Heathcote DFL part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Arab, it's a different ball game now, forget what's happened during the year.The way this year's finals have been going it's anyone's game on Saturday.Best of luck to both sides may the better side win:thumbsu:

By playing together all year in pressure situations you know what your team mate will do. As stated Colbo's backline has been their strength all year and LBU have to kick enough goals against a quality backline. They also have to win the ball from the centre which I think is also a Colbo strength. There is no dominant ruckmen in this game so on ballers and backlines will win the game.

By playing together all year in pressure situations you know what your team mate will do. As stated Colbo's backline has been their strength all year and LBU have to kick enough goals against a quality backline. They also have to win the ball from the centre which I think is also a Colbo strength. There is no dominant ruckmen in this game so on ballers and backlines will win the game.
Baker must play forward. If colbo tagg he should push forward and take the goalsquare give him the whole inside 50 to work with seen this kid as a young bloke at kyneton play forward when he was 18/19 just so powerful off the mark hard to get a good match up for. :thumbsu: colbo have got to get it started in the midfield get on top early. Lbu will be choc full of confidence but remember the old saying your only as good as your last game. The saints will be watching closely but also rubbing their hands together at what makes for one of the best prelim finals in years certain to be a spiteful one. So all you Hdfl fans get out to huntly sat for this entertaining blockbuster.:D:D:D

typical lbu follower wacking yourself off on your own team.as for the question.tell t kelly to take both.hes got newth and would have no trouble with jackson

Ha-Ha, JACKSON? he is a cat! Used to play at Echuca United and did nothing there, if any team worry about what he is doing then they will struggle! I heard he kicked 5 last week? what a joke...does he still wear his cool arm and head bands?

As for Baker and Prichard, yeah quality players from the GVFL, need to watch these players.

And finally, Nick Knight is a gun, ex GVFL player who played around 100 games...to say you won;t have to worry about him is in insult. He is always bagging 5, 6 or 7 from half forward and on the ball. I really hope they put Jackson on him as there will be a new record for possessions as Knight will gather 60 plus!

Head out!

Have they changed the rules?
Have they got a hole new side?
Are they now using a round ball?
Are you a smart man?
No, No, No and deffently NO!!
Mightbe anyone's game because they both start with 0. Colbo already has the points on the board and its their game to lose, not LBU's game to win.

Locky hadn't beaten Elmore before the finals either, so the Bi Gump is right, funny things happen in finals football.

Should be an awesome day for football with hopefully a large crowd in attendance. Good luck to both sides!!

Have they changed the rules?
Have they got a hole new side?
Are they now using a round ball?
Are you a smart man?
No, No, No and deffently NO!!
Mightbe anyone's game because they both start with 0. Colbo already has the points on the board and its their game to lose, not LBU's game to win.

bond,you are an idiot.

if it is colbos game to lose,and not lbu's game to win then who will win?? is there a 3rd team playing we havent been informed about? that would make it a totally different ball game!!:confused::eek:

Ha-Ha, JACKSON? he is a cat! Used to play at Echuca United and did nothing there, if any team worry about what he is doing then they will struggle! I heard he kicked 5 last week? what a joke...does he still wear his cool arm and head bands?

As for Baker and Prichard, yeah quality players from the GVFL, need to watch these players.

And finally, Nick Knight is a gun, ex GVFL player who played around 100 games...to say you won;t have to worry about him is in insult. He is always bagging 5, 6 or 7 from half forward and on the ball. I really hope they put Jackson on him as there will be a new record for possessions as Knight will gather 60 plus!

Head out!

he doesnt wear a headband or armbands anymore... although he does have quite a snazzy little scarf he wears when its just a touch chilly outside..:D
seriously tho,he has been kicking multiple goals nearly every week, and like knight if he isnt given respect he will do some damage.

he doesnt wear a headband or armbands anymore... although he does have quite a snazzy little scarf he wears when its just a touch chilly outside..:D
seriously tho,he has been kicking multiple goals nearly every week, and like knight if he isnt given respect he will do some damage.

Yuk...

Damage? phh I would like to see that! Not even close to Knights class...

i know its finals boys and its gonna be a crackerjack 2 weeks but...
what are the thoughts on broady packing there bags and moving to the riddell league?
doonz, is it merely because of the thirds situation, or something bigger?

i know its finals boys and its gonna be a crackerjack 2 weeks but...
what are the thoughts on broady packing there bags and moving to the riddell league?doonz, is it merely because of the thirds situation, or something bigger?

Judging by a lot of the banter since we got this thread going most northern club's are probabaly saying "let em go" - but for me it aint that cut and dry. We've worked pretty hard of late to sell ourselves to the point where I think (or hope) some of the old Broady haters are coming around and maybe think we are ok :eek:

We have an info night this week, then I guess it will be voted on at the AGM. I personally have concerns about our club's future should we not have a 3rds again next year, but thats just me - to be honest lads I'll vote for whatever secures us just that (a future). Doubt there's anything bigger other than the 3rds thing - sure the travel is less, but the netball aint as great and the football comp aint as even as ours either. Some RDFL towns will be twice their size in a decade or so where as all our clubs and their demographics wont alter much.

Their will be plenty of info to digest in the next few weeks, to be honest I couldn't say what will happen as I'm one in over 100 odd members, plus life members - and besides, phantom and a few others have pointed out recently I might be overlooked which is why I'm watching this one from afar..

