Heathcote DFL part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elmore would have spent up a bit over the last 3 years, HFNC should be thankful it has the locals supporting the club and play for the jumper... very rare thing these days. If it works congrats, if it doesnt im sure majority of the playing group will stick around next year to give it another crack.

Dry day and good conditions = Colbo.
Wet day or blowing a gale = Heathcote
i reckon Colbo play a quicker running game but Heathcote are bigger and probably have better marking / forward options. Both clubs are travelling well and this will be a cracker of a game. Just hope for good weather

LBU would have to like their chances against Elmore with a couple more Elmore players out. Biggest challenge for Elmore in probably 3 years and huge test for LBU.

Dont you love finals time of year....................................................

i reckon colbo will probably knock off heathcote at locky.
is it just me or does it seem everyone is overlooking locky? they are hitting great form at the right time of the year and the buzz around the club is awesome. a good win over the bloods this weekend might get some teams worried...

is it just me or does it seem everyone is overlooking locky? they are hitting great form at the right time of the year and the buzz around the club is awesome. a good win over the bloods this weekend might get some teams worried...

Locky played great footy in the first half on sundy, but looked soft in the second half when mounts went the man a bit more, I think elmore will beat them on norths small ground.

like to see it as much as anyone farva, if a club deserves success it is you blokes , after fighting your way back after rocketgate . The one game I was able to get to this year was against the bloods ( the oldish foe ) and you guys were no where near it . you will have to work really hard on ball . Also on that day you lacked a formidable target up forward , who's going to kick the goals ? :thumbsu:good luck

Heard some news on the coaching position at Broadford over the weekend and it may have some merit too it, as I'm lead to believe that Doona hasn't had any contact about his thoughts on the job for next season.

Last year they were chasing him up in July and August last year trying to get him to sign on the line for this season, but still no contact for next season. Surely the committee couldn't judge him on onfield efforts alone this year. Particularly when 10 players left the club late in the pre-season and left everybody short. the man's had a tough gig this year being a water boy and property steward on training nights, having to try and lure sponsors around town because some people saw no prestige in chasing local sponsors. He also had to undertake all recruiting by himself after a recruitment committee failed to be formed, was the club's media liason and was the sole club official who stayed back at the opposition club rooms after every game this season and was also part time psychologist through the season.

Not bad when all he was employed for was to coach the Broadford Senior 18.

Would be a huge salp in the face if the latest gossip down this way is correct and he was overlooked.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Listen, we're about sick of this crap. As the Phantom has stated, we aren't the first to spend a quid in the quest to try and win a flag. Even Tooborac were doing it in the 70's. If you don't spend the kanga, you don't win and then you get no one following your club. Just for your interest Bond, it looks like we'll operate at a tidy profit this year so we might have a crack at it again next year regardless of the result.:thumbsu:
To tell everybody the truth Heathcote have saved themself alot of Kanga in the later half of the year because they were paying thier former runner with beer and pies, it was costing them over $400 a week, since he has been drop the club is back in the black good move Al

Last year they were chasing him up in July and August last year trying to get him to sign on the line for this season, but still no contact for next season. Surely the committee couldn't judge him on onfield efforts alone this year. Particularly when 10 players left the club late in the pre-season and left everybody short. the man's had a tough gig this year being a water boy and property steward on training nights, having to try and lure sponsors around town because some people saw no prestige in chasing local sponsors. He also had to undertake all recruiting by himself after a recruitment committee failed to be formed, was the club's media liason and was the sole club official who stayed back at the opposition club rooms after every game this season and was also part time psychologist through the season.

if broadford are silly enough not to resign doona, then some of the other HDFL clubs should jump at the chance to get hold of him.
as you outlined above with doona you are certainly getting your moneys worth and the lad knows a thing or two about footy aswell.

if broadford are silly enough not to resign doona, then some of the other HDFL clubs should jump at the chance to get hold of him.
as you outlined above with doona you are certainly getting your moneys worth and the lad knows a thing or two about footy aswell.
Is there a possibilty that Doona2 might be better suited as President and not Coach???

Heard some news on the coaching position at Broadford over the weekend and it may have some merit too it, as I'm lead to believe that Doona hasn't had any contact about his thoughts on the job for next season.

Would be a huge salp in the face if the latest gossip down this way is correct and he was overlooked.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
been sniffing around a bit myselfe SW and what i am told is the push to go back to the riddle will be successfull and the belief is that they will attract more local sponcers with that move, as you would know it does not take a lot of people to get this type of situation happening, as it would only take a few to stop it, its not up to me to say maybe the roo's would be best served in a new league with a new coach, as it sits right now this what is about to happen.

