Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well go for it matt. actually write an article and post it on all the big footy threads that you want a rdfl final in warrnambool. see if many on this thread care about what the f^&* rdfl do.

I was just making a point about the HDFL. Your comp is just as good if not slightly better than the RDFL, but falls away in some key areas. Firstly, there is a massive home ground advantage in the Heathcote league. Supporters don't travel and there aren't many rivalries. Secondly, the facilities at many of the grounds are pretty shitty. Especially the visitors rooms at Toolleen. How they even get a final worries me. Thirdly, the league doesn't promote themselves enough. I'm not talking about what Troy Auld does, because his stuff is great, but from an executive point of view there isn't a lot of leadership. Is the Heathcote District Football League just a second or third division (counting the LVFL) of the Bendigo league? Because that's how it is treated sometimes.

I think the Riddell league has a heap of stuff it can improve on, but in the off-field department, it absolutely blitzes the HDFL.

I was just making a point about the HDFL. Your comp is just as good if not slightly better than the RDFL, but falls away in some key areas. Firstly, there is a massive home ground advantage in the Heathcote league. Supporters don't travel and there aren't many rivalries. Secondly, the facilities at many of the grounds are pretty shitty. Especially the visitors rooms at Toolleen. How they even get a final worries me. Thirdly, the league doesn't promote themselves enough. I'm not talking about what Troy Auld does, because his stuff is great, but from an executive point of view there isn't a lot of leadership. Is the Heathcote District Football League just a second or third division (counting the LVFL) of the Bendigo league? Because that's how it is treated sometimes.

I think the Riddell league has a heap of stuff it can improve on, but in the off-field department, it absolutely blitzes the HDFL.

does anyone actually care???

Gotta agree with ya on this one. I think Broadford have a good set-up. Hey Big Ump tell the Turk I'm happy to feed the kids again if he wants a bet.

I will pass that on but i don't like your chances,He is still trying to get the stain out of the carpet in the NEW HOUSE they tell me the stain is black i would like to know what he was eating and drinking.I think it was after the B/Ford game at H/cote did you pump a few quick one's into him:D

Hope you haven't gone the early crow too soon Singbad. Can you here that knocking at your back door? It's another wooden spoon trying to get home where it belongs. What's going to happen this week? Are you tanking, playing for a draw or are you finally going to have a crack? Or are you just no good:D:D:D

I have been painting a wooden spoon for Red Man, half way through it have now put it on hold till after the final siren of the last round.I received a number of texts from the Red Man last night.Did you have your tiger meeting after winning Yesturday in the telephone box:D

I will pass that on but i don't like your chances,He is still trying to get the stain out of the carpet in the NEW HOUSE they tell me the stain is black i would like to know what he was eating and drinking.I think it was after the B/Ford game at H/cote did you pump a few quick one's into him:D

Your a fine man to talk about Turk and his drinking i was told instead of taking you 5mins to walk home from the Union Hotel on Saturday night it has taken you somethink like 30mins 2 steps forward 28 steps backwards is that correct:confused:

Your a fine man to talk about Turk and his drinking i was told instead of taking you 5mins to walk home from the Union Hotel on Saturday night it has taken you somethink like 30mins 2 steps forward 28 steps backwards is that correct:confused:
You get a lot of information down there at Nar Nar Goon Teddy. Haven't seen you on the Ellinbank thread yet though which suggests you might be a bit closer to home than you let on (like around the corner). Had an ale with the great Ump Saturday and he was in fine form and doesn't surprise me your quote. He was a drunken, blithering idiot although he was too smart for one of the local constabulary and was able to extract a piece of information which if found out on Big Footy, could send shockwaves right through the thread.:D:D:D

Broadford is a terrible ground and it would be a poor selection for finals grounds when the likes of Tooleen Elmore Colbo etc are available, would rather one of those teams play at home than go to broadford

Size of a postage stamp, small change rooms, 100km from bendigo where the hdfl pulls it crowd, the crowd have failed to attend finals there in the past........do you need anymore reasons?

also add the gravel rash from the sand, and the general quality of the crowd ;)

i also hate the way the temperature drops by 5 degress from kilmore

Geez you forgot to mention the fact that the majority of HDFL have an obvious dislike to us and couldn't wait to eject the club from the league. C'mon lads there must be plenty of other reasons why Broadford are deemed below standard in all categories to do with country footy :mad:

In all seriousness guess Im tired of the way we are constantly perceived, and it's getting tiring for our young list who are doing some really good things. For the first time in our clubs history, all football and netball sides will contest finals which is great IMO.

I just hope during the finals a few more of you come up and say g'day like Wayne is gunna do - I'll introduce ya's to some Broady people and then you'll see that where not that all bad afterall.

Geez you forgot to mention the fact that the majority of HDFL have an obvious dislike to us and couldn't wait to eject the club from the league. C'mon lads there must be plenty of other reasons why Broadford are deemed below standard in all categories to do with country footy

there was a final at Broady not that long ago, (maybe last yr or the year before) was a good day. do not see anything wrong with the club now, just there reputation from previous years that everyone still talks about...

