Hawthorn's involvement in the drug saga?

Remove this Banner Ad

stand_by_me.gif.gif

Whatever comes out of this, at the very least, it has been the worst possible advertisement for illegal PEDs. "Take banned drugs and be shit!"

Ha ha, that's exactly it!

Melbourne has a terrible year in 2012, Essendon falls in a heap in the second half.
What does it mean? Well, it means that PED's actually make you worse!

Which also means that Dank, if he is injecting illegal substances, is pretty crap at it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, Sam is an uninterested fossil, who cares more about writing and performing a piece that will appeal to the footy show crowd, than anything of any substance or intelligence.

Shane Charter, the very man who gave 'dietary advice' to Hird during his career, and who's now been linked to supplying Dank with supplements is going to be focused on in the coming days.

If you honestly believe there's nothing to all of this, then you're falling into the trap of believing exactly what the AFL would like you to. "nothing to see here, move along".

No, Sam is uninterested fossil, who cares more about writing a piece that will appeal to the footy show crowd, than anything of any substance or intelligence.

Shane Charter, the very man who gave 'dietary advice' to Hird during his career, and who's now been linked to supplying Dank with supplements is going to be focused on in the coming days.

If you honestly believe there's nothing to all of this, then you're falling into the trap of believing exactly what the AFL would like you to. "nothing to see here, move along".

Struth. You have a clear interest & investment here Echols.

Im not some sheep who follows others; be they Sam Newman, Andy (Man in Denial) Demetriou or the AFL!

This whole saga strikes me as a media beat up. With not one iota of evidence put forward yet. ASADA is coming off as a typical government subsidiary attempting to justify itself & its existence with all this. Not to mention getting a whole swag of attention (Dare I say funding) for itself.

Just like the tanking saga, it will peter out with minor punishments & recommendations to people no longer involved in the game. You will see that time will prove me right on this!

The entire fiasco reeks of a waste of tax payers time, money & intelligence! Not to mention column inches! & yes, including mine here!

Struth. You have a clear interest & investment here Echols.

Im not some sheep who follows others; be they Sam Newman, Andy (Man in Denial) Demetriou or the AFL!

This whole saga strikes me as a media beat up. With not one iota of evidence put forward yet. ASADA is coming off as a typical government subsidiary attempting to justify itself & its existence with all this. Not to mention getting a whole swag of attention (Dare I say funding) for itself.

Just like the tanking saga, it will peter out with minor punishments & recommendations to people no longer involved in the game. You will see that time will prove me right on this!

The entire fiasco reeks of a waste of tax payers time, money & intelligence! Not to mention column inches! & yes, including mine here!
Well I've been following it since it broke, to be honest. And I don't buy bullshit.

If you'd had have been following this investigation, you'd have read of how the ACC supposedly went early on their presser for fear that sports were being effected, and a fear that someone could literally die. This left ASADA, an organisation lacking in resources, minimal time to collate any real intel and so now we wait while they shuffle along putting together the pieces.

Meanwhile, over at Essendon, there's a head coach who had been discussing the use of multiple substances with the sports scientist....yet the club couldn't honeslty tell anyone what these substances were, to the point that they called for themselves to be investigated.... the same coach is said to vehemently deny taking multiple injections of Hexeralin, but admitting to taking 2 injections of 'vitamins'. Yet, the reports are that he chose to take these '2' injections from the sports scientist, and not the EFC doctor, who also happened to have raised concerns with the supplement program.

But it's all a media beat up?

It's a **** up.

AAC went early due to political pressure (IMO) and this rubbish about someone dying came up when it was pointed out to them that any hope of gathering evidence went out the window when they pulled their media stunt.

The only hope of a conviction (not the correct word, given there appears to be no illegal activity alleged thus far) is the fact that ASADA have the advantage of possibly the most flexible rules imaginable, hence things that are not explicitly banned when used can later be found to be banned because they are not yet approved....hello Captain Yossarian. Restrospective rulings are always a mess.