Judging by a lot of the banter since we got this thread going most northern club's are probabaly saying "let em go" - but for me it aint that cut and dry. We've worked pretty hard of late to sell ourselves to the point where I think (or hope) some of the old Broady haters are coming around and maybe think we are ok :eek:

We have an info night this week, then I guess it will be voted on at the AGM. I personally have concerns about our club's future should we not have a 3rds again next year, but thats just me - to be honest lads I'll vote for whatever secures us just that (a future). Doubt there's anything bigger other than the 3rds thing - sure the travel is less, but the netball aint as great and the football comp aint as even as ours either. Some RDFL towns will be twice their size in a decade or so where as all our clubs and their demographics wont alter much.

Their will be plenty of info to digest in the next few weeks, to be honest I couldn't say what will happen as I'm one in over 100 odd members, plus life members - and besides, phantom and a few others have pointed out recently I might be overlooked which is why I'm watching this one from afar..

What does everyone out think about the league going to under 18's. :confused:

typical lbu follower wacking yourself off on your own team.as for the question.tell t kelly to take both.hes got newth and would have no trouble with jackson

Hey Mudda , I have to take a certain amount of ressentment to your very general comment "typical lbu follower" . I consider myself a follower having played my jnrs there and having a fair amount of family at the club .

However you are right about T Kelly is a good defender and has kept newth quiet on a number of occasions but I think he might have trouble keeping up with sniffer (jackson) . Sniffer along with bazar fashion sense has some fast twitch fibre's .Futhermore Newth who happens to be a fashionista of sorts , could be a part time model , or a air hostess in the sixties . Doesn't like to be beaten , and has been itching for another chance to redeem himself againt colbo .

Should be a cracker of a day though and good luck to the boys , last time the two teams met on the huntly deck , Locky were triumphant and a sprightly Small Mc got the best on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is it required ? a lot of kids would be off to Uni by the time they reach the top age , clubs like Elmore, Locky, Colbo . who suprisingly don't have there own universities would stuggle

Colbinabbin 5.1 8.4 11.6 13.6 (84) v» Lockington Bamawm United 4.3 5.5 5.5 6.5 (41) Trickey's Diesel Oval-Huntly 2.15pm
space.gif

Goals Colbinabbin Not recorded Lockington Bamawm United Not recorded Best Colbinabbin Not recorded Lockington Bamawm United Not recorded
space.gif

Game Report:

< ROUNDS

Colbinabbin 5.1 8.4 11.6 13.6 (84) v» Lockington Bamawm United 4.3 5.5 5.5 6.5 (41) Trickey's Diesel Oval-Huntly 2.15pm
space.gif

Goals Colbinabbin Not recorded Lockington Bamawm United Not recorded Best Colbinabbin Not recorded Lockington Bamawm United Not recorded
space.gif

Game Report:

< ROUNDS

Colbo Best Players : Johnstone, OBrien, L Hill, T Kelly, S Hill, L Jacobs

Travis Kelly did a number on Sam Newth again. Cheesel Johnstone everywhere in the first half half. Sam Hill looked good and kicked 4 but applied more pressure from tackling and chasing than he has all year

I though Baker and the Sims boys battled hard for LBU but struggled when Colbo started running and breaking the lines by kicking over them.

Colbo Backline held everything together for about a quarter and the good thing was some of the better players didnt figure in much of the action and it was a pretty even team game

Miller( coach) knocked out 2nd quarter but is fine and has been given the all clear

Not the worst way to fill in a Sunday fella's, amazingly close Sam Chealtey count, congrats to Benny Johnston on his win :thumbsu: 17 players ended up in double figure, which again shows how even things have been in 2008.

Cheatley Medal
20 - Ben Johnston (Colbo)
19 - Lech Featherstone (H'cote)
18 - Brian Westley (Elmore)
16 - Anthony Baker (LBU)
15 - Brydan Morgan (H'cote)
14 - Nick Knight (Colbo)
14 - Steve Clohesy (Huntly)

1st's Goalkicking - Sam Hill (Colbo)
Rising Star - Hayden Collins (LBU)

Public Vote
27 - Anthony Baker (LBU)
24 - Brydan Morgan (H'cote)
24 - Tim Kennedy (Huntly)
20 - Matt Sawyer (WH)
17 - Andy Grant (Elmore)

Morgan Medal
1st - Hayden Hamilton (Huntly)
R/up - Kane Gould (Colbo)
R/Up - Damian Jacques (H'cote)

2nd's Goalkicking - Kane Tatt (Mounts)

Roulston Medal
1st - Jake Condon (H'cote) & Hayden Wright (WH)
R/up - Harry Weppner (Colbo)

3rds Goalkicking - Carl O'Brien (LBU)

Syd Wickham Cup (combined footy/netball) - White Hills

HDFL chief Keith Robertson was awarded a life membership, and I know it's a footy forum lads but well done also to the following netball award winners. . . . .

A-gde:- S. Davies (H'cote)
A-res:- B. Bentley (WH)
B-gde:- J. Kelly (Huntly)
C-gde:- M. Hocking (Huntly)
D-gde:- A. Dorrington (Mounts)

Nell McTaggart goalthrowing award - Broadford

Missing the point. The game isnt too hard when you are being played through and not being picked up. Of course he was damaging in the last quarter. I was stating not a hard game when no physical pressure implied to the contest. We'll see what happens this week. If can do it again and destroy Colbo with 1 sensational quarter I'll agree he may be better than I am giving him credit for

H collins wins rising star....where does he apply for credit?

Comment was based on the game and he played on Cheesel Johnstone who was BOG. In debit not credit.

No one said that Collins wasn't a good player. Will be a very good player once he gets a bit bigger and has played a few more games. Great day for footy on the weekend, p*ssing rain for 4 quarters. Jackson, Newth, Knight, and a few others didn't do much due to the conditions. Even Locky blokes would have to concede that losing by 7 goals is still a fairly large margin in the conditions. Baker excellent for Locky in the first half. Johnstone and Jacobs good for Colbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back