Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broadford boys were in fine form yesdy calling into the Tooby for a couple on the way home, after the HDFL day, all rated it a hit, with $1.50 pots to cap it off. Still see that super coach Nolan managed to log on late last night for an evening post, dont think Broadford Stalwart trottyboya would of been able to do the same as he was in match winning form.

Was a success for those that went, unfortunately your beloved saints were weak as PI$$ along with LBU in not having a presence at all. 2-3 from Huntly, same from Colbo with all other clubs represented ok. Think I counted 61-62 which was disappointing, but in saying that everyone there appreciated the effort that went in and enjoyed what was a ripping afternoon :thumbsu:

Full credit must go to HDFL publicity officer Troy Auld who came up with the concept, ran really well, and i just hope for the league he doesn't sack it for next year, or more importantly Troy dont give up his role with the HDFL after today as he has a passion for it that obviously 3-4 clubs will now never fully understand :mad:.

Was plenty of variety with match reviews from yesterday, a netball wrap-up and some interesting topics, quizzes, $1.50 pots - also a good chat with Huntly committeeman Brian Speechley who was as open an honest as he could be about the Hawks' future. Think it as Noony from North who spoke well and was also good to listen to Macrus Mckern, Matty Sawyer, Mick Simpson and Timmy O'Brien who dropped the magic once or twice.

No showing from the old 93.5fm lads, Benny Jones, Cogho c'mon boys????

Again thanks to Troy and the HDFL, pity a few other mobs didn't back you :thumbsdown:
Doona, totally agree with you, should have been more support from our club in particular but we did have the bye and I dare say a few blokes did or would have taken off for the week end. I took the opportunity to do a little OT to make the extra dividends. Troy Auld does a great job and never let it be said any different.

Doona can you please thank the Broady people who supplied us with sanga's after the match, it was great.

It was disapointing from the LBU for the footy show, I was selling tickets and had no real interest and the ones I did con into it pulled out on sunday mourning.

There are a few congratulations, Sam Newth who plays his 200th this week (home game, conspiricy continues) and to Grant "Fabio" Sims and Naomi who got engaged on saturday night!

Doona can you please thank the Broady people who supplied us with sanga's after the match, it was great.

It was disapointing from the LBU for the footy show, I was selling tickets and had no real interest and the ones I did con into it pulled out on sunday mourning.

There are a few congratulations, Sam Newth who plays his 200th this week (home game, conspiricy continues) and to Grant "Fabio" Sims and Naomi who got engaged on saturday night!

All part of the service mate :thumbsu: hope that means that after all the nonsense of 3-4 years back we're not so bad in the LBU eyes afterall and now it's known we av a lot of quality people down this way :).

Had a quick chat to sammy which was great after the match and big Charlie was still at our rooms when I snuck off about 8pm so Im hoping to hear tomorrow night we got him signed for '08 ;)

All part of the service mate :thumbsu: hope that means that after all the nonsense of 3-4 years back we're not so bad in the LBU eyes afterall and now it's known we av a lot of quality people down this way :).

Had a quick chat to sammy which was great after the match and big Charlie was still at our rooms when I snuck off about 8pm so Im hoping to hear tomorrow night we got him signed for '08 ;)

Unfortunatly I couldnt stick round for that as my ride to Bendigo left straight after the 1s. Was talking to Simo though and he said you have something like 60 players and he missed out this week due to rotations? If thats the case Broady will play a big part in finals in the next few years!

I reckon Broady moved the ball as quick and clean as I've seen all year, they're a bloody good outfit. Who got your awards Doon? Dipper was good all day as was Tayls and Bl was soild all day.

Unfortunatly I couldnt stick round for that as my ride to Bendigo left straight after the 1s. Was talking to Simo though and he said you have something like 60 players and he missed out this week due to rotations? If thats the case Broady will play a big part in finals in the next few years!

I reckon Broady moved the ball as quick and clean as I've seen all year, they're a bloody good outfit. Who got your awards Doon? Dipper was good all day as was Tayls and Bl was soild all day.

