Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nesko_25 said:
Hey Doonz I'd like to thank you for letting me borrow ur hook 2day, did me the world of good!

No problem nesko :thumbsu: My late father hung his bag on that hook from the day the rooms were built, I also used it when I played at Broady.

Have been at Yea for 4-5 years and surprised to hear someone hasn't defaced it like they did our families "buy a brick" donation in the social club.

I personally think that the coverage of country (and I mean HDFL, LVFL, MDFL) football in the Bendigo Advertiser is ordinary. I don't know how many times I have seen a report saying such-and-such a player will be a key, when he isn't even selected to play the next day. Surely, as a football journalist this guy should know something about the leagues and players.

In recent years the Addy has tried to make their coverage better, but there is more than the BFL going around.

Like today, the Reserves and Under 17s Grand Finals in the LVFL, got about 20 words each, and that was only a repeat of the scores. No player names, nothing.

As well as this, they don't even have the reserves or under 17 teams named in Friday's paper for HDFL, LVFL etc but have them all for the BFL. They probably charge for this and clubs may not want to pay for it, but surely it is in the best interests of the paper to have all this info, and should be a free service, to advertise country football even further and giving struggling country footy clubs a bit of a break.

i heard that Marcus McKern got a bit angry in the game on the weekend. he went at a player before the first bounce and when he got injured he got angrier. can any1 confirm this and tell me what excatly happened

oldmanemu said:
I personally think that the coverage of country (and I mean HDFL, LVFL, MDFL) football in the Bendigo Advertiser is ordinary. I don't know how many times I have seen a report saying such-and-such a player will be a key, when he isn't even selected to play the next day. Surely, as a football journalist this guy should know something about the leagues and players.

In recent years the Addy has tried to make their coverage better, but there is more than the BFL going around.

Like today, the Reserves and Under 17s Grand Finals in the LVFL, got about 20 words each, and that was only a repeat of the scores. No player names, nothing.

As well as this, they don't even have the reserves or under 17 teams named in Friday's paper for HDFL, LVFL etc but have them all for the BFL. They probably charge for this and clubs may not want to pay for it, but surely it is in the best interests of the paper to have all this info, and should be a free service, to advertise country football even further and giving struggling country footy clubs a bit of a break.

Well I know that newpapers are chasing previews as early as 10 a.m on Tuesdays so obviously alot can happen to the potential line-up's after that. Also if you have read the previews and reviews on the webiste or in the yabba you would know that the full article never hits the newspaper due to space restrictions. The Bendigo Addy allocates proberly double the space to the HDFL than the Shepparton News does to leagues such as the kyabram and Picola.

Doona2 said:
No problem nesko :thumbsu: My late father hung his bag on that hook from the day the rooms were built, I also used it when I played at Broady.

Have been at Yea for 4-5 years and surprised to hear someone hasn't defaced it like they did our families "buy a brick" donation in the social club.

Thats a shame Doonz, but there was another name that was just above yours and I reckon it would of only been about 5 hooks to have names.

On The Money said:
Well I know that newpapers are chasing previews as early as 10 a.m on Tuesdays so obviously alot can happen to the potential line-up's after that. Also if you have read the previews and reviews on the webiste or in the yabba you would know that the full article never hits the newspaper due to space restrictions. The Bendigo Addy allocates proberly double the space to the HDFL than the Shepparton News does to leagues such as the kyabram and Picola.

Space restrictions, well that is the problem. They need to make space. Half the time, I reckon the reporter just cuts and pastes his articles as the same names are mentioned all the time. At least the Addy has started to put in more than just the scores in the 2nds and 3rds competitions, and are now naming the goalkickers and best players. The Shepparton News??? Bendigo is a fair bit bigger than Shepparton, and the country leagues deserve better.

oldmanemu said:
Space restrictions, well that is the problem. They need to make space. Half the time, I reckon the reporter just cuts and pastes his articles as the same names are mentioned all the time. At least the Addy has started to put in more than just the scores in the 2nds and 3rds competitions, and are now naming the goalkickers and best players. The Shepparton News??? Bendigo is a fair bit bigger than Shepparton, and the country leagues deserve better.

Which reporter cuts and pastes and uses the same names??

I see that Sam Hill only got 2 goals for Colbo on Sunday, who played on him and where did that man Nicholls line up for LBU?

