Heathcote DFL part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to get sent off after getting reported - who was it central or boundary/goal ump to report him? He could only get sent off by a central ump.

If he got reported by the central on the spot, the ump must have thought there was something in it - heathcote don't wont to lose a guy like morgan for the granny.

it was a central umpire that made the report, i was of the opinion that if you were reported you were sent off, but not 100% sure.

www.**********************

Lockington Bawawm United has eliminated reigning Premiers Elmore from the Premiership race in stunning fashion at Atkins St, North Bendigo yesterday.
The Cats season hung on a razors edge at three quarter as they trailed by 23 points and the title holders prepared to go in for the kill. What followed was a stunning performance from a side that threw caution to the wind with nothing to lose and led brilliantly by Coach Rick Pritchett attacked and contested every ball like inspired men.
A game that had been fiercely contested on the tight North Bendigo oval suddenly opened as the Cats running power led by super skilled youngsters Hayden Collins and Matthew Bongiovanni and prime mover Wade Pitson swung into top gear. Time and time again they were able to bring the ball down the scoreboard side of the ground as the Bloods lead quickly dissolved as LBU converted a number of opportunists goals including team lifters to leaders Pritchett and Anthony Baker early in the final stanza.
Blair Suffolk who had been rarely sighted earlier in the match became a focal point and added two goals while it was two late goals to super talent Hayden Collins from long range that Cats fans celebrated wildly to cement the Bloods fate. The 10 goal to two final term left the crowd shocked as most contemplated the remainder of the finals series without the Bloods who for much of the season seemed to be major player.
As the match started to take shape the Bloods often through agencies of Ian Kay, Andy Grant, Jarrod Weise, Zac Perez and Travis Fitzpatrick seemed have an edge in general play. The Cats were able to stay in the Bloods shadow with full forward Adam Shawcross making the most of his opportunities working in tandem with Matthew Jackson who is in explosive form for the Cats.
At quarter time it was Elmore 4.5.29 leading LBU 3.3.21
The Cats served notice in the second term that they would take shaking in this contest as the back half led by Grant Sims, Carl Treacy and Steve Mclntyre defender and repelled to great effect. In the midfield Pritchett and Pitson continued to shine and with half opportunities converted through a Brad Mundie snap and Shawcross guided left boot found the Cats in front at the main break by 2 points.
Half Time: LBU 9.5.59 led Elmore 8.7.55
The start of the second half would see a standoff as both sides often intercepted each other with a timely mark or tackle before the Bloods regained the lead through hard working midfielder Jarrod Weise. Before long goals to Marty Cook who wobbled through a set shot and Leon Carter who added his 2nd with a classic front and centre collect to snap truly had the Bloods a buzz and look at their dangerous best. Travis Fitzpatrick who often worked back into defence was particularly effective in this period while Zac Perez provided a dangerous target across half forward although wayward kicking at goal undone much of his good work. Powerful defender Daniel Lucas with smart ball use and determined ruckman Rob Baldock continued to battle hard for the Cats in this dangerous period where the match look likely to slip from their grasp.
Three quarter time: Elmore 12.14.86 led LBU 9.9.63
It became evident that the Cats were in this match for the long haul as they continually worked the ball forward into a crowded attack before the tug of war goals scored by Pritchett and Baker from packs opened the gateway to dominate. It really became party time quite quickly for the Cats as they controlled general play while Ryan Hayes who had gone into the ruck was one the few Bloods still contesting every issue. Come siren time it was Lockington Bawawm United that had become the talking point of the HDFL as people dared to imagine how far the Cats could go on the back of this 23 point victory.
1ST SEMI FINAL: ELMORE v. LOCKINGTON BAMAWM UNITED
Lockington Bamawm Uni 3.3, 9.5, 9.9,19.12 (126)
Elmore 4.5, 8.7,12.14,14.19 (103)
GOALS, LOCKINGTON BAMAWM UNITED :
Matthew Jackson 5, Adam Shawcross 5, Blair Suffolk 2, Rick Pritchett 2,
Hayden Collins 2, Anthony Baker 1, Bradley Mundie 1, Wade Pitson 1
ELMORE :
Ryan Hayes 3, Leon Carter 3, Joseph Cavallo 2, Martin Cook 2, Ian Kay 1,
Jarrod Wiese 1, Cameron Cail 1, Mathew Niven 1
BEST, LOCKINGTON BAMAWM UNITED :
Hayden Collins, Rick Pritchett, Matthew Jackson, Adam Shawcross, Wade
Pitson, Carl Treacy
ELMORE :
Ian Kay, Adam Williams, Jarrod Wiese, Hayden Nielsen, Joseph Cavallo, Tom
Kuhne
Best Players summary:
Hayden Collins- The youngster had been serviceable throughout the first three quarters and then exploded in the last with his run and carry and crisp disposal setting the Cats alight. His two last term goals will be etched in the memory of Cats fans for some time as he converted from the difficult scoreboard flank at Atkins St oval and again soon after as he wrong footed two Elmore opponents before kicking truly. Looks to have all the tricks to take his football a long way in the future a definite player to watch.
http://**********************/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/p1000019.JPG
Rick Pritchett- The Coach played a great leaders game providing a strong body over the contest time after time and composing his side with constructive play which often included kicking short until they found a more attractive option. His goal in the last quarter against the weight of numbers was significant in building the belief amongst his troops that they could seal the deal.
Adam Shawcross & Matthew Jackson- Both booted 5 goals each and ensured the Cats took their chances when pressing forward. Shawcross turned back the clock with some great body work to place himself in pole position while his kicking at goal was on song also. Jackson was electric attacking the ball on a lead with great purpose and his ability to lose an opponent with swift hip movement. His 5 goals provided a large part of the puzzle for the comitted Cats.
ELMORE
Ian Kay- The Bloods pint sized rover flashed in and out the game and when he was able to string possessions together throughout the day it often led to a positive period of play for the Elmore side. Slipped in for a goal and covered a large amount of ground throughout the day.
Jarrod Weise-The dual Harcourt Premiership player kept at the task all day through the midfield for the Bloods winning the football on a regular basis. Kicked a goal and was at his most prominent in the 3rd term when it look like the Bloods may establish a match winning lead.
Hayden Neilsen- Performed a great stopping role on Cats forward star Sam Newth. Neilsen was able to wear the LBU veteran like a glove every time the ball came their way and to keep Newth who has kicked 50 goals for the season without a major

