Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can confirm fitzgerald is back in bendigo cos i spoke to him the other day but havent heard about him off to elmore till now.
dont forget, elmore like a few other clubs are speaking to everyone and anyone thats ever pulled on a pair of boots recently but doesnt mean their going there regardless of the stupid amounts of cash thrown around.

i see on the transfer list white hills have signed a couple from nulawil, apparently they just walked in looking for a club to play with in the bendigo area and one of them is a 6'3-4 chb/chf ruck and moves like an onballer i was told.

HJ32 said:

HJ32 I was wondering if you could shed any light on whether Ben Tuohey has been on the track with the Hoppers? I heard he was considering playing elsewhere but I'd be surprised if that to fruition. The hoppers have obviously lifted there playing stocks with some good recruits but who do think will play at full forward with Irwin's absence? Der Kirpatrick possibly?

I'm not 100% sure but I think Ben is having a year off footy this year.

he definately hasnt been on the track.

interesting question re filling full forward? It's no secret the hoppers would love big dan to return, however he's got other priorities on now too. Getting Sam Hill back to the club as a key fwd might be the role however he's more suited to CHF. Der might be the man to head to the square... will wait and see.....

the bloke in question ablett, is reece poyner. only young bloke, 20 and bout 90-95 kilo's, plays key possie forward, has some talent but very green still. not sure how true but he kicked 17 in a thirds game coupla years back so he knows where the goals are. not that the thirds are a true indication to form. i'm pretty sure that he has knows a bloke or two at the hillies, who persuaded him to come when work brought him to bendigo

AITCH Jay ... see BFL thread for link between possible Fitzy move to Elmore, and why that could be on the cards.
Cheers.

Who is everyone playing in praccy matches? Broadford play Romsey on the 25th of March, dunno who else they've got lined up. Will be interesting to see how big recruits Azza and Sammy Taylor go.

HJ32 said:
I notice Shawcross is trying to head back to LBU....

Played a bit of footy with Shawcy over the years, very interesting and unique individual..where did he play last year and how did he go?

T.Perry said:
Played a bit of footy with Shawcy over the years, very interesting and unique individual..where did he play last year and how did he go?
Gumpy played CHF for Carisbrook, think they went through undefeated and won the GF.
He is back living in the local area and set to return to his home club.

Doona2 said:
Who is everyone playing in praccy matches? Broadford play Romsey on the 25th of March, dunno who else they've got lined up. Will be interesting to see how big recruits Azza and Sammy Taylor go.

How is broadford's new coach going?
The Taylor brothers are coming back. They should be a good pickup if stinky can get fit. lol.

Mark Carboon was telling me he was thinking about coming out of retirement and playing for Broadford again. He reckons he would still be able to get a game for the one's in broadford

Seeking Glory said:
How is broadford's new coach going?
The Taylor brothers are coming back. They should be a good pickup if stinky can get fit. lol.

The big sphinkter (stinky) looks fit enough, maybe I shoulda went to Uni for a while, seems to do wonders for ya figure!!!

As far as I know things are ok, big news in the local today Chris Dunne's return to Harley Hammond Reserve official. In the same article president Berger didnt elaborate on any other signings but said more will be announced in the coming weeks.

Still light for experience with Fletcher, Rowbotham x2, Angwin, Alwin Neilson more than likely the nucleus of a leadership group. Stuie Denness, on the verge of 30 has set himself for another crack at senior footy. Nick Redenbach and Mickie Edwards would be expected to play consistent football week in week out again.

Should be seen as year to really bring some youngsters up to speed with senior footy, then 2007/08 should produce some rewards for coach Brown.

Reigning B & F Bernie Hourigan is yet to be sighted n the track but I have been told he is a definaite starter and they play Mernda also in a praccy match.

gta3 said:
Mark Carboon was telling me he was thinking about coming out of retirement and playing for Broadford again. He reckons he would still be able to get a game for the one's in broadford

Carbs was a handy strong marking forward/back up ruckman and got out of the game way too early. Fair to assume his return to A-grade cricket has reignited that competive edge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doona2 said:
The big sphinkter (stinky) looks fit enough, maybe I shoulda went to Uni for a while, seems to do wonders for ya figure!!!

