Heathcote DFL part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about just umpiring the game, telling blokes you'll put them in the book if they keep back chatting or give them a 50m penalty at the very least and, if you want to explain a reason why you adjudicated a decision...do it, otherwise shut the f#$k up. Umpires are not the centre of attention, it's the players and it's a damn shame that it has got to the situation where some think that they are bigger than the game of footy itself. :mad: By the way, the Umps we had last weekend didnt do a bad job at all, probably because they had played a fair bit of footy in their time.
Rochy and Ech umps id say did that one, do you notice much of a difference b/w the 2 different umpiring bodys,? certain Bendigo will be doing most of the finals again this year, and ill take your advice on board and get on with the game, the men on the tv are not exactly inspiring me to greater heights, may as well be a game of netball the way they umpire.

I see Mick Dobson played for locky today. Massive inclusion for them. Their on ball brigade is surely now the equal, if not superior to any in the league. Did anyone go to that game today? How did he go and must have been a massive effort for lbu to knock off elmore at home,

No doubt about it, we are actually as good as colbo the umps just have something against us cant work it out.

Was at the Colbo/Mounts game yesterday. Not one to make comment on umpires but the umpiring by a supposed experienced BFL umpire and his tubby mate was amusing and disgraceful at times. At one stage both umpires had made 2 seperate decisions, not communicating with each other. All players had stopped listening to one umpire and then the other screaming out play on. And away play went again. Double 50 metre penalties, 50's paid for the most minute contact after a mark taken. Can understand young umpires being a bit inconsistent, they can learn as they develop, but when a bloke that has supposedly umpired 400 senior games is making these poor decisions???? Not too sure he's gonna get any better. I will also make comment that the decisions did not favour either team, it was just unpredictable umpiring. No one knew what they were gonna call next. It is an emotional game, played by men. Some scope needs to be given for minor questioning and contact. As mentioned in earlier posts, umpires that have played the game understand this and seem to let this go, thus letting the game flow. Last 2 weeks in the 2's we've had club people umpire and the standard has been far greater than those putting their hand out for $$$ to do it.

I see Mick Dobson played for locky today. Massive inclusion for them. Their on ball brigade is surely now the equal, if not superior to any in the league. Did anyone go to that game today? How did he go and must have been a massive effort for lbu to knock off elmore at home,

Its equal to other teams but who is rucking at present as I reckon Elmore and Heathcote have complete on ballers as they both have ruckmen.
Didnt get to the game bit was told Dohnt was the difference in the 2 teams and BOG.

I thought the same thing ump. Shit game at North Saturday. Scrappy fight. Played like it was pissing down rain. Umpires were the worst i'v seen in a while, booking a player for attempted striking! You either strike or you dont i thought! Weeks is a gun but kicked bad. Should of kicked 10+

That ump never to umpire 1's again apparently!!!!!

Its equal to other teams but who is rucking at present as I reckon Elmore and Heathcote have complete on ballers as they both have ruckmen.
Didnt get to the game bit was told Dohnt was the difference in the 2 teams and BOG.
I wouldnt consider the Elmore and H'cote ruckman dominant so not a real concern you wouldnt think, not as influential in there roles as say Trevor Douglas, so would imagine locky will combat that,Colbo sure have.

I wouldnt consider the Elmore and H'cote ruckman dominant so not a real concern you wouldnt think, not as influential in there roles as say Trevor Douglas, so would imagine locky will combat that,Colbo sure have.

Look out for clearances this week boys.

D Slater to Colbo from Gisborne.

