Autopsy Hawthorn vs Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Dissect the alien encounter here.

michael-jackson-autopsy-photo-1.jpg

I don't know why, but it didn't really feel like a 70 point win for me. It was really good to see the young guys step up and have a good game. I hope that was Clarko telling the senior players to take the back seat.

Mitchell - another case of leather poisoning.

Savage and Bruest - Outstanding

Birchall - He has really come on this year and i think is playing the best footy i have seen him play.

Hodge - Good second half, just wish he had played the whole game like that/

It was just a real pitty Buddy was reported :(

I got the feeling we were doing the bare minimum to take the points. Trying not to cop any injuries or use too much juice. Take Franklin, you would think he would run Bock into the ground, but instead he barely left the forward 50. Everyone was just conserving energy for next week.

Thought the Suns actually did pretty well. We over used the football by hand but at least Hale got a run. He was poor in the ruck but will hopefully get some fitness.

Hope Ladson is ok.

is anyone else worried about all the "contested marks" the suns took in their 50? If we can't punch the ball away from kids, how are we going to go against Cloke and Dawes?
yes
and
Shoey should take Cloke,and hopefully we give them more head aches in their back line.

yeah he kind of rips it accross his body. looks like it helps him keep it lower and more direct.

Not sure why, but I find that kind of kick more accurate too...weird.

also savage was awesome, punky great etc. etc. but really impressed with smithy. kid just looked keen to move at all costs.

bud.....you idiot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think we really shifted out of second gear today. It was just a good grinding kind of win.

Very happy with the 4 points (gotta be)

Annoyed at another player getting injured!!!! When can we catch a break.

Franklin was silly to raise the elbow. High contact, low impact = 1-2 weeks:thumbsdown:

The young players just keep stepping up. Savage was second best on ground, Smith did brilliantly, Shiels did great again and Breust carved up the Gold Coast backline.
Lisle still finding his feet. Throw him to FF next week. He'll kick 6 against the snipers:D:D
:footy::footy::footy:

happy to get the points but it was an ugly win . was not impressed with our skill level nor with our decision making . that will need to improve . ok , what i learnt from this game .

1 - great to see breust get a full game and thank clarko with 4 goals . also ran rings
around browny a couple of time which was nice to see .

2 - savage is by far our biggest improver . great game young fella .

3 - thought lisle did his job down back and was impressed with his field kicking .

4 buddy had a shocker . one of worst i've seen him play . bock did ok but buddy
just had a shocker .

5 - surely buddy will get off or there will be a fricken riot ! nothing in it ...

6 - baily and hale could work but hale needs to lift his work rate .

7 - we will have to lift our game - skill , pressure , tackle intensity and decision making
to beat a desperate bummers team next week .

8 - we can still finish top 4 with our cattle , barring no more serious injuries .

9 - the ground at lonny should have been built so the sun goes across the ground .
what a pain the arse .

10 - i hate listening to tv commentators .

Loved BAILEY'S game. Not enough love for the big fella I feel. Also Breust made Campbell Brown look silly today. The kid looks very classy.

Aside from that, was a fairly ho hum game. Mitch racked them up, Sav must not have had a shower for a few weeks considering the space he was given. Smith is raw, but definitely a talent.

I just liked seeing the youngsters progress and show glimpses of the future. Lisle was good in defence, Breust played a very good midfield/forward game, Smith is a smart footballer with lots of toe, and Savage was everywhere.

I enjoy watching Smith play most of all.

Unimpressive 12 goal win really. Few observations

1. I like Burgoyne off the HBF, let him get his hands on the footy a bit more
2. Hale moves worse than my 80year old nan
3. Glad Punky got to play out a full game, gee the kid has some smarts and awareness
4. Someone please tell Murphy to never f'ing kick across the goals in the backline. Bloody lucky GAJ rushed the snap
5. Agree with what was said above about handballing from your knees after a free kick. Silly decision we see every week

Buddy deserves a week off next week. If the MRP don't see it that way, the match committee should. Stupid decision, he should know better

Bring on the Bummers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn vs Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back