Doona2 said:
I see that Sam Hill only got 2 goals for Colbo on Sunday, who played on him and where did that man Nicholls line up for LBU?

VandenBosch played on Hilly and did an excellent job, Sims on Weeks was a great battle and that man Nicholls played more across centre half back last week and did a good job, runs in straight lines and takes everything with him! May get the job on Ryan this week!

BAR FRIDGE said:
VandenBosch played on Hilly and did an excellent job, Sims on Weeks was a great battle and that man Nicholls played more across centre half back last week and did a good job, runs in straight lines and takes everything with him! May get the job on Ryan this week!

Shoulda at least got a chance at some stage of the QF to play on Dalton a fortnight back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice in the North Central Review Newspaper (Kilmore/Broadford area) that in the Riddel and District Football League that a senior team of the year is announced, along with two teams of the year within netball. A presentation night is used and players that actually make the team of the year are presented with a jumper representing the league - the jumpers looked really good aswell. I know that teams of the year create conflict but could be a great initiative (as long as an accurate panel is chosen) to promote the league. Could be an initiative to jazz up the league best and fairest and tie in with a ball maybe?

On The Money said:
Which reporter cuts and pastes and uses the same names??

Well Troy Auld and Luke West are the football reporters...........

I think a team of the year would be a good idea, as long as there is a runner of the year as well.........:thumbsu:

oldmanemu said:

I think a team of the year would be a good idea, as long as there is a runner of the year as well.........:thumbsu:

You obviously don't read the reports.
In your assessment that the same names are always used I found that JUST IN THE PREVIEWS FROM ROUND 15 onwards clubs had this many players mentioned.
COLBINABBIN 19
ELMORE 17
MOUNTS 14
LBU 15
HEATHCOTE 12
WHITE HILLS 11
NORTH BENDIGO 10
HUNTLY 8
BROADFORD 7.

& Nothing was cut and pasted so you betta go and get yourself enrolled in Kip McGrath & learn to read.

oldmanemu said:

To the best of my knowledge Troy aint a sports journo by trade - he is the HDFL publicity officer. He's done a great job in supplying previews and round ups of games all year, and been a wonderful voice for all things HDFL - at the end of the day what goes to print is governed by the editors of each individual publication, its out of Troy's hands.

I am fortunate enough to get the same info as the respective media outlets every week as I like to know whats happening and I can say that Troy's stuff is comprehensive, but space restraints/advertsing commitments prevent it going to print in it's entirity for some publications.

Im sure places like The Review/Free Press (Broadford), Campaspe (LBU/Elm/Colbo) etc use whats relevant to their readership, likewise the Bendigo Addy

I think a team of the year would be a good idea, as long as there is a runner of the year as well.........:thumbsu:[/quote]

This is how OTM seen how the inter-league side earier:
B- Mick Ring HCOTE Rick Pritchett LBU Dallas Pedretti EL
HB- Eddie Dickens WH Matt Martin LBU Laurence Angwin BF
C- Cameron Carter MT.P Daimien Lock COL Nathan O'Brien LBU
HF- Sam Newth LBU Chris Dunne BF Mick Dobson LBU
F- Dennis Ryan MT.P Matt Waters HCOTE Gavin King NB
RUCKS- INTER-
Jaan Conheady HCOTE Jimmy Angove WH
Andy Grant EL Troy Shannon MT.P
David Fevealeki EL Daimien Smith HCOTE
Sam Hill COLBO

EMERG: Nick Redenback BF, Ryan Hayes EL, Steven Clohesy HUN.
* Daniel Geary & Adam Shawcross out injured.

Well boys the bloodhound is back ofter a few days of not being let into the system...........very suspicious and so is that all my postings have dissappeared along with rooboyz pearla from last week but enough of that.
HOW BOUT THOSE BLOODS!! i hate to say i told you so fellas but every one of you wrote us off and alot of you said that dalton would destroy us and despite ignoring the cries for ryan hayes to play on dalton we prevailed proving my pint that if you shut down the mounts midfield (admittedly they didnt have webb or shannon) then you limit the supply to dalton who needs it spoon fed to him. But the biggest win for us was shutting down Dennis ryan who is a gun player and their most important......I think he was nursing a hamstring.
But it was a great game massive last quarter from the boys who i thought may have kicked themselves out of it in the second quarter with some shocking kicking with the wind but a huge first quarter effort into the win and a dirt carter inspired last got us home.

