Hawthorn's lack of quality youth is concerning

Remove this Banner Ad

Box Hill in another prelim. Thread fail.

yes, I'm sure Shoenmakers, Anderson, O'Rourke (lol), Whitecross, O'Brien, Simpkin, Grimley and Ceglar are going to be the difference once your older brigade step aside :p

The only one who looks any good is Hartung but even he has been iffy when give opportunities thus far.

Where's your next Lewis?
Where's the next Roughead?
Where's the next tall timber like Hale capable of kicking goals and playing ruck?
Where's the next Lake?

You guys have nothing coming through. Even Breust, Puopolo, Langford and alike have been carried because of the wonderful team surrounding them.

yes, I'm sure Shoenmakers, Anderson, O'Rourke (lol), Whitecross, O'Brien, Simpkin, Grimley and Ceglar are going to be the difference once your older brigade step aside :p

The only one who looks any good is Hartung but even he has been iffy when give opportunities thus far.

Wow, look at those names. I'm actually more excited about our future than the present, which is crazy given we're 3 wins away from a 3peat

Where's your next Lewis?
Where's the next Roughead?
Where's the next tall timber like Hale capable of kicking goals and playing ruck?
Where's the next Lake?

You guys have nothing coming through. Even Breust, Puopolo, Langford and alike have been carried because of the wonderful team surrounding them.

End of season presents..courtesy of Fremantle. They always seem to know hat you want!!! oh...an BTW we have another weeks enterainment left Booby..

purple handbag.jpg

you enjoy Stevei J highlight reels!

Hodge, Mitchell, Lake, Burgoyne, Lewis, Gibson, McEvoy, Hale & Frawley...

Imagine what it will look like when these guys are replaced with Shoenmakers, Spangher and other spuds no-one has ever heard of :$:$:$:$

Don't think we're in any position to slag off the back to back AFL World Premiers in all honesty. Ita embarrassing actually

Peace Out, DVB

What's going on Hawthorn fans?
Hodge, Mitchell, Lake, Burgoyne, Lewis, Gibson are about to retire. I wouldn't be surprised a few of them announce their retirement at the end of the year. Given they are all clearly still their best players, what are Hawthorn going to do here?

It's not as if they have a lot of room to bring in free agents given they have committed to Frawley (550k?) and signed up a host of others like Roughead, Gunston, Breust, Rioli etc. I think Hawthorn are going to struggle to even make the top eight next year.

Opinions?
Maybe we should follow the Geelong model - ditch our triple premiership heroes as fast as possible to pay mercenaries like Henderson & Scott Selwood?

If our youf is anywhere near as ordinary as Horlin-Smith, Smedts, Murdoch, Walker, Kersten & Thurlow we are in for some very lean years. :(

Maybe we should follow the Geelong model - ditch our triple premiership heroes as fast as possible to pay mercenaries like Henderson & Scott Selwood?

If our youf is anywhere near as ordinary as Horlin-Smith, Smedts, Murdoch, Walker, Kersten & Thurlow we are in for some very lean years. :(

Bosk has finally reached acceptance.

oh...an BTW we have another weeks enterainment left Booby..
So does the rest of the league if you serve up the same shit again as you did last night... :cool::thumbsu:

Unfortunately, and going by last night, your youf is nowhere near Horlin-Smith, Smedts, Murdoch, Walker, Kersten & Thurlow. You are in for some very lean years.

Box Hill in another prelim. Thread fail.

87651635.ExdwAP6i.DSC06554_s.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who better than Geelong to give them advice?

Hey! At least we have a fair excuse :) . . . injuries have crucified us and I honestly mean crucified.
Hawthorn had injuries early last year but got pretty much all of them back by the time finals rolled around. Much different ball game when you have no rucks or forwards leading into a final.

Geelong playing finals in the VFL this year?
Look what the mighty Hawk's have resorted too. Although you will dismiss it, due to our injury list we have had long periods in the VFL this year with only 2-3 AFL listed players, with the rest filled up by lads from the local leagues. The cry for the common Hawk is to shout about their VFL team, but even Essendon, Collingwood and the Saints are playing finals.

You know full well that your club's strategy of the last half decade of recruiting older guys to top up your team was an extremely short-sighted plan, and you have absolutely no quality youngsters coming in to fill the void once the 30+ guys retire, which is at most 1-2 years away. Enjoy the rest of this year because the future looks very bleak for the Hawks. :thumbsu:

Look what the mighty Hawk's have resorted too. Although you will dismiss it, due to our injury list we have had long periods in the VFL this year with only 2-3 AFL listed players, with the rest filled up by lads from the local leagues. The cry for the common Hawk is to shout about their VFL team, but even Essendon, Collingwood and the Saints are playing finals.

You know full well that your club's strategy of the last half decade of recruiting older guys to top up your team was an extremely short-sighted plan, and you have absolutely no quality youngsters coming in to fill the void once the 30+ guys retire, which is at most 1-2 years away. Enjoy the rest of this year because the future looks very bleak for the Hawks. :thumbsu:

I could only imagine a Geelong supporter saying something like this. That's why I'll dismiss it. Enjoy your finals series. Even if we go out in straights sets. At least we we're good enough to make it, unlike some other teams. :thumbsu: Oh..and I'll just add, we've won two flags in a row that I'm thoroughly enjoying with our short sighted plans!

I could only imagine a Geelong supporter saying something like this. That's why I'll dismiss it. Enjoy your finals series. Even if we go out in straights sets. At least we we're good enough to make it, unlike some other teams. :thumbsu: Oh..and I'll just add, we've won two flags in a row that I'm thoroughly enjoying with our short sighted plans!

remind us all how many years in a row Hawthorn have been playing finals again?

If you guys make it again next year, and again after that . . . come back with "enjoy your finals series" one liner mate ;)

it's frustrating how easy of passage into the last two preliminary finals they have received too. They got to play a banged up Sydney Swans in 2013. Missing a whole core of players and then once they got that job done, they were blessed to meet Geelong who were ravaged by injuries in the preliminary final. Surprised they still struggled to win that game in all honesty.

Then last year in week 1 of finals, it was Geelong (again) who were crucified by the footy gods and had a depleted squad. They have truly had a very fortuitous run these past couple of years have the Hawthorn football club.

It's why they can never be rated alongside Brisbane or Geelong who had no advantages on route their 3 premierships.
Yep. They have had amazingly good luck with injury coming into finals the last couple of years. Only Rioli has had an injury cloud and he has still managed to play. This compares to the teams they have played in those finals who have been missing 5 or so from their best team and being carrying additional players with major injury setbacks. They are luckier than the crows flag sides of the late 90s.

Yep. They have had amazingly good luck with injury coming into finals the last couple of years. Only Rioli has had an injury cloud and he has still managed to play. This compares to the teams they have played in those finals who have been missing 5 or so from their best team and being carrying additional players with major injury setbacks. They are luckier than the crows flag sides of the late 90s.
He didn't play last night did he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn's lack of quality youth is concerning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back