As far as I know things are ok, big news in the local today Chris Dunne's return to Harley Hammond Reserve official. In the same article president Berger didnt elaborate on any other signings but said more will be announced in the coming weeks.

Still light for experience with Fletcher, Rowbotham x2, Angwin, Alwin Neilson more than likely the nucleus of a leadership group. Stuie Denness, on the verge of 30 has set himself for another crack at senior footy. Nick Redenbach and Mickie Edwards would be expected to play consistent football week in week out again.

Should be seen as year to really bring some youngsters up to speed with senior footy, then 2007/08 should produce some rewards for coach Brown.

Reigning B & F Bernie Hourigan is yet to be sighted n the track but I have been told he is a definaite starter and they play Mernda also in a praccy match.

Chris Dunne is back. How much money is he on now $500-1000?
Broadford's discipline needs to be addressed. Do you know if the coach has done anything about it?

Seeking Glory said:
Chris Dunne is back. How much money is he on now $500-1000?
Broadford's discipline needs to be addressed. Do you know if the coach has done anything about it?

Have no idea what kinda coin Chris would be getting, my thoughts on player payments have been well documneted on various threads so I dont wanna go over old ground.
Sorry buddy haven't been involved with the Roos for quite some time now so not really in the position to comment too much . . . . wasnt aware of a discipline problem though :rolleyes:

Seeking Glory said:
maybe not any more but last time i watched them they (broadford) were pretty bad. Arguing with the umpire, giving away 50's and ect.

That must have been sometime ago, because they were disciplined last year. Tell me what team doesn't argue with the umpire over a decision and how doesn't give away 50's. Any team that doesn't obviously has a greater power that your average human coaching them.

Seeking Glory said:
maybe not any more but last time i watched them they (broadford) were pretty bad. Arguing with the umpire, giving away 50's and ect.

when did you last watch and who was the culprits re undisciplined play?

Doona2 said:
when did you last watch and who was the culprits re undisciplined play?

Last time i watched them was season 2004. What i was refering to was about Tilly and Baker mainly. Is Tilly and Baker still at Broadford?

Seeking Glory said:
Last time i watched them was season 2004. What i was refering to was about Tilly and Baker mainly. Is Tilly and Baker still at Broadford?

Neither played for the Roos last season. Tills was suspended and Bakes was cleared to play with Tongala.

Both have been reunited this season at West Preston in the DVFL, where Tills is coaching and Bakes his full forward.

Seeking Glory said:

Tills is coaching West Preston in the DVFL after a year off via a suspension. Bakes, along with Ake & Tevita Fonua played at Tongala in 2005 and are playing with Tilley this year.

Jock Clarke tells us on the bendigo thred that Fitzgerald won't be heading to the Bloods according to a dragons official. Accords to the bfl website, there is no fitzgerald clearance lodged yet to the slags........

HJ32 said:
Jock Clarke tells us on the bendigo thred that Fitzgerald won't be heading to the Bloods according to a dragons official. Accords to the bfl website, there is no fitzgerald clearance lodged yet to the slags........

I can back that up also, spoke to fitzy last night he is definately staying a dragon

my spies tell me that brian walsh was seen talking to john or jason sharp from g.square last tuesday nite at the lake view pub. apparently he won the reserves b&f for the league last year in the bfl and is looking to move on due to lack of senior oppertunities at square. he would be a handy ruck or forward i hear.

any other mail floating around besides fitzerald at elmore which has been cleared up.

i spoke to alex chapmans brother the other day and he said alex is heading overseas in may and is not sure if he is going to risk playing before he goes incase of an injury.

ablett said:
my spies tell me that brian walsh was seen talking to john or jason sharp from g.square last tuesday nite at the lake view pub. apparently he won the reserves b&f for the league last year in the bfl and is looking to move on due to lack of senior oppertunities at square. he would be a handy ruck or forward i hear

For some silly reason I thought that guys name was Josh. Either way can you tell me if he is Stephen Sharp's young bloke?
Sharpy was a very handy player for Broadford in the mid 80's who went up to Lancaster and was part of some successful sides there also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back