Heathcote DFL part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone happen to see the stiff left jab delivered to the jaw of McKern in the second quarter on the far wing? One of the best connects i've seen in a while. Macca did a great job taking it. LBU player had his back to the umpire and both he and McKern faced off chesting. Then "BANG". Need to chat to Macca but i reckon it rocked him good and proper.

I did happen to catch that one. What a pearler! Baker was the LBU fella responsible and I'd agree it certainly looked to rock McKern. Mckern followed it up ( although considerably delayed) but it didn't quite find its mark.
3 minutes later Macca was at it again and swifly landed one on Pritchett's chops. He then made the long trek to the bench and wasn't sighted until the start of the last.

Plenty of touches,I would say he would have done enough to impress the coach,who was watching.:thumbsu:
Hey Doona, do you think Flo Jo had his classes on.No player came off for the blood rule. Going by Flo Jo's name I WOULD SAY HE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A SQUAT TO HAVE A P#SS:mad:
There was a player sent off for the blood rule. Straight after a Heathcote goal. The stupid umpire was about to bounce the ball before the player was replaced. Maybe you need to pay more attention at you "understand whats happening before me" classes.

There was a player sent off for the blood rule. Straight after a Heathcote goal. The stupid umpire was about to bounce the ball before the player was replaced. Maybe you need to pay more attention at you "understand whats happening before me" classes.
Fair delay then,turned out they were good umpire's Boof Head:D

Fair delay then,turned out they were good umpire's Boof Head:D
Didnt say they were bad umpires.
When the ball was returned to the central umpire after the goal, the central umpire with the ball in his hands sent the Colbo player off with the blood rule. He then proceeded to turn around and begin taking steps in the act of bouncing the ball. Im fairly sure he was then pulled up by the Colbo players to wait untill the player was replaced. That would make the umpire "stupid" to me.
"turned out they were good umpires", whats you meaning behind this statement??

Can someone from Barrack Reserve tell us how me old country week premiership winning team mate Hornet went yesterday?

If there's one bloke I'd love to see in the big one on September 6 it's the Horn. Will he get another run in the two's prelim final to stake his claim or was yesterday it?

i thought millard wasnt available again this year, but was told this morning that he and horn are both available to play the grand final

Didnt say they were bad umpires.
When the ball was returned to the central umpire after the goal, the central umpire with the ball in his hands sent the Colbo player off with the blood rule. He then proceeded to turn around and begin taking steps in the act of bouncing the ball. Im fairly sure he was then pulled up by the Colbo players to wait untill the player was replaced. That would make the umpire "stupid" to me.
"turned out they were good umpires", whats you meaning behind this statement??
I should have explained myself better, one umpire was good he did not go to the tribunal and tell PORKY'S like some:thumbsu:

Poor form by Heathcote. Starting to sing the song before they got into their rooms. Maybe they didnt think they were pushed enough by Colbo and wanted to give Colbo more incentive if they make the GF.

Poor form by Heathcote. Starting to sing the song before they got into their rooms. Maybe they didnt think they were pushed enough by Colbo and wanted to give Colbo more incentive if they make the GF.

You are a fool mate. Who thinks of these things after they have just won a massive match against quality opposition to book a week off and a trip to the grand final?

Footy is a passionate game and if you don't like it, don't watch.

Good on the Saints for winning, I know they have a fair few sore players so the week off will do them the world of good.

can not totaly agree with you on this, lets face it what is the first thing you here at the end of an afl game, but on the other hand there are junior leagues that do ban the singing of the song prior to the players getting to the change rooms, i beleive this is done so that adults dont take it the wrong way and cause an incident, hope you are not the type to feel like that on hearing the winning team sing.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the song didn't start until the final member of the 22 got inside, the lads were excited (and good on em) and all they did was kick things off with an almighty oooooooooooooooooooooh ooooooooooooooooooooooh ooooooooooooooooooooooh before following up with . . . . when the saints etc etc

1. matt_nicholls your a fool!
2. AFL teams dont sing the song until they are deep into their rooms.
3. dosent matter how you want to put it Doona2, they did start before the got inside thier rooms.
4. might be a different story from Doona2 if he was coach.
It was a Semi Final and not a Grand Final so one would think that the Heathcote Football club may have been smarter than giving another reason to a possible opponent in the G.F. reason to beat them. Im sure both teams have trained quite hard all year and an advantage in the mental side of things may give one an advantage. It was poor form and may come back to bite them on the arse.
If Colbo are good enough to make the G.F. I'll be reminding them!
Hope they do as it will be good to stick it up the $$ team.

