Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HJ32 said:
whats the story there with Deborah Byrne?
I woulda thought that after his finals games, particularly against Mounts where finally showed just what he can do, I'da thought LBU woulda kept him.

I've heard on the grapevine that Bluey Southcombe has already signed Byrne to play with the Bloods next year only a day after Locky advertised the coaching positions. Don't know how much truth there is to it but I've heard it from more than one source.

Not alot of HDFL news getting around at the moment guys
Heathcote and LBU are still chasing coaches while I believe that a Big Footy ambassordor is well in the mix for the job down Broadford way.

Seems to be some Bendigo League players getting chased by multiple Heathcote league clubs which is often the case.

On The Money said:
Not alot of HDFL news getting around at the moment guys
Heathcote and LBU are still chasing coaches while I believe that a Big Footy ambassordor is well in the mix for the job down Broadford way.

Seems to be some Bendigo League players getting chased by multiple Heathcote league clubs which is often the case.
Has locky been re - signed @ Colby !?

I believe the Daimien Lock deal is as good as done and he will again lead the Grasshoppers in 2007 after doing a good job this season.

On The Money said:
I believe the Daimien Lock deal is as good as done and he will again lead the Grasshoppers in 2007 after doing a good job this season.

Lock will lead colbo in 2007. Officially announced yesterday at the Club's presentation function.

Bluey has already signed one youngster who lives in Echuca.....not sure what will happen but he will get some special treatment when he plays his old side........ Looks like Elmore are signing up a lot of young locals, 2 signed and another possibility also heard Bluey has got a few from bendigo and melbourne.

nesko_25 said:
Bluey has already signed one youngster who lives in Echuca.....not sure what will happen but he will get some special treatment when he plays his old side........ Looks like Elmore are signing up a lot of young locals, 2 signed and another possibility also heard Bluey has got a few from bendigo and melbourne.

Give us names not fresh air claims Nesko??
Not you is it pal?. The locals don't have a Rochester flavour do they.

Trueblueroo said:
I smell a pre-season comp in arrangment here or even practise matches, perhaps Mr Nichols could put something together in his spare time for us all?

Easily done:

RDFL v HDFL - Knockout tournament

Day 1, Week 1 at Broadford
Saturday, Feb 17

North Bendigo v Melton Central - Game 1
Broadford v Kilmore (feature) - Game 2

Day 2, Week 1 at Lancefield
Sunday, Feb 18

Woodend-Hesket v LBU - Game 3
Macedon v Huntly - Game 4
Lancefield v White Hills (feature) - Game 5

Day 1, Week 2 at Romsey
Saturday, Feb 24

Sunbury Kangaroos v Heathcote - Game 6
Romsey v Colbinabbin (feature) - Game 7

Day 2, Week 2 at Kilmore
Saturday, Feb 25

Diggers Rest v Elmore - Game 8
Riddell v Mount Pleasant (feature) - Game 9 - winner advances to grand final (plays practice matches against knocked out clubs if they chose to)

Day 1, Week 3 at Lancefield
Saturday, Mar 3

Winner of Game 1 v Winner of Game 2 - Game 10
Winner of Game 3 v Winner of Game 6 - Game 11

Day 2, Week 3 at Kilmore
Sunday, Mar 4

Winner of Game 4 v Winner of Game 5 - Game 12
Winner of Game 6 v Winner of Game 7 - Game 13

Day 1, Week 4 at Broadford
Saturday, Mar 10

Winner of Game 10 v Winner of Game 11 - Game 14
Winner of Game 12 v Winner of Game 13 - Game 15

Day 2, Week 4 at Romsey
Sunday, Mar 11

Winner of Game 14 v Winner of Game 15 - Game 16

GRAND FINAL at
Romsey, Lancefield, Kilmore or Broadford

Sunday, Mar 18
Winner of Game 9 v Winner of Game 16 - Game 17

To make travel arrangements easier, I have tried to make a fair and even draw with games played at Romsey, Lancefield, Kilmore and Broadford which are fringe areas in respective leagues. Obviously mistakes will happen, but this is just a first draft, feel free to add or suggest changes. Rockbank, due to their uncompetitiveness, have been left out. Sorry Rams fans. There are a couple of obvious flaws in this though.

1. Riddell or Mounts would miss match practice, they would need to play knocked out sides to get games, or sides from other leagues.

2. Teams coming into the game are coming off playing two matches in two days, coaches would need to significantly rest players and rotate them in what is expected to be hot conditions.

3. Time-wise, this is a long tournament.

4. Clubs would need a significant prize money pool to go hard for the top spot. Eg $5000 for first prize, $2000 for runners-up, $700 for top-five etc.

There are probably more and it won't happen (IMO) but its some fun to muck around with.

My Shout said:
Is it true Shawn Filo and Birchmore are playing at North this year with Filo to coach????
sounds like Filo will be heading Boga My Shout, Birchy, probably head with Filo also

On The Money said:
Give us names not fresh air claims Nesko??
Not you is it pal?. The locals don't have a Rochester flavour do they.

Me, what gave you that idea OTM? Well its about time Elmore started to get the boys that live in Elmore back from rochy, I reckon there would of been 6-7 move there over the past 4 years. I cant tell you who has signed as I've promised i wouldnt but i'm sure you being a man of many talents will find out and share.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks chaps, maybe my input into this great forum may have to be toned down some now!!!

Yeah dunno what happened with Matt's announcement at such an untimely hour of the day, especially as I wasn't even officially notified until 9am this morning :confused:

HJ32 said:
yeah well done doona. Something you've always wanted to do, just dont expect any further tips from your colbo pals!!! ahh seriously, hope you go well.

Guess that means the Broady mail you've received over the years must now cease also my friend :D

HJ32 said:
can i start rumors about some local roo lads currently playing just up the hume hwy?

can anyone shed some light on the new broadford coach.

maybe list his facts file and where he has been over the past couple of years.

old saint said:
can anyone shed some light on the new broadford coach.

maybe list his facts file and where he has been over the past couple of years.

the new broady coach has plenty of light to shed my friend. His career started way back when, during the late 80's early 90's where he led the mercyless roo juniors in the Seymour district junior football league. Traulling thru the mud of Harley hammond reserve and Kings Park, the HDFL's latest appointment formed a combination led by ray Rowbo, Andy Nesbitt and a youthful Ross Gerrard that made many shudder the fact that they had to face them on a sunday morning. Another young trooper who goes by the name of 'wiz' normally umpired these junior games. Wiz would rock up early dressed in a cricket shirt and his old roo shorts, a pack of PJ's up one sleeve and a three day growth ta-boot. it was obvoius that Wiz