 'space cadet' ways today. All the good work from Fisher or Gwilt doesn't matter if your full back can't keep up his end of the bargain.

In fact that is the problem with our whole team at the moment, we have some players each week putting in 100% effort but then we have others that are just going in half hearted which saps the spirit and morale of the team. The players that are giving it 100% start to think why even bother when other teammates keep letting them down.

When we were playing at our best in 2009 and last year we had 22 committed players all giving 100% and playing for each other. We don't have that this year, we're playing as a bunch of individuals and not as a team.

Dawson has been pretty good on Buddy in the past but he was back to his old 'space cadet' ways today. All the good work from Fisher or Gwilt doesn't matter if your full back can't keep up his end of the bargain.

In fact that is the problem with our whole team at the moment, we have some players each week putting in 100% effort but then we have others that are just going in half hearted which saps the spirit and morale of the team. The players that are giving it 100% start to think why even bother when other teammates keep letting them down.

When we were playing at our best in 2009 and last year we had 22 committed players all giving 100% and playing for each other. We don't have that this year, we're playing as a bunch of individuals and not as a team.

Dawson played well on Buddy once. When he's up and firing he needs an athletic defender who can run with him ( like Josh Gibson ). We have defenders of this type underdeveloped in the VFL ( Walsh, Lynch ).

Liked Ross Lyon's comments post game: They may be the same names as last year but they aren't the same players. Im as dissapointed as I have been since I toiok over as coach.
That says it all, I think Ross is going to wield the executioners axe!!!
axe-14f.jpg

I reckon we will see a big name dropped this week.

Personally I thought we may have either a great year or a shit year this year. Unfortunately, it's the latter.
Didn't see the game but it seems zacca played like he did on tippet in the Adelaide game. Basically a big power forward with speed and zac is all at sea as the forward is smarter than him and quicker.
Bakes looks like the game has passed him by. Slow, aging, but looking slow.
Siposs seems to have shown a bit.
Macca is all at sea as the number one ruck man, but **** me he must be tiring out.
I'd be bringing in archer or Stanley to help him out until gardi gets back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn vs St Kilda Round 8 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back