Pretty sure the song didn't start until the final member of the 22 got inside, the lads were excited (and good on em) and all they did was kick things off with an almighty oooooooooooooooooooooh ooooooooooooooooooooooh ooooooooooooooooooooooh before following up with . . . . when the saints etc etc

Y do we keep replying to a bird brain like bond,Doona:D

3. dosent matter how you want to put it Doona2, they did start before the got inside thier rooms.
It was a Semi Final and not a Grand Final so one would think that the Heathcote Football club may have been smarter than giving another reason to a possible opponent in the G.F. reason to beat them. Im sure both teams have trained quite hard all year and an advantage in the mental side of things may give one an advantage. It was poor form and may come back to bite them on the arse.

You sound like a sore looser mate. Complaining about a song getting sung. Oh, shock horror!! What next, your upset becuase the sun was too bright? Next topic......

You sound like a sore looser mate. Complaining about a song getting sung. Oh, shock horror!! What next, your upset becuase the sun was too bright? Next topic......
Yeah, could have been that the grass was too green as well. :D I think everytime we have won a game this year the first boys into the rooms start off with the oooooooooooooooh until all 22 are present. Something they've done from the start of the year, also last year and more than likely the year before that. Bad form Bond trying to try and get everyone against Heathcote already.:thumbsdown:

Got a couple of questions for you with regards to Elmore.

Elmore have spent over quarter of a million dollars in the last three years ($100,000 each year) In these three years they won one premiership (which is what it is all about). But in doing this they have lost the back bone of their club with a lot of their better twos who play for the club for nothing clearing out last year (allegedley because of what some players were being paid) they massively struggled for numbers in the twos all year.

Question 1. Was this all worth it for a premiership and will this have any hangover effect?

Question 2. Do all players that now go to elmore expect a sign on fee and good coin?

Bloodhound if you still read this forum would be interested to hear from you.

What a poor post. Heathcote have got a lot of respect for Colbinabbin as they are a quality football side. Dont know what your trying to pull hear but its bordering on ridiculous. As for singing the song before they got into the rooms as stated by a few on here might start the "ooooohhh" as they pass through the enterance (behind the doors) and wait for the entire 22 but thats as far as it went. Poor form Bond :thumbsdown:

go and find something to do instead of posting crap like that on here

Got a couple of questions for you with regards to Elmore.

Elmore have spent over quarter of a million dollars in the last three years ($100,000 each year) In these three years they won one premiership (which is what it is all about). But in doing this they have lost the back bone of their club with a lot of their better twos who play for the club for nothing clearing out last year (allegedley because of what some players were being paid) they massively struggled for numbers in the twos all year.

Question 1. Was this all worth it for a premiership and will this have any hangover effect?

Question 2. Do all players that now go to elmore expect a sign on fee and good coin?

Bloodhound if you still read this forum would be interested to hear from you.

I think it will have an impact on the club as they may find it hard to find a coach (if Bluey has gone, why would you want to coach a club that offers a tiny budget and you dont have the local players to support you), the players to fill a reserve side and the ones that played this year, will they play on for a pay cut?

Well said boy's on !!! Bond!!!

Here's one for you RWB our old mate trotty was coming out of Gaffney's shaking his head on he's way up to Locky on Saturday i was told he paid $4.50 for a apple slice.He run into Segga at Locky and told him,Segga said christ trotty i would have gave you a Apple slice trotty walked away with tears going down his face knowing he was $4.50 down the drain:D

I think it will have an impact on the club as they may find it hard to find a coach (if Bluey has gone, why would you want to coach a club that offers a tiny budget and you dont have the local players to support you), the players to fill a reserve side and the ones that played this year, will they play on for a pay cut?

Agree with a few points about local players to support the club. You need to have a few players who can step up throughout the year and I dont think Elmore had that this year. The point about the budget wont be an issue as Elmore are a club that ALWAYS has coin. May be happy to be competitve for a few years and not have the pressure of finding as much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back