Yeah young Nath was one of only 4-5 guys who hadn't missed at least one game out of our 58 lads before Satdy, he went to the Deb Ball Friday night so I think he agreed with Glenny the 2s coach to make it his game to miss. Would be nearly leading the 2s voting IMO has been really consistent this year.

Awards were BL, Sammy Taylor who did well on Charlie, Tayls for his 8 goals, Wearney, Duggan and Webby for both his efforts and his 18th last Monday.

Broadford boys were in fine form yesdy calling into the Tooby for a couple on the way home, after the HDFL day, all rated it a hit, with $1.50 pots to cap it off. Still see that super coach Nolan managed to log on late last night for an evening post, dont think Broadford Stalwart trottyboya would of been able to do the same as he was in match winning form.

Trottyboya was in rare touch indeed, did anyone noticed he actually nodded off when on the panel onstage yesterday. Think the young boys Webby, Drewie, Tizza and Grant Hibbert cleaned him up big time as he hasn't reported for duty today.

Little birdie tells me that yesterday's organiser Chalky Auld mighta got cleaned up himself after kicking on with the Elmore lads - hows the head mate :D.

Sorry Emu,

Forgot to mention it was from your old coaching days and the B in law was the shorter one with some sevens in his phone number?

Fantom:thumbsu:

STOP THE TEXT MESSAGES, I HAVE DONE IT

Mate, I have no idea who you are, and no idea what contacting a brother in law means, or someone with 7's in their phone number or what you are on about sorry. I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

My own brother in law isn't involved in local football at all.

Was a success for those that went, unfortunately your beloved saints were weak as PI$$ along with LBU in not having a presence at all. 2-3 from Huntly, same from Colbo with all other clubs represented ok. Think I counted 61-62 which was disappointing, but in saying that everyone there appreciated the effort that went in and enjoyed what was a ripping afternoon :thumbsu:

Full credit must go to HDFL publicity officer Troy Auld who came up with the concept, ran really well, and i just hope for the league he doesn't sack it for next year, or more importantly Troy dont give up his role with the HDFL after today as he has a passion for it that obviously 3-4 clubs will now never fully understand :mad:.

Was plenty of variety with match reviews from yesterday, a netball wrap-up and some interesting topics, quizzes, $1.50 pots - also a good chat with Huntly committeeman Brian Speechley who was as open an honest as he could be about the Hawks' future. Think it as Noony from North who spoke well and was also good to listen to Macrus Mckern, Matty Sawyer, Mick Simpson and Timmy O'Brien who dropped the magic once or twice.

No showing from the old 93.5fm lads, Benny Jones, Cogho c'mon boys????

Again thanks to Troy and the HDFL, pity a few other mobs didn't back you :thumbsdown:

DOON, I think you'll find if the Heathcote boys hadn't had the bye they would have been there with bells on. As it was 15+ boys (many of who are bf posters) came to melbourne to have a few beers for luke carroll's 25th. BIG UMP and RWB were true to current form however..:D

DOON, I think you'll find if the Heathcote boys hadn't had the bye they would have been there with bells on. As it was 15+ boys (many of who are bf posters) came to melbourne to have a few beers for luke carroll's 25th. BIG UMP and RWB were true to current form however..:D
Streaker, as the signature says just keeping the country safe and keep on catching the rabbits and sending them our way:D:D:D Didn't even know it was Lukey's birthday. How is the pin coming on with the young fella?

Wasn't just for footballers - committee, netballers were all represented and catered for also. Just find it a shame that so much work went into the day, the clubs voted to support the concept yet some didnt front.

sorry that i didnt make it boys to the footy show. was talking to sammy on saturday night and we both decided that it was pretty un organised on our behalf that we didnt get a carload from locky down to the footyshow. its seems that some locky people got the wrong idea and didnt realise that it was a real fair dinkum thing and that our precense was expected. i know that if we had of got the monday off work we would of been there for sure.

Wasn't just for footballers - committee, netballers were all represented and catered for also. Just find it a shame that so much work went into the day, the clubs voted to support the concept yet some didnt front.