As Procrastinator said earlier, there will be some minor bloodletting, probably mostly due to the AFL taking exception to copping nationwide media heat and therefore invoking "conduct contrary to the interests of the game" or "bringing the game into disrepute" - another extraordinarily arbitrary legislative regime, but I would just about bet my house on Hird still bring there come Rd 1 next year.

Can't say the same for Goodwin. How many scandals can one bloke survive? Not copping much media heat yet given he's previously been done for gambling and is now alleged to have been hitting Dank up for the "good stuff"....but again, what has he actually done (if true)? It's not illegal nor against the WADA code for coaches to juice up.

In the end, unless ASADA pull some really dodgy retrospective rulings out of their butts, I doubt they'll make anything stick.

Be glad to be proven wrong though!

There's more than a bit of chatter getting about that Vlad and the AFLPA want Hird's head on a platter for being so open to letting multiple substances be administered to his players, some of which are not even deemed fit for use on humans. I guess we'll wait and see what comes of it.

There's more than a bit of chatter getting about that Vlad and the AFLPA want Hird's head on a platter for being so open to letting multiple substances be administered to his players, some of which are not even deemed fit for use on humans. I guess we'll wait and see what comes of it.

Getting James Hird's scalp ( Read:Scape-Goat) would be a real feather in the cap and a symbolic justification for all this time, money & trial by media promulgated by ASADA as a justification for its existence. The only things giving it legs is the exorbitant amounts of money being placed on football betting & the Lance Armstrong exposure (Which cll cycling insiders knew about anyway.) Its a complete croc of excrement!

Getting James Hird's scalp ( Read:Scape-Goat) would be a real feather in the cap and a symbolic justification for all this time, money & trial by media promulgated by ASADA as a justification for its existence. The only things giving it legs is the exorbitant amounts of money being placed on football betting & the Lance Armstrong exposure (Which cll cycling insiders knew about anyway.) Its a complete croc of excrement!
No, the only thing giving it legs is that the EFC, when asked, could not give an account of what their players were injected with in 2012. They supposedly still can't.

Forget about theories to do with betting agencies or political grand standing.
At the end of the day EFC players were being administered supplements, against the guidance of the clubs practicing Doctor, and with what looks like the full knowledge of the head coach and others.

Regardless of the extent with with which they've pushed the boundaries, ASADA, the AFL and the AFLPA do not take kindly to this sort of thing taking place with such small regard for the welfare of the players involved.

No, the only thing giving it legs is that the EFC, when asked, could not give an account of what their players were injected with in 2012. They supposedly still can't.

At the end of the day EFC players were being administered supplements, against the guidance of the clubs practicing Doctor, and with what looks like the full knowledge of the head coach and others.

Regardless of the extent with with which they've pushed the boundaries, ASADA, the AFL and the AFLPA do not take kindly to this sort of thing taking place with such small regard for the welfare of the players involved.

If thats true Echols. then whatever it was they were taking couldn't have been much good as they fell in a heap in the second half of the year. ( I suppose people will surmise that is when they stopped taking them?) Perhaps its that very self-same concoction that Sheedy accused our blokes of sniffing prior to the 1984 finals series??? Funny how what goes around comes around hey?

If that happens you could expect Neeld out before the final siren.
Do you really think he'll get the sack if they lose? I'm genuinely curious because I can't tell. People have told me it can't happen this early in the season, but I don't know. Losing to the Giants at this point could be the worst thing to happen to them all season.

For what it's worth, I believe they'll get the job done comfortably.

[quote="Echols, post: 27850413, member:

Regardless of the extent with with which they've pushed the boundaries, ASADA, the AFL and the AFLPA do not take kindly to this sort of thing taking place with such small regard for the welfare of the players involved.[/quote]

Agree entirely here. Only issue is there seems to be very little chance those substances will ever be proven to be either illegal or banned under ASADA/WADA guidelines.

Hence, it'll be up to the AFL's catch-all rules to hit the Scum with a wet lettuce leaf, as in Melbourne's case, unless ASADA can pull a swifty.

That's why I, and many others, believe the story is the main driver. ASADA, ACC, AFL all don't like what's going on, but they really can't pin much on anyone, so they use trial by media to do some damage knowing full well they won't really be able to make much stick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn's involvement in the drug saga?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back