Heathcote DFL part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heathcote to get over North in the last quarter. We're Streaking to get dragged by the Billy Brownless look alike in the second stanza for blewing at the quarter time huddle....again!:D
Elmore to beat Colbo by 3 goals. Weeks to kick 6, Hill 5, Hayes 7.
Mounts to avenge the first round loss and beat Broadford by 23 points. Dalton to get seven kicks.
Lockington to beat the Hills by seven big ones. Danno Lucas to emulate his uncle the great jexhead Tony and to drink 30 cans after the game.:D

Margin has been less than a kick either way on our last 3 meetings, and with Harley Hammond Reserve feeling the effects of this weeks rain I hope she'll be a bit closer than that

Do you think your total unaccountability is the reason you were dropped from the seniors?

And do you think playing loose in a back pocket is the way to get back up into the ones?

With finals close at hand, I would think you were behind Nihill and Freeman for a spot in the ones.

Country footy i am assuming you have seen one of my last 2 games. Against Huntly and North in the 2's both teams have actually had someone try to run with me as defensive forwards so if that is not a licence to run up the ground then i don't know what is. And i don't think i have conceeded too many goals have I???

I was sent back to the 2's to work on some things one of which is to provide more run out of the last line of defence, which is exactly what i have done. I think you will find i have been mentioned as one of our best in those last 2 games so obviously the people that matter have been happy with the way i have gone about things

Any way thanks for the criticism mate. I will take it on board :p

Country footy i am assuming you have seen one of my last 2 games. Against Huntly and North in the 2's both teams have actually had someone try to run with me as defensive forwards so if that is not a licence to run up the ground then i don't know what is. And i don't think i have conceeded too many goals have I???

I was sent back to the 2's to work on some things one of which is to provide more run out of the last line of defence, which is exactly what i have done. I think you will find i have been mentioned as one of our best in those last 2 games so obviously the people that matter have been happy with the way i have gone about things

Any way thanks for the criticism mate. I will take it on board :p

Get ya hand off it

Colbinabbin 6.4 8.10 13.11 18.12 (120) v» Elmore 0.2 2.4 6.6 9.11 (65)

Colbo smashed Elmore today - Best Riordan, Weeks very good at CHB, Knight through middle.

Elmore not given space and time and Colbo very good at controlling the tempo. Colbo v Heathcote granny?

Colbinabbin 6.4 8.10 13.11 18.12 (120) v» Elmore 0.2 2.4 6.6 9.11 (65)

Colbo smashed Elmore today - Best Riordan, Weeks very good at CHB, Knight through middle.

Elmore not given space and time and Colbo very good at controlling the tempo. Colbo v Heathcote granny?

any reason for your comment looks like colbo jumped elmore pretty even after that , dont right of the premiers as for grand finalists we will see in 2 weeks when colbo and saints fight for top spot !!!!!!!

any reason for your comment looks like colbo jumped elmore pretty even after that , dont right of the premiers as for grand finalists we will see in 2 weeks when colbo and saints fight for top spot !!!!!!!

Still had them covered even when you take out the first quarter. Both teams had injuries and outs so was pretty impressive by Colbo.

When was the last time Colbo lost at home?

Mounts too good when it mattered most yeterday. Was f*ck all in it all day but in the final term Mounts did what had to be done. Cam Carter's last term amazing from a leaders perspective, hard running and important goals meant he led from the front.

Full credit to Mounts who were elated in their important win, Harley Hammond Reserve had been a tough road trip for them at times - especially with the occasion being Justin Gee's 300th game :thumbsu:.

In the absence of Black, Myers, Coomans, Redenbach our midfield was dead on it's feet with minimal relief - Wearney, Webby, Billy & Tayls gallant in carrying the bulk of the workload. I'm still sticking to my guns in saying I feel our list has come a fair way since April but at the end of the day finals is why we play this game and it appears we let a good opportunity slip yesty :(

One plus for the club IMO was that apart from John Taylor, the other 20 players who represented us yesty had played junior football in Broadford, with 15 of them 22 years of age or younger.

Mounts too good when it mattered most yeterday. Was f*ck all in it all day but in the final term Mounts did what had to be done. Cam Carter's last term amazing from a leaders perspective, hard running and important goals meant he led from the front.

Full credit to Mounts who were elated in their important win, Harley Hammond Reserve had been a tough road trip for them at times - especially with the occasion being Justin Gee's 300th game :thumbsu:.

