Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On The Money said:
I think Edwards will be handy for White Hills he started the season at North Bendigo kicking 4 goals in one of the early games before returning to Golden Square to kick 40 odd in the reserves and a couple of games in the seniors including a 6 goal haul at Marybrough. So in White Hills predictament a guy with experience who can play a bit should prove worthy.

I'm only saying that from what I've heard the HDFL is better than that. Is the seniors better than BFL reserves? Surely it is. Edwards would have to kick 70-80 to justify the AC appointment. I have spoken to some guys at Tooleybuc and they don't rate him at all. He was shown the door mid season as playing coach.

Rosco5 said:
Thanks Wheelbarrow, geez Doona I didn't think you were that gullible, how rumours get out of control. I must admit I have spoken to Ray, about water skiiing and drinking ******** and his new baby girl, that's about it.
In relation to KB going back to Broadford, you've got to be kidding. In relation to Baker going back I suggest that is never going to happen while Broadford is in the HDFL as they (HDFL) will simply not register him to play, in relation to letting by-gones be by-gones re Dunne, Doona you have goota be kidding. Footy may well be just footy but friendship is a bit more than that and he burnt all his bridges in 2005, I am amazed the same people who swore they would never have him back are the ones that chased him, absolutely f^%$en incredible !!
And Scotty, as for your impressions of Tills and Adam, at least they are 2 blokes that have the experience, recall Tills did play league footy and Adam has a wealth of experience and played 40-50 games in the Pies 2's. I think they will do ok and I for one wish them the best. Perhaps that's coming from me, one of the three coaches at Broadford in the last 2 years to get shafted!!!!! Maybe feeling a bit of symapthy for the brotherhood !!:p

Wouldnt say gullible mate, was more than keen to run with any rumour this time of year as there aint much going on. Dont really wanna weigh into the Dunne debate as I havent been involved with BFNC for some time, but like you am amazed at the about face of many club people after some strong comments were made in 2005 - Just want to see the joint go forward in the future.
Agree you were harshly dealt with, these kids need stability and another turn over in the coaching makes it hard for them to settle into a style thats going to help them progress into good senior players. I assume you're referring to Finch and Clears as the other two coaches that got shafted???

Tilley did seem to know his stuff and Bruni's football brain is well spoken about - had the unfortunate North Bendigo incident never occured, Id reckon Tills would still be in the job, the kids would be settled under along term way of thinking, but I guess whats happened has happened and besides mate you may have never gotten a taste of the Broady life!!!

Rosco5 said:
Perhaps that's coming from me, one of the three coaches at Broadford in the last 2 years to get shafted!!!!! Maybe feeling a bit of symapthy for the brotherhood !!:p

I hope they do okay as well Ross.
And don't worry, you and the past coaches to refer to, aren't the only ones to be SHAFTED. Some of us just try to help out then get criticised and have slanderous allegations spread around by committee members, who don't seem to like the new initiatives being introduced against their footballing friends who are put under the financial pump to perform.

scotywok said:
I hope they do okay as well Ross.
And don't worry, you and the past coaches to refer to, aren't the only ones to be SHAFTED. Some of us just try to help out then get criticised and have slanderous allegations spread around by committee members, who don't seem to like the new initiatives being introduced against their footballing friends who are put under the financial pump to perform.

You'd know all about being shafted by the BFNC hey Wok. So called friends and fellow committee turned their back on you a couple of seasons back over misleadig information didnt they?

Dont know if this has been posted earlier, though Matt Marin has signed with Locky a dual premiership player with Echuca and his Borther Steve might also be coming over.

Could be a couple of others from the Rochy / Echuca area playing with the cats aswell.

Heathcote look to have picked a real hand player in Brian Burke he has put in a clearance from Swan Hill gun on baller who will dominate.......

ECHUCABOY said:
Dont know if this has been posted earlier, though Matt Marin has signed with Locky a dual premiership player with Echuca and his Borther Steve might also be coming over.

Could be a couple of others from the Rochy / Echuca area playing with the cats aswell.

Yeah chucaboy heard rochy have lost heaps of good players and a few r headin out locky, would u b able 2 fill me in on how matty martin goes?

kanga fan man said:
Heathcote look to have picked a real hand player in Brian Burke he has put in a clearance from Swan Hill gun on baller who will dominate.......

the 'Scoaters look like having a big year. Burke, possibly landry and local lad Tom Tobin will boost their already reasonable midfield, who will pump it down to the twin forwards in Chappy and Waters. Exciting times ahead for saints fans......

re: heathcote-chapman is going overseas soon time indeffinate and so is lowndry. burke will be very handy, did he coach swan hill recently?