As for Mckern well he twinged a hammy but showed alot of courage shaping up to dalton and dishing a few out to him in the first quarter and again in the third but dalton showed alot of restraint to keep his cool.

Ryan hayes was great early set up a few goals with some great hand balls at ground level, drac cowan turned back the clock in especially in the first quarter, Bill Longord was great in the ruck, andy grant ws great all day even after getting sniped but one of the cheapest weakest king hits i have seen from the same weak coward that hit rick smith earlier in the year, honestly it was a dogs act. Ryan weise played a great game on dalton who refused to chase ryan out of defense. But the award goes to Dirt carter who kicked three rippas in the last in one of our best team efforts for the year. Glad to be the underdogs if we are going to play like that.

Ive got to agree about the coverage of hdfl footy in the addy, its pretty average and alot of people getting mentions who arnt playing looks very poor.

All star side would be great especially if there is no interleague. Not a bad side nesko but Dal Pedretti by his own admission has had his worst year of footy ever and has been injured alot so you can take him out and put in Ryan Weise who has been absolutely awesome for elmore all year and is a smoky for elmore best and fairest.

GREAT TO BE BACK BRING ON THE GRAND FINAL GO BLOODS

bloodhound! said:
All star side would be great especially if there is no interleague. Not a bad side nesko but Dal Pedretti by his own admission has had his worst year of footy ever and has been injured alot so you can take him out and put in Ryan Weise who has been absolutely awesome for elmore all year and is a smoky for elmore best and fairest.

I think what Nesko was showing there Bloodhound was the interleague team that OTM picked earlier in the year. It will be interesnting see what changes threw form and injury OTM will make to that team in the coming days with Vote count/Presentation day being on Sunday!

On The Money said:
You obviously don't read the reports.
In your assessment that the same names are always used I found that JUST IN THE PREVIEWS FROM ROUND 15 onwards clubs had this many players mentioned.
COLBINABBIN 19
ELMORE 17
MOUNTS 14
LBU 15
HEATHCOTE 12
WHITE HILLS 11
NORTH BENDIGO 10
HUNTLY 8
BROADFORD 7.

& Nothing was cut and pasted so you betta go and get yourself enrolled in Kip McGrath & learn to read.

I can read just fine mate. I suggest keeping Kip McGrath type of comments to yourself. I'm not the only person I speak to who thinks the coverage is less than satisfactory. I know that this season for a fact, that players get named who are injured, and have been for weeks.

As for Elmore beating Mounts. Elmore had a great first quarter, but as mentioned Mounts didn't have Shannon or Webb, plus Ryan wasn't at 100% I don't think so that is 3 of the top 5 at the club this season. Hopefully we get another shot, without a hurricane wind, as that was a bloody nightmare!

He didn't snipe him. Rob Roy just had the nuts to throw the first one and Ryan went down quicker than a two dollar hooker. To his credit He did get up and preceed to collect a power of the pill.
Weiss was solid although was loose for half the game as mounts had sent one of their forwards down back.

oldmanemu said:
I can read just fine mate. I suggest keeping Kip McGrath type of comments to yourself. I'm not the only person I speak to who thinks the coverage is less than satisfactory. I know that this season for a fact, that players get named who are injured, and have been for weeks.

As for Elmore beating Mounts. Elmore had a great first quarter, but as mentioned Mounts didn't have Shannon or Webb, plus Ryan wasn't at 100% I don't think so that is 3 of the top 5 at the club this season. Hopefully we get another shot, without a hurricane wind, as that was a bloody nightmare!
Youv'e backed off that the same players are mentioned all the time now
Provide evidence of blokes being mentioned as key players time and time again when they don't play and for weeks on end.

Once I can remember it happening & that bloke kicked 8 the week before and had a crook groin (not an obvious injury) and didn't take his place.

If your not happy with the coverage thats fine but to come out and make statements that simply aren't true isn't.

Do you mean Andy grant went down quicker than a 2 dollar hooker?
I could have sworn it was from behind but then again i was still drunk from the night before so i could be wrong......still dont like that bloke tho number 10 cant remember his name....
Weise was actually Daltons direct opponent and Macca was the lose man.

What happened to the broady 2's blackbeard i hoped they would get through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back