Donna
Should have gone to the Footy Show 5 people turned up for the AGM. Not one cricketer attendered.Very disappointing,staying in the SDCA.
Sorry to say this GO H/COTE on Saturday:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone prepared to begin to name a tea of the year. With only 3 rounds to go surely the side would be starting to take shape. Ben McCeary, Cam Carter and Trev Douglas would pick themselves from my mob with possibly a few others such as Cam Ross. I would be interested in the thoughts of you guys and possibly a few sides named

Anyone prepared to begin to name a tea of the year. With only 3 rounds to go surely the side would be starting to take shape. Ben McCeary, Cam Carter and Trev Douglas would pick themselves from my mob with possibly a few others such as Cam Ross. I would be interested in the thoughts of you guys and possibly a few sides named

Maybe each club can throw a few names in. I'll throw Grant Wearne (ruck/chb), Dipper Wilson (wing), Dunney (onball), Rowey (centre), Sean Duggan (b/pocket) and obviously Tayls (fwd) as a handful of names from B'ford :thumbsu:

agree roota 3 obvious Mts ones for my squad along with andy grant, ryan hayes, schubert (elmore), watson, thorsen (nth), meldrum, travaglia, carroll (h'cte), lock, millar, jacobs, hill (colbo), bart, spicka, jimmy angove (w/hills), newth (lbu) - need more time to think but there ya go boys the ball is rolling.

ahh, why wasnt i informed about luke carrol's 25th? and more importantly, the $1.50 pots at warehouse on Sunday.

Now please dont shoot me down too much for this side as i know alot of players are out of position but i reckon this would be a pretty handy side:

Backs: Travaglia (h/cote) Schubert (elmore) Pinniger (colbo)

H/Backs: Mcleary (mounts) Sawyer (W/Hills) Brown (colbo)

Centres: Thorsen (north) Grant (elmore) Wilson (broady)

H/Forwards: Dunne (broady) Meldrum (h/cote) Hill (colbo)

Forwards: Taylor (broady) Hayes (elmore) Jacobs (colbo)

Rucks: Douglas (mounts) Carter (mounts) Lock (colbo)

Inter (from) Newth (locky) C.Cail (elmore) Carroll (h/cote)
Wearne (broady) Watson (north) Angove (w/hills)

Just off the top of my head sorry if i've upset anyone

Look we all should come to terms with ourselves that the Hcote seniors has lost their shit n are no contenders for finals. They're better off sitting on the sidelines, sinking a few beers and supporting the netballers that are going somewhere this season. what ya reckon fellas?

Now please dont shoot me down too much for this side as i know alot of players are out of position but i reckon this would be a pretty handy side:

Backs: Travaglia (h/cote) Schubert (elmore) Pinniger (colbo)

H/Backs: Mcleary (mounts) Sawyer (W/Hills) Brown (colbo)

Centres: Thorsen (north) Grant (elmore) Wilson (broady)

H/Forwards: Dunne (broady) Meldrum (h/cote) Hill (colbo)

Forwards: Taylor (broady) Hayes (elmore) Jacobs (colbo)

Rucks: Douglas (mounts) Carter (mounts) Lock (colbo)

Inter (from) Newth (locky) C.Cail (elmore) Carroll (h/cote)
Wearne (broady) Watson (north) Angove (w/hills)

Just off the top of my head sorry if i've upset anyone

Pretty big forward line there with only Jacobs being the rover type, think the big fellas might get in each others way. Thought Nat O'Brien is in pretty good nick and I'm not sure if there is anyone else in the league that can deliver a footy like him. Hey Donna bow do you think young Brad Smit went on saturday?

Trottyboya was in rare touch indeed, did anyone noticed he actually nodded off when on the panel onstage yesterday. Think the young boys Webby, Drewie, Tizza and Grant Hibbert cleaned him up big time as he hasn't reported for duty today.

Little birdie tells me that yesterday's organiser Chalky Auld mighta got cleaned up himself after kicking on with the Elmore lads - hows the head mate :D.

$4 pints of guiness and $4 corona's at the broughy, when I left he was looking all right.