Broadford have offered Brett Spargo $210 a game and $20 bucks a goal for this season. He hasn't taken up the offer yet though. And Broadford also offered Rob Douglas $1500 a game but he turned down the offer. You must be good Rob to turn that offer down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

robbie douglas is far too good for HDFL football. C'mon roos be fair to the kid, save your kanga and maybe offer that sort of dough in 10 years time when he's at the twighlight of his career...... :(

Believe a former Roos full forward who has kicked the magical "ton" in the Ovens & King for the past 3 seasons was spotted watching training on Monday night.

A mate told me that hdfl is really struggling, about the same as ammo's divvy 4.If thats the case how can they offer guys 1500 a game?He said one of the grounds has a tap exposed on the wing......whats the deal?

Kick It To Me!! said:
A mate told me that hdfl is really struggling, about the same as ammo's divvy 4.If thats the case how can they offer guys 1500 a game?He said one of the grounds has a tap exposed on the wing......whats the deal?

Who's your mate? Did he play in the HDFL? Can we have names to verify such information

Kick It To Me!! said:
Just spoke to him,said he knew blokes up in colbinabbin who played last year.Couldnt remember the ground.

So he's not been to watch HDFL footy, these Colbo blokes dont let the truth get in the way of a good story at times ;) dont be sucked in by hearsay until you get up there for a squizz

Doona2 said:
Believe a former Roos full forward who has kicked the magical "ton" in the Ovens & King for the past 3 seasons was spotted watching training on Monday night.

:0 hay doona how is Shane Moore going. talk about bush legend of the O n K! I think he'd led Moyhu to a couple of flags up there via his uncanny goalkicking feats.

He went into my 'favorites' book in a final at north bendigo. Gathered the ball deep in pocket on the boundary infront of the zoo, and dribbled it thru daicos style - he then turned to the Zoo and gave them the biggest double fisted thrust in what has to be the funkiest goal celebration i've ever seen!!!

just like a carnie - Moore is a king among men :D

if he returns to the HDFL (which he would have to be at least 15kgs heavier than season 2001) it would be great to see, maybe wes white from mounts will come out of retirement to have one last duel with his rotund old mate!

2006 - bring it on!

HJ32 said:
:0 hay doona how is Shane Moore going. talk about bush legend of the O n K! I think he'd led Moyhu to a couple of flags up there via his uncanny goalkicking feats.

He went into my 'favorites' book in a final at north bendigo. Gathered the ball deep in pocket on the boundary infront of the zoo, and dribbled it thru daicos style - he then turned to the Zoo and gave them the biggest double fisted thrust in what has to be the funkiest goal celebration i've ever seen!!!

just like a carnie - Moore is a king among men :D

if he returns to the HDFL (which he would have to be at least 15kgs heavier than season 2001) it would be great to see, maybe wes white from mounts will come out of retirement to have one last duel with his rotund old mate!

2006 - bring it on!

Think he was passing through, but Im hoping someone on the committee found out who he was and at least asked him what his plans for 2006 were. Moorey was (still is) an amazing footballer, comes under a lot of scrutiny for his physique but boy can he get the job done.

What do you know about KITM's comments coming out of Colbo? Surely a fellow grasshopper hasnt been underselling the image of the old HDFL

Doona2 said:
Think he was passing through, but Im hoping someone on the committee found out who he was and at least asked him what his plans for 2006 were. Moorey was (still is) an amazing footballer, comes under a lot of scrutiny for his physique but boy can he get the job done.

What do you know about KITM's comments coming out of Colbo? Surely a fellow grasshopper hasnt been underselling the image of the old HDFL

Id say that maybe those 'struggling' comments were in relation to the hoppers season last year and not the actual league itself. Not that I go and watch other district comps, but the HDFL is getting better all the time I reckon, and I know that there's plenty of word around the traps that it will be a crack season this year simply from some of the names heading out that way and the quality of experienced coaches (southcombe and walsh) taking on lead roles. Im probably basing my comments on the fact that there is no where near as much chat about the LVFL west of bendigo.

Moorey - I'd love to see him in a pocket next to a good leading 6ft full forward. it would be havoc in a district comp. You don't kick 3 tons for nuthin!! he's a 'jumbo' jet!

Kick It To Me!! said:
Just spoke to him,said he knew blokes up in colbinabbin who played last year.Couldnt remember the ground.

Tidy bit of information gathering there Sherlock Holmes. YOur mate isnt one of the forgetful AWB executives by any chance. Actually they used to sponsor Colbo. It is all starting to come together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back