Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsu: THat's him, Doona.
Sharpie sen. is a rep. for one of the breweries .... Tooheys maybe, but not certain.
Josh Sharp tied with Kyneton warhorse Terry Mangan for the Al. McDonald Medal for the BFL b and f in the Ressies last September.

Seeking Glory said:
Chris Dunne is back. How much money is he on now $500-1000?
Broadford's discipline needs to be addressed. Do you know if the coach has done anything about it?

I spoke with chris dunnes brother and chris is getting $900 a game

gta3 said:
I spoke with chris dunnes brother and chris is getting $900 a game
either a pretty ordinary effort by dunne's brother for telling you (seeing that you have just told everyone here on bf) or an ordinary effort by yourself making it up. seriously mate, don't think you should write that sort of stuff on here unless this dunne bloke and broadford are happy for everyone to know.

Jock Clark 2 said:
Sharpie sen. is a rep. for one of the breweries .... Tooheys maybe, but not certain.
Josh Sharp tied with Kyneton warhorse Terry Mangan for the Al. McDonald Medal for the BFL b and f in the Ressies last September.

I can confirm that Mr Sharp won't be leaving to the hillies, have however been told that Sam O'Connor who played with hurst two's last year has been approcahed by Brian Walsh and looks to be going out there.

Jock Clark 2 said:

Steve sharp is indeed a rep for one of the breweries and also President of the Golden Square Football Club would have found it strange if his young bloke moved on!

So who is everyone tipping to be up there this season?
Things seem pretty quiet on the recruiting front out Mt.Pleasant way.

On The Money said:
So who is everyone tipping to be up there this season? Things seem pretty quiet on the recruiting front out Mt.Pleasant way.

Im leaning towards Colbo now in what could be one of the more evenly fought comps in years. Not much word outa Elmore, North and Huntly. Braodford will be big improvers, Heathcote seem to have added to a good list, LBU and Mounts will be up there. Time will tell whether White Hills will cover their losses although to give em credit they do seem to still be very active in recruiting.

On the transfers page I do see Grant Weeks' name (Rochy >>> Colbo) and young Luke Ezard has decided to go play under uncle Alan at Pascoe Vale. Lets hope he aint treated the same others to have left have been, he's a quality young fella and will be an asset in the future.

Doona2 said:
Im leaning towards Colbo now in what could be one of the more evenly fought comps in years. Not much word outa Elmore, North and Huntly. Braodford will be big improvers, Heathcote seem to have added to a good list, LBU and Mounts will be up there. Time will tell whether White Hills will cover their losses although to give em credit they do seem to still be very active in recruiting.

On the transfers page I do see Grant Weeks' name (Rochy >>> Colbo) and young Luke Ezard has decided to go play under uncle Alan at Pascoe Vale. Lets hope he aint treated the same others to have left have been, he's a quality young fella and will be an asset in the future.

Good to see that young weeks has made the move back to the green and gold. It wil be interesting to see if he gets an oppurtinity to play any games. I think he'll no doubt spend the entire year playing all pio's games. Where hopefully he'll travel alright and hopefully they'll do a bit better then last year, which at the moment they seem to be building up with a better team.

Also good to see a few of the heathvote boys in the Pioneers team aswell and young bongiovanni from lockington. And they say you don't get noticed in the HDFL. i think all those boys have proven them wrong!!

On The Money said:
So who is everyone tipping to be up there this season?
Things seem pretty quiet on the recruiting front out Mt.Pleasant way.

From looking at the transfer list and just general talk it seems that everyone has picked up pretty well. Colbo have done well, but they were left in the deep in after last year with the amount of players they lost, yet they should be a top contender especially if sam hill gets cleared. Locky have seemed to pick up more players including Adam Shawcross(Played with locky 2?? years ago but didnt do heaps) Mark Emmerson who played a running hbf? for heathcote also picked up matty martin from echuca he should be handy. Elmore seem to do doing well at getting big recruits to training, yet to sign some but they should get a couple more. On the transfer list it seems mounts are going to be up there like usual so that will be good to see. North Benda's have picked up the numbers dont know of there quality but will be interesting to see.

It will be good to see white hills up there. but after the numbers and the players they lost i dont think they'll be in the running they nearly have an entire new team and i think they will find it difficult to win games from the start. maybe finish of well

I think that all teams have done very well and that the comp will be alot more impressive then past years, with all teams being competive. No surprise through the year if a bottom placed team beats a top team but in the end i reckon it will be. in no order - elmore, mounts, locky and colbo and broady. .....and white hills, north, heathcote, and huntly ok anyones game for sure

conrad, looks like you left off lbu in your ladder in no particular order. they look like top 3 material along with mounts and colbo. cant see colbo out of the finals for another year. i think elmore and heathcote might make up the 5. any queries to these??