Bourkey from Fresh was telling me last night that next year the league is going to make the clubs pay $200 and if no one from that club rocks up it's bad luck, good idea if you ask me.

Yer played a bit to hard still recovering now but it was all good fun and glad those who went had a good time but dissapointing we didn't have a few more roll up. Up to the league and clubs now if they would look to build on the idea and I think the way it would have to work is that clubs must pay for 15 to 20 tickets up front and then it would be their responsibilty to sell and atleast the venue would know they had x amount of dollars guarenteed to run the function.

Good to hear that despite not huge numbers the footy show was a good day. Couldnt make it myself as i ventured down to watch the hawks maul essendon which was great. Will definitely have to go next year.

Had the pleasure of watching a great game on saturday between the bloods and mounts I thought at half time that despite mounts being 8 goals down that they were not out of it and they didnt disappoint their fans by coming back very strongly but i guess 8 goals is not an easy lead to overcome and the boys were able to go up a gear before it was too late. Very hard and tough game very good to watch. I reckon we missed out on a chance to really bury a top side i reckon we could have really unsettled mounts for the rest of the season with a 10 goal or more win but it wasnt to be. Ryan Hayes' 10 goal effort was to me just was almost as impressive as his 26 goals against Huntly. Mounts are a very good side and that is a phenomenal effort. I believe Elmore used the football alot better and were alot more direct with a better forward structure and were simply more determined in the first half. Mounts showed alot in the third qtr and should be commended for that I also beleive we had more depth of talent around the ground to help us get over the line.

Good to hear that despite not huge numbers the footy show was a good day. Couldnt make it myself as i ventured down to watch the hawks maul essendon which was great. Will definitely have to go next year.

Had the pleasure of watching a great game on saturday between the bloods and mounts I thought at half time that despite mounts being 8 goals down that they were not out of it and they didnt disappoint their fans by coming back very strongly but i guess 8 goals is not an easy lead to overcome and the boys were able to go up a gear before it was too late. Very hard and tough game very good to watch. I reckon we missed out on a chance to really bury a top side i reckon we could have really unsettled mounts for the rest of the season with a 10 goal or more win but it wasnt to be. Ryan Hayes' 10 goal effort was to me just was almost as impressive as his 26 goals against Huntly. Mounts are a very good side and that is a phenomenal effort. I believe Elmore used the football alot better and were alot more direct with a better forward structure and were simply more determined in the first half. Mounts showed alot in the third qtr and should be commended for that I also beleive we had more depth of talent around the ground to help us get over the line.

Ended up being a cracking games. Was interesting to watch from the side lines. Got a very different perspective then if i was playing. I thought Elmore were super impressive in the first half. Very slick ball movement and plenty of numbers at the contest which allowed them to spread run and then deliver to Hayes. I think the big change in the second half was our attack on the ball and the man in te ball. We also were able to get first use of the ball out of the middle which is obviously a key. Overall an interesting afternoon of football. High class game with plenty of feeling.

Would be interested in your thoughts on the Fev incident bloodhound. Any weeks do you think??? Looked ordinary from where i was

This is the best that I could come up with.

Backs; Korto13, Roota#6, Old Saint
Half Backs; HillBully, Blackvelvert, Brentmeistergeneral
Centres; Showmethemoney, The Old Sow Pig, Nesko25
Half forwards; Blackbeard, Big Ump, Conrad
Forwards; Andypipkin, Oldmanemu, Gillabbey24

Rucks; Bloodhound, We'restreaking, Teddy
Int; Froffie Monster, the ghost who walks, Trottyboya, Fantom Maggot

Coach; Doona2

Come up with a couple of logistical problems. The centre half back will probably look for the centre half forward all of the time but won't be able to find him! Probably won't see much of Trottyboya as he won't be able to drag himself out of the Top and the Hillbully might be a bit slow off the back flank. We'restreaking might have his mind on other things and Showmethemoney might not be in it for the love of it. Korto's the stand over man and Teddy is the crap rover. Gillabbey in the forward pocket so as he can take a close look at the game. All in all though Doona, I'm pretty happy with the set up, up to you now to get the changes and rotations right and we should be OK:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back