You get a lot of information down there at Nar Nar Goon Teddy. Haven't seen you on the Ellinbank thread yet though which suggests you might be a bit closer to home than you let on (like around the corner). Had an ale with the great Ump Saturday and he was in fine form and doesn't surprise me your quote. He was a drunken, blithering idiot although he was too smart for one of the local constabulary and was able to extract a piece of information which if found out on Big Footy, could send shockwaves right through the thread.:D:D:D

Mums the word at the moment,BUT TIME WILL TELL:thumbsu:
I can give him sh#t for a while and get away with it:D

colbinabbin to roll mounts convincingly....35 points.

heathcote to roll into a semi final next week against mounts by beating broadford by 10 points in a thriller...daniel carroll copped a pasting in the media in the first time these 2 played for his defensive efforts. watch for him to bounce back back and provide constant running drive through the midfield and half back line...

He copped a pasting because he's supposed to be playing on the half-back line and his man got 25 touches. It's alright for him to create play, but you gotta be accountable! He could learn from you after keeping perhaps the most dangerous forward pocket in the RDFL to just one goal in two matches.

didnt see the game so i cant comment...he rarely gets beaten twice so hopefully al will match him up on the same bloke again so they can go toe to toe...both talented footballers from all reports...ill stick with my tip

Good onya catters078 obvioulsy an old team mate of the Romsey boys :thumbsu: Funnily enough Ive had a look at that round 7 video and notes tonight - I think Carroll and Mick Edwards spent most the day on each other and was a pretty good contest. Carroll collected 22 touches (9 marks); Mickie had 24 (6 marks) and got a couple of sausage rolls.

Will they/wont they line up on each other? Mickie jagged 7 on Satdy in about 3 quarters of footy, and Daniel's last 4-5 games have been good. Was told he good in the lead up to our clash a fortnight ago, was good against us, good at White Hills so he just may be an important one to watch come Sunday with his rebound and skill level across half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did have a few quick ones because I had to get Doon to stop the car to read a text message on the way home and he wouldnt stop at Toobe for a couple.
On the one what Matty Nichols is writing about how the HDFL has a few lessons to be learnt how we run things off the ground; I can remember when we were in RDFL they couldnt run a chook raffle, they must have improved 10-fold. I dont know u Matty but what you write you must be at least 50 odd because u cant know that much. Looking forward to catching up with u one day.

We did have a few quick ones because I had to get Doon to stop the car to read a text message on the way home and he wouldnt stop at Toobe for a couple.
On the one what Matty Nichols is writing about how the HDFL has a few lessons to be learnt how we run things off the ground; I can remember when we were in RDFL they couldnt run a chook raffle, they must have improved 10-fold. I dont know u Matty but what you write you must be at least 50 odd because u cant know that much. Looking forward to catching up with u one day.

You're right Trotty, the RDFL was no good back in the day. But it has improved ten-fold. Two excellent general managers in Neill Sharpe (now at Western Jets) and Scott McCartney (former East Perth in WAFL) have been revolutionary for the competition. I'm only 20-years-old but have been at every RDFL grand final since I was four. All my family played for Lancefield, dad, uncles, grandfathers etc. It would be good to catch up with you though champ :D I don't know a lot about Broady but learning very quickly from Doon and a couple of others. The more I know about the Roos the better the articles I can write for you.

Geez you forgot to mention the fact that the majority of HDFL have an obvious dislike to us and couldn't wait to eject the club from the league. C'mon lads there must be plenty of other reasons why Broadford are deemed below standard in all categories to do with country footy :mad:

In all seriousness guess Im tired of the way we are constantly perceived, and it's getting tiring for our young list who are doing some really good things. For the first time in our clubs history, all football and netball sides will contest finals which is great IMO.

I just hope during the finals a few more of you come up and say g'day like Wayne is gunna do - I'll introduce ya's to some Broady people and then you'll see that where not that all bad afterall.
Hey Doona, what was the vote that night. For memory I think it was 5/4 for getting rid of the Broadford club, is that right? It had to be a 66% majority, does that ring a bell. I think I would be pretty certain in saying that Broadford is perceived fairly different to what it used to be, after all it was probably only the smallest minority which bought the club undone and every club has those people. It's just how they are dealt with. Always had some good mates down their and always will.:thumbsu:

Hey Doona, what was the vote that night. For memory I think it was 5/4 for getting rid of the Broadford club, is that right? It had to be a 66% majority, does that ring a bell. I think I would be pretty certain in saying that Broadford is perceived fairly different to what it used to be, after all it was probably only the smallest minority which bought the club undone and every club has those people. It's just how they are dealt with. Always had some good mates down their and always will.:thumbsu:

RWB how do rate the saints chances this weekend ?

Let that be said, goes both ways - hopefully the King Carey will have a few new mates after the weekend too :thumbsu:

must say although we had our pants pulled down by your boys doona, it was good to get into the rooms and swallow a few beverages with yourself and a couple of other lads. place is headed in the right direction as far as im concerned

north i see have lost there right to host there alloted final, but i heard on sunday the reason was they couldn provide enough players to run the various vans and stalls. surely thats not true is it???

north i see have lost there right to host there alloted final, but i heard on sunday the reason was they couldn provide enough players to run the various vans and stalls. surely thats not true is it???

I got this on the email yesterday:

This is to inform everyone that due to the condition of the North Bendigo Ground, the Heathcote District Football League executive have decided to transfer the Qualifying Final on Saturday 1st September to ELMORE.

The North Bendigo Committee does not believe that the ground will be suitable to host the 1st semi final (Sunday 9th September) either. The League will determine which venue will host the 1st semi final and we will notify everyone as soon as possible.

Regards
Trevor Arnel
Secretary HDFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back