I have heard that mounts are looking resonable on the track and have given Troy Shannon the nod to lead the boys out for the year. Their tough onballer who had a pretty fair year last year after spending the previous few O/S.
Anyone confirm?

ringo1 said:
conrad, looks like you left off lbu in your ladder in no particular order. they look like top 3 material along with mounts and colbo. cant see colbo out of the finals for another year. i think elmore and heathcote might make up the 5. any queries to these??

Yeh, sorry but i actually didnt leave LBU if u read again....(no order) elmore, mounts, locky and colbo and broady.
Aan i reckon ur right, i do believe they'll be another very competivitve team this year.
Cheers!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conrad said:
Yeh, sorry but i actually didnt leave LBU if u read again....(no order) elmore, mounts, locky and colbo and broady.
Aan i reckon ur right, i do believe they'll be another very competivitve team this year.
Cheers!!

Seems to be a fair range of opinion on who will be up and amongst the best teams which makes for a good competiton. White Hills play Lodden Valley side Mitiamo tommorrow in a trial run does anyone else know of games this weekend including H.D.F.L sides.

Last minute Praccy Match

Lancaster Football Club is currently on the look out for a praccy match this Saturday the 25th. Yarroweah has pulled the pin after making the Night series GF and see’s no reason to play us.
Seniors, Ressies, Thirds, A-grade, B-Grade, C- Grade and the U16’s are all after a hit out. We are open to most options as the season proper is just around the corner. Any help in the electronic world of gossip would be much appreciated. A game mid week could even be a possibility. Post a reply if you can help and we can sort out the details on the phone

whitehills played mitiamo last saturday and won by a couple of goals apparently. does any1 know how their new players went and if any1 kicked a few etc...
i think w.hills play marong this week and elmore play serpentine, what other praccy games are on this week if any.

ablett said:
whitehills played mitiamo last saturday and won by a couple of goals apparently. does any1 know how their new players went and if any1 kicked a few etc...
i think w.hills play marong this week and elmore play serpentine, what other praccy games are on this week if any.

Think Broadford play Romsey and then Mernda the next 2 weekends.

ablett said:
White Hills ran out with only 4 of their GF team left.

On The Kyabram League thread somebody claims that Troy Mitchell played in the intra-club game at his former club Lancaster. Does any1 know if he has trained or has committed to play with Lockington?

On The Money said:
On The Kyabram League thread somebody claims that Troy Mitchell played in the intra-club game at his former club Lancaster. Does any1 know if he has trained or has committed to play with Lockington?

There has been a lot of talk that he is planning on going back to Lancaster, but on their website it shows that he has not been cleared to play there, or even put in a clearance to play there..

I thought it was a given that he would be lining up in the KDL, but maybe he does plan on staying with Locky..?

Doona was wondering if you could shed any light on weather Braody look like snaring these guys from Melb? Taylor and Co. You would think with the loss of Bruni up forward and finishing 6th that they will need to bring in 5 or 6 quality to give it a shake. Obviously Dunne is a good start.

On The Money said:
Doona was wondering if you could shed any light on weather Braody look like snaring these guys from Melb? Taylor and Co. You would think with the loss of Bruni up forward and finishing 6th that they will need to bring in 5 or 6 quality to give it a shake. Obviously Dunne is a good start.

Dunno much about who they've got in the way of recruits to be honest. Where does this Taylor & co. come from? There have been some youngish faces, assuming from Craigieburn where the coach (Peter Brown) is from at training but as to names and their ability dunno

I know Daniel Fletcher is flying, as is Dunney, Rowbotham, Mick Edwards & Nick Redenbach. Havent sighted '05 B&F and sole ruckman Bernie Hourigan on the track, full back Glenn Cooper was talking retirement and I think fellow defender Duane Bruni is leaving. Matt Finch and Eddie Neilson have applied for clearances back from Yea. Lawrie Angwin is playing Im told but the nights Ive snuck a peek he hasnt trained

I do think they'll need a bit more firepower across H/B and thru the middle to get it down to Dunney if they're to give it a shake as you suggest. Practice game snext 2 Satdy's which just might give Brown an insight into what shopping still needs to be done

Fairly strong suggestion on the KDFL thread that Troy Mitchell is heading home to Lancaster, can any LBU fans confirm or deny this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back