Was at the Colbo/Mounts game yesterday. Not one to make comment on umpires but the umpiring by a supposed experienced BFL umpire and his tubby mate was amusing and disgraceful at times. At one stage both umpires had made 2 seperate decisions, not communicating with each other. All players had stopped listening to one umpire and then the other screaming out play on. And away play went again. Double 50 metre penalties, 50's paid for the most minute contact after a mark taken. Can understand young umpires being a bit inconsistent, they can learn as they develop, but when a bloke that has supposedly umpired 400 senior games is making these poor decisions???? Not too sure he's gonna get any better. I will also make comment that the decisions did not favour either team, it was just unpredictable umpiring. No one knew what they were gonna call next. It is an emotional game, played by men. Some scope needs to be given for minor questioning and contact. As mentioned in earlier posts, umpires that have played the game understand this and seem to let this go, thus letting the game flow. Last 2 weeks in the 2's we've had club people umpire and the standard has been far greater than those putting their hand out for $$$ to do it.
Unfortunately the better umps will get appointed to their own league first,(inc juniors) therefore essentially you are getting the scraps, majority to fat and too slow, or young and inexpeirienced, as far as the minor contact i think we can blame the AFL rules commitee, 99% of rules do filter down to VCFL, dont try and tell me u dont see it on T.V. Get rid of hands in the back rule, prior oppurtunity is to stringent players now exploit it by holding the ball in against opponents, love to see those rules gone next year personally think they have failed miserably, well down A.F.L, keep screwing up a great game.

Heard a rumour over the weekend that one A. James had his number taken by the umpires early on in the match against Huntly on Saturday only for the umpire(s) to change their mind by half time and tear up the report. Anybody shed any more light on what went on?

Heard a rumour over the weekend that one A. James had his number taken by the umpires early on in the match against Huntly on Saturday only for the umpire(s) to change their mind by half time and tear up the report. Anybody shed any more light on what went on?

Common sense to change their mind if they beieve there was not much in it.

How many goals did the big fella snag??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard that there might be an investigation coming out of that game involving a spectator, a huntly trainer and the Big Fella.....make of that what you will.:eek:

Heard that there might be an investigation coming out of that game involving a spectator, a huntly trainer and the Big Fella.....make of that what you will.:eek:
Maybe the investigation is to see if his hand is ok, must have been sore not to shake any colbo players hands the week prior, but of coarse his in it for the team success.

Yep it could b a interesting week for the Big Fella,i heard he layed a hand on the Huntlys trainer when he come out to see how Longy was after the Big Fella's close attention to Longy
Roota,he kicked 11goals 9,they tell me he could have kicked 15+ if not for he's bad kicking

come on now there was nothing in it the poor bloke cant fart with out someone saying thats a bit loud same with the umps they want to be the one to say look i reported james might get my name in the herald for this

Yep it could b a interesting week for the Big Fella,i heard he layed a hand on the Huntlys trainer when he come out to see how Longy was after the Big Fella's close attention to Longy
Roota,he kicked 11goals 9,they tell me he could have kicked 15+ if not for he's bad kicking

Bloody hell, I have not had that many kicks in the last year let alone shots at goal in one game.

How many he got for the year

come on now there was nothing in it the poor bloke cant fart with out someone saying thats a bit loud same with the umps they want to be the one to say look i reported james might get my name in the herald for this
I'm not referring to the big fella's report but rather what the spectator was up to........;)

Yeah, we have a competition going 1,000 first 1 to have him suspended, and who wouldn't aspire to have their name in the ''Collingwood Times'', whoops i mean Herald Sun, very respectable journal it is, good formguide, rest is rubbbish.

Saw the whole thing. The huntly runner pushed James when he was having a push and shove with longy. An unknown spectator was at the fence and grabbed the trainer and thats all it was. James had nothing to do with it. And for the record, the big fella kicked 12 because i counted every single goal. Paper was wrong. James has nothing to answer to, just people talking rubbish again. Nobody hardly saw it, it was that trivial and quick

Yeah, we have a competition going 1,000 first 1 to have him suspended, and who wouldn't aspire to have their name in the ''Collingwood Times'', whoops i mean Herald Sun, very respectable journal it is, good formguide, rest is rubbbish.

Id love to see the poor bloke that pushes him too far.... Because once he goes off, he knows he is gone so god help the idiots that try to get him off the field! Other clubs should think about that. He would take ten with him!:D:D:D

Id love to see the poor bloke that pushes him too far.... Because once he goes off, he knows he is gone so god help the idiots that try to get him off the field! Other clubs should think about that. He would take ten with him!:D:D:D

I think i know a way, i was watching a program on tv called the ZOO yes the Zoo they used a gun with a dart to bring down a lion we could use the same idea, only thing is getting a strecher his size and getting him off in a harry before he wakes up:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back