Always helps when running free and not manned up in the last quarter. Had about 15 touches in the last quarter alone and wasnt better than solid for 3 quarters.

So its a 17 year old kids fault that he racked up 15 possies and the other team didnt man up on him? So he should avoid the ball unless there is someone there holding onto his jumper? He kicked and set up a few great goals in that last quarter and showed great poise when the game was in the balance. He would of played all year in the ones but he can still play 3rds.... back to back flags is tempting

it was a central umpire that made the report, i was of the opinion that if you were reported you were sent off, but not 100% sure.

Iim pretty certain we were informed at the meeting with the Bendigo Umpires prior to the season of the new rule concerning this situation.

Any player to be reported is supposed to be sent off and can't be replaced for 30 mins of actual playing - as was the case in our round 4 clash against Elmore when Tayls got reported.

Doubt not being sent off is grounds to mount a case, but it sure did help the Saints cause having Brydan out there in the all important final term. Think he mighta even kicked the sealer from long range.

if H collins doesnt win the rising star... it should be me! nah but seriously..... the kids a freak

Reckon there are a few young blokes with claims also like young Collins - Ash Craig (North); Josh Shaw (H'cote); Tom Kuhne (Elmore) to name a few. Anyone got the full list of nominations?

How about team's of the year, anyone want to have a stab? Meldrum captain/coach for me.

So its a 17 year old kids fault that he racked up 15 possies and the other team didnt man up on him? So he should avoid the ball unless there is someone there holding onto his jumper? He kicked and set up a few great goals in that last quarter and showed great poise when the game was in the balance. He would of played all year in the ones but he can still play 3rds.... back to back flags is tempting

Missing the point. The game isnt too hard when you are being played through and not being picked up. Of course he was damaging in the last quarter. I was stating not a hard game when no physical pressure implied to the contest. We'll see what happens this week. If can do it again and destroy Colbo with 1 sensational quarter I'll agree he may be better than I am giving him credit for

Have also heard today Bluey is finished with Elmore and they may be discussing coaching with Andy Grant. Probably a bit early but hey its only 3 and a bit months and pre season starts again

Did anyone happen to see the stiff left jab delivered to the jaw of McKern in the second quarter on the far wing? One of the best connects i've seen in a while. Macca did a great job taking it. LBU player had his back to the umpire and both he and McKern faced off chesting. Then "BANG". Need to chat to Macca but i reckon it rocked him good and proper.

Reckon there are a few young blokes with claims also like young Collins - Ash Craig (North); Josh Shaw (H'cote); Tom Kuhne (Elmore) to name a few. Anyone got the full list of nominations?

How about team's of the year, anyone want to have a stab? Meldrum captain/coach for me.

Rising Star - Tim Kennedy (Huntly)

As far as I am aware, clubs had to nominate players and there were only 6 nominated. 2 from Huntly, 2 from Mounts and I think the other 2 were from either Broadford or Locky.

Missing the point. The game isnt too hard when you are being played through and not being picked up. Of course he was damaging in the last quarter. I was stating not a hard game when no physical pressure implied to the contest. We'll see what happens this week. If can do it again and destroy Colbo with 1 sensational quarter I'll agree he may be better than I am giving him credit for

I actually think your missing the point. Is it his fault that he wasnt manned up or bad footy by elmore. Read the article from www.********************** (the one posted by farva) it reads "
Hayden Collins- The youngster had been serviceable throughout the first three quarters and then exploded in the last with his run and carry and crisp disposal setting the Cats alight. His two last term goals will be etched in the memory of Cats fans for some time as he converted from the difficult scoreboard flank at Atkins St oval and again soon after as he wrong footed two Elmore opponents before kicking truly (did you actually see that, it looked like pressure to me). Looks to have all the tricks to take his football a long way in the future a definite player to watch." Tom Kuhne was loose for most of that last quarter and while he did get a few kicks he wasnt as damaging.