In the absence of Black, Myers, Coomans, Redenbach our midfield was dead on it's feet with minimal relief - Wearney, Webby, Billy & Tayls gallant in carrying the bulk of the workload. I'm still sticking to my guns in saying I feel our list has come a fair way since April but at the end of the day finals is why we play this game and it appears we let a good opportunity slip yesty :(

One plus for the club IMO was that apart from John Taylor, the other 20 players who represented us yesty had played junior football in Broadford, with 15 of them 22 years of age or younger.
Doona have to ask why is there so much talk of you guys heading back to the Riddle league, with the improvment you have gained this season, and i do think there has been, why move when the outlook is bright. I would realy like to hear your views on this.

Doona have to ask why is there so much talk of you guys heading back to the Riddle league, with the improvment you have gained this season, and i do think there has been, why move when the outlook is bright. I would realy like to hear your views on this.

Depends who you listen to phanto. I have not got involved at all with this RDFL stuff as it probably aint my position to do so.

All I think the club is doing is exploring it's options in regards to ensuring us a future, and we need 3rds for that to happen. The numbers in our junior club are promising so we'll have to wait and see how many look like graduating next season to U/17s football

As Ive pointed out a few times, upward of 90% of our list of late has been home grown, so without 3rds coming thru our system we really can't be serious about having a club in operation within 2-3 seasons.

There hasn't been much talk of it in recent weeks mate so dont stress too much.

Was in the Mounts rooms after the game and witnessed a very nice gesture in Doona bringing the game ball into the rooms and handing it on to Justin Gee in recognition of his 300 senior club games. Well done Doona!!! I recall another club close to Bendigo not coughing up the game ball after Denis Ryan had kicked his 100 goals even after being offerred $50 for it. True sportsmanship Doona.

Was in the Mounts rooms after the game and witnessed a very nice gesture in Doona bringing the game ball into the rooms and handing it on to Justin Gee in recognition of his 300 senior club games. Well done Doona!!! I recall another club close to Bendigo not coughing up the game ball after Denis Ryan had kicked his 100 goals even after being offerred $50 for it. True sportsmanship Doona.
it goes a long way and to often is overlooked. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it goes a long way and to often is overlooked. :thumbsu:
Is Doona2 trying to push ahead of Mary MacKillop for sainthood?
Good week to push your case Doona2, how was your meeting with Benedict?
Might be looking for a Nobel Peace Prize. How can I put through a nomination for you?
In all seriousness it seems many of you have a lot to learn in the aprecition of our great game. Thumbs up for Doona2:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Also heard a wisper Broadford are looking to replace the great man. Where do I foward my resume??

Please elaborate matt.:confused: Would be a disgrace if they had

if you realy think you are in the know name the replacment and the person who gave you the info, i am not in the know but i have also herd rumours and they come from both sides of the fence many in favour of Doona.

I'm just posting the rumours that Doona has heard and told me. I agree with you blokes. I'm going to ring the club president later on and find out.

Quicker than I expected!
They were suposed to keep it hush hush for a week.
But I am good and they know the quicker people find out I got the job the better the club will be.
Can see the line of sponcers queing up as we chat, the streets of broadford are filled with locals holding placards of goodwill for you CD good times ahead for us all buddy, i'me in if you need any assistant coaches, money will be required.

Is Doona2 trying to push ahead of Mary MacKillop for sainthood?
Good week to push your case Doona2, how was your meeting with Benedict?
Might be looking for a Nobel Peace Prize. How can I put through a nomination for you?
In all seriousness it seems many of you have a lot to learn in the aprecition of our great game. Thumbs up for Doona2:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Also heard a wisper Broadford are looking to replace the great man. Where do I foward my resume??

Don't worry Pope Doona of B/Ford,i will have the Holy water waiting for you at the bar after the game on Saturday:D

Don't worry Pope Doona of B/Ford,i will have the Holy water waiting for you at the bar after the game on Saturday:D
Lets just hope that Doona and Al have back up plans for thier runners on the weekend (Blackie and RWB) because last time Heathcote played Broadford the runners weighed a combined weight of 295kg surely an acciedent waiting to happen :):):)

Lets just hope that Doona and Al have back up plans for thier runners on the weekend (Blackie and RWB) because last time Heathcote played Broadford the runners weighed a combined weight of 295kg surely an acciedent waiting to happen :):):)

If any of the previous posts are correct in relation to Broadford planning to part ways with Doona for 09 season im sure he is going to give a rats arse about plans of any sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back