To tell everybody the truth Heathcote have saved themself alot of Kanga in the later half of the year because they were paying thier former runner with beer and pies, it was costing them over $400 a week, since he has been drop the club is back in the black good move Al
Good one d!ckwad. :p You just concentrate on trying to work out how to fix that calcium deficiency you seem to have, and try and do it in the next two weeks!:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Main needs a knee reco

you must have a good source nesko.. a very handsome one at that!:rolleyes:

yeah liam main has torn his acl and will need a reco. happened in the 3rd quarter on sunday. continues the great run of injuries the cats have had over the past 2years. thats 3 acl's now. cal randall,paul crockford,liam main.

you must have a good source nesko.. a very handsome one at that!:rolleyes:

yeah liam main has torn his acl and will need a reco. happened in the 3rd quarter on sunday. continues the great run of injuries the cats have had over the past 2years. thats 3 acl's now. cal randall,paul crockford,liam main.

good to see it hasn't stuck down anyone with talent ;) just kidding with you officer .....Farva .

fact is Locky still do have a very talented list , some who only started playing later in the season , there is a possibility that you lads are hitting your straps !

been sniffing around a bit myselfe SW and what i am told is the push to go back to the riddle will be successfull and the belief is that they will attract more local sponcers with that move, as you would know it does not take a lot of people to get this type of situation happening, as it would only take a few to stop it, its not up to me to say maybe the roo's would be best served in a new league with a new coach, as it sits right now this what is about to happen.

You seem to know a lot there phanto, but pretty sure that there must be a special meeting before any decision can be reached as to the future of the BFNC.

Also just wondering about this comment. I've heard that many businesses around town don't know who the President is and are therefore unprepared to put forward cash sponsorship, when they don;t know who the hierachy of the club are. That's the reason that Doona went out of his way to chase up sponsors.

STOP the presses... Before the BFNC even consider resigning NOLAN, I think the town should nominate him for an Order of Australia medal perhaps even a congressional medal of honour.. He clearly deserves it:thumbsu::D:D

STOP the presses... Before the BFNC even consider resigning NOLAN, I think the town should nominate him for an Order of Australia medal perhaps even a congressional medal of honour.. He clearly deserves it:thumbsu::D:D

PI$$ off and just kick a kick tomorrow old mate, no fumbling 30m out of Colbo's goal or it might be more costly than in last week's 3rd term ;)

I appreciate Wok's concerns as much like myself, he has had family involvement at our great club dating back generations. Nothing wrong with caring for the bigger picture, sometimes it aint about win/losses on a Saturday. Unfortunately we must rid ourselves of factions and get everyone pulling in the one direction as all this $hit doesn't benefit anyone.

Spoke with an executive member last night, assures me nothing sinister going on and once applications are opened, all candidates will get a chance to sell themselves and will be judged accordingly.

On the RDFL thing, there's bound to be discussion's but the big picture is securing the club a future, and that means 3rds footy. It dont matter what comp we play in, coz if we dont field a 3rds side we're dead in the water come 2010. As I said to the HDFL executive mid year, I wouldn't hesitate to encourage the BFNC to explore it's options if 18's aint on the horizon - which Im told isn't, so this one is all about survival.

:eek: Phew ..... now thats outa the way, back to business - Heathcote to advance to the big dance on September 6 by about 5pm tomorrow :thumbsu:

PI$$ off and just kick a kick tomorrow old mate, no fumbling 30m out of Colbo's goal or it might be more costly than in last week's 3rd term ;)

I appreciate Wok's concerns as much like myself, he has had family involvement at our great club dating back generations. Nothing wrong with caring for the bigger picture, sometimes it aint about win/losses on a Saturday. Unfortunately we must rid ourselves of factions and get everyone pulling in the one direction as all this $hit doesn't benefit anyone.

Spoke with an executive member last night, assures me nothing sinister going on and once applications are opened, all candidates will get a chance to sell themselves and will be judged accordingly.

On the RDFL thing, there's bound to be discussion's but the big picture is securing the club a future, and that means 3rds footy. It dont matter what comp we play in, coz if we dont field a 3rds side we're dead in the water come 2010. As I said to the HDFL executive mid year, I wouldn't hesitate to encourage the BFNC to explore it's options if 18's aint on the horizon - which Im told isn't, so this one is all about survival.

:eek: Phew ..... now thats outa the way, back to business - Heathcote to advance to the big dance on September 6 by about 5pm tomorrow :thumbsu:

Arrrrr, I knew that one was coming. I knew you'd have a clear view of it sitting up their with your good mate bluey!!:D Oh and jumping back on now i see.. Get off again. It seemed to work last weekend:cool:

Arrrrr, I knew that one was coming. I knew you'd have a clear view of it sitting up their with your good mate bluey!!:D Oh and jumping back on now i see.. Get off again. It seemed to work last weekend:cool:

I think I explained myself on that one ;) never got off ya's for the flag I was just thrown off the scent momentarily like most with all the talk of injuries in last week's lead up.

Hey Big Ump, Trotty wants to know if you'll be up there tomorrow?

I think I explained myself on that one ;) never got off ya's for the flag I was just thrown off the scent momentarily like most with all the talk of injuries in last week's lead up.

Tell Trotty to ease up, the Ump hasn't been that far on his holidays.:D

I was passing through Heathcote today and my old cricket mate from the hardware said, 2 big name players from Heathcote will not pull the boots on 2morrow because of injury.He would not give me any names but his info is usually spot on.I gave my word i would not put this on Bigfooty but it just got the better of me.

I was passing through Heathcote today and my old cricket mate from the hardware said, 2 big name players from Heathcote will not pull the boots on 2morrow because of injury.He would not give me any names but his info is usually spot on.I gave my word i would not put this on Bigfooty but it just got the better of me.
Think your old cricket mate might be pulling your leg there Singy.:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back