Hawthorn's involvement in the drug saga?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would hope we are not involved and I think if we were involved at any level like Essendon etc then it would be out by now, owing to our recent performance. Am I right in thinking that so far Essendon, Melbourne, North, The Cats and GC are all known to have had associations with Dank or Robinson??

Haha, nah
Nor did I take my soy sauce intravenously ...

So that rules out the Dons then... mmm first to guess who Glacier played for??

Will be interesting to see what the results of all of this are in the near future. I wonder if it will be another Melbourne tanking investigation with the AFL fining some clubs for not breaking the rules. I think some of the delay is because there could be an almighty s*it storm brewing and the AFL and Dimetriou are trying to work out ways to minimise the damage.

What we do know is that Essendon are now done - it is a banned substance and the only thing now is how long the players are rubbed out for and whether ASADA are prepared to work with the afl to minimise the fall out - I will be disappointed if this is the case as the punishment needs to be a determent for the next club who thinks about going down this path. The Dees will be the other one that may be next for the chopping block once it has been determined what they were given which maybe the difficult part.

What we do know is that Essendon are now done - it is a banned substance and the only thing now is how long the players are rubbed out for and whether ASADA are prepared to work with the afl to minimise the fall out - I will be disappointed if this is the case as the punishment needs to be a determent for the next club who thinks about going down this path. The Dees will be the other one that may be next for the chopping block once it has been determined what they were given which maybe the difficult part.

Excuse my ignorance, can they retrospectively do the Dons for administering a product that was not yet banned? Or are the Dons in trouble for administering a product that was not yet approved?

I dot think its quite done. The part I'm interested in seeing is how this plays out for individuals. Will be interesting to see how they identify who is involved specifically. It's one thing to say the dons are done - another to say Jobe or Dustin are.

Jimmy must surely be losing sleep by now - he does though appear to have aged significantly over the last few months - this could though be because of no longer being able to use the youth serum.

Just burst out laughing on the train reading the above line.
Not a very funny event but that was gold.

The AFL will do everything possible to keep full strength teams on the park. They already have with a deal attempted with the drug admin people.
If some players are banned, or a whole team, then revenue will drop. Andy D knows this and will do anything to stop this happening. Look for some deals to be done behind closed doors.

The AFL have gone to ground.

They'll be concocting something for public usage.

Take special note of how the Hun have gone nowhere near this story since the news of AOD-9604 being banned has been confirmed(Instead we have stories about who GWS should target, Hows the Cats are travelling etc).

The biggest story in sport right now, and they don't want to touch it when the drug that everyone has been talking about is confirmed by WADA as a banned substance.

It remains to be seen if the truth will ever come out.

One thing is for sure, there's a growing number of footy fans who are joining the dots.

Excuse my ignorance, can they retrospectively do the Dons for administering a product that was not yet banned? Or are the Dons in trouble for administering a product that was not yet approved?

Very simple, any drug, chemical or compound that does not have some sort of government approval for human consumption / treatment falls under a blanket ban. The chemical etc... does not need to be specifically named, it is banned until is is appropriately approved fit for human use.
This is what hangs the Bombers, they took a compound not TGA approved.

By the book any player that took it is rubbed out for two years I think.
The AFLPA will try to sheet the blame back to the Club but the players have to go according to WADA and ASADA. The players may be able to argue for good compensation given they can't play for two years but under the rules the individual is responsible.

I was flying home to Australia a few days ago from the USA and was watching the Hawthorn game via AFLTV. A few people gathered around to watch it with me and one of them was the Hawthorn Lawyer. I asked him if we had anything to worry about and he said very plain and simply - 'not a thing to worry about'. Apparently Mark Evans ran a super clean shop - one of the reason why the AFL wanted him. We have nothing to worry about people!

Very simple, any drug, chemical or compound that does not have some sort of government approval for human consumption / treatment falls under a blanket ban. The chemical etc... does not need to be specifically named, it is banned until is is appropriately approved fit for human use.
This is what hangs the Bombers, they took a compound not TGA approved.

By the book any player that took it is rubbed out for two years I think.
The AFLPA will try to sheet the blame back to the Club but the players have to go according to WADA and ASADA. The players may be able to argue for good compensation given they can't play for two years but under the rules the individual is responsible.
Cheers and holy shit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/es...d-9604-last-year/story-e6frf7jo-1226628993513
ESSENDON has admitted to drug investigators some of its players took the anti-obesity drug AOD-9604 last year.

The Bombers said they relied on a document purported to have been issued by the World Anti-Doping Agency approving use of the substance, which WADA confirmed this week was banned.

It is believed Essendon's former sports scientist Stephen Dank showed a document to Bombers club doctor Bruce Reid.

Essendon does not have the letter, and believes Dank has the only copy.

Several Essendon officials are aware of the letter's existence.

Dank was not available to respond to questions about the document yesterday.

Really strange time to release this info on the eve of such a big game. I can't begin to imagine how players would be feeling ATM.

I'm wondering if the club is trying to stay one step ahead of ASADA announcements or has this something to do with the outcome of the Ziggy report - isnt that due Friday

No doubt, if they had their time again, the ACC wouldn't have gone so early.

But then again, look at the finger pointing it has caused. And then also people like Charters to come out from the shadows and admit to helping players dope for years.

30 players at 6 clubs!

Not sure I'm going to accept Mr. Charters at his word on this. I suspect some serious exaggeration may be taking place.

I'm not naive enough to suggest no AFL Player is cheating, but equally I'm not naive enough to take a convicted drug trafficker at his word, especially when said trafficker has employed Max Markson to look after his affairs and goes around claiming James Hird told him things about the peptide program that were reported in the press only days earlier virtually word for word (referring to Hird's alleged 3 rules stipulating no harm, all above board etc).

I don't believe Charters on the Hird stuff and therefore I don't believe his other claims.

Engaging Max Markson tells me Charters is looking for paid interviews and book deals...and should not be trusted.

Why wouldn't they have taken a copy of that letter?!
Do you really believe there was a letter?

Seriously, the Essendon FC is a disgrace to the rest of the league. That is confirmed without doubt. There may be others to follow, but Essendon ought to cop it in the neck. Absolutely disgusting. Cheating scum.

Communication Risk Management 1:01

Internalise the messages, make them your own. At the conclusion of the press conference, repeat the key messages.

Use steering phrases to bring the questioning back to your agenda and to deflect questioning. Learn and use the key phrases to steer the dialogue back to your narrative I.e.

1. Let me reiterate <insert key message>

2. And let’s now forget that <insert key message> is innocent until proven guilty.

3. Before I address that question, let me reiterate a crucial point <insert key message>

etc etc

Everything we are currently witnessing is being controlled as much as possible. Like the Essendon responses straight from Risk Management for Idiots; Vlad's carefully scripted responses and managed media appearances.

But it's about to get very ugly. And all parties concerned, particularly the AFL, are gunna be improvising big time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn's involvement in the drug saga?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back