Doubt not being sent off is grounds to mount a case, but it sure did help the Saints cause having Brydan out there in the all important final term. Think he mighta even kicked the sealer from long range.[/quote]

i was standing right in line when it all happened and didnt believe there was anything in it. wouldnt have called it a head butt certainly doesnt warrant a suspension.

doona, did you see it, if so what are your thoughts

i was standing right in line when it all happened and didnt believe there was anything in it. wouldnt have called it a head butt certainly doesnt warrant a suspension.

doona, did you see it, if so what are your thoughts

Didnt think I saw it initially but then was told what I had seen was it so yeah must agree bugger all in it - actually thought it was good to see some passion come into the contest during the 3rd, young Condon flying the flag, Linton Jacobs standing his ground, nothing wrong with that:thumbsu:

Rising Star - Tim Kennedy (Huntly)

As far as I am aware, clubs had to nominate players and there were only 6 nominated. 2 from Huntly, 2 from Mounts and I think the other 2 were from either Broadford or Locky.
I'll think you would find that Heathcote have nominated Josh Shaw and Damian King. What's the criteria with this thing because I can't work out how Smokey Millard wouldn't have been nominated by our club. Could only assume that he is ineligible.:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think your missing the point. Is it his fault that he wasnt manned up or bad footy by elmore.

I always read Chalky's wrap up and reckon it was near spot on. Just as the last point I raise, who would rather be manned up than run around by themselves for a quarter? Enough said as you are having a crack at Elmore and so am I, as he was allowed to do alot without any pressure. At least he has to contest the ball if someone is running with him. Didnt happen so can you now stop trying to defend the love child?

Great call by the umpire not to send him off. Report him and let the tribunal make the decision on penalty. Imagine the outcry by the Heathcote Football club if he was sent of, Colbo won the game and he was found not guilty by the tribunal. Only thing now is to see how much balls the tribunal has if the umpire goes to the tribunal ans says he saw him head but. Theres a bit a stake (grand final) and tribunals seem to go to water and do what they can to not suspend!!

Obviously the Saints boys are going to play it down, but I don't know if the tribunal members contribute to bigfooty... When is the case to be heard?

I actually think your missing the point. Is it his fault that he wasnt manned up or bad footy by elmore.

I always read Chalky's wrap up and reckon it was near spot on. Just as the last point I raise, who would rather be manned up than run around by themselves for a quarter? Enough said as you are having a crack at Elmore and so am I, as he was allowed to do alot without any pressure. At least he has to contest the ball if someone is running with him. Didnt happen so can you now stop trying to defend the love child?

pretty sure he had an a oppenent in every game he played this year and he was named in the best each time....hmm...:rolleyes:

B]
Doubt not being sent off is grounds to mount a case, but it sure did help the Saints cause having Brydan out there in the all important final term. Think he mighta even kicked the sealer from long range.

doona, did you see it, if so what are your thoughts[/quote][/B]

I saw the incident and it looked like a headbut and Jacobs was bleeding straight after it. Also the person with the best view was the umpire as he was only a metre away and watching the whole thing so he obviously thought there was something in it.

Im all for a bit of passion in the game but headbutting is taking it to far.

I saw the incident and it looked like a headbut and Jacobs was bleeding straight after it. Also the person with the best view was the umpire as he was only a metre away and watching the whole thing so he obviously thought there was something in it.

Im all for a bit of passion in the game but headbutting is taking it to far.

Seeing you've posted it twice and even whacked it up in blue I take it you're saying it was a full blooded head butt Flo Jo? Didn't realise the Wiz left the field under the blood rule?

If that's the case then perhaps I didn't see it afterall :confused:

Seeing you've posted it twice and even whacked it up in blue I take it you're saying it was a full blooded head butt Flo Jo? Didn't realise the Wiz left the field under the blood rule?

If that's the case then perhaps I didn't see it afterall :confused:

Hang on got a bit excited I will get rid of one post

Can someone from Barrack Reserve tell us how me old country week premiership winning team mate Hornet went yesterday?

If there's one bloke I'd love to see in the big one on September 6 it's the Horn. Will he get another run in the two's prelim final to stake his claim or was yesterday it?

Can someone from Barrack Reserve tell us how me old country week premiership winning team mate Hornet went yesterday?

If there's one bloke I'd love to see in the big one on September 6 it's the Horn. Will he get another run in the two's prelim final to stake his claim or was yesterday it?

Plenty of touches,I would say he would have done enough to impress the coach,who was watching.:thumbsu:
Hey Doona, do you think Flo Jo had his classes on.No player came off for the blood rule. Going by Flo Jo's name I WOULD SAY HE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A SQUAT TO HAVE A P#SS:mad:

Plenty of touches,I would say he would have done enough to impress the coach,who was watching.:thumbsu:
Hey Doona, do you think Flo Jo had his classes on.No player came off for the blood rule. Going by Flo Jo's name I WOULD SAY HE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A SQUAT TO HAVE A P#SS:mad:
36 to be exact. Was that a yoga class or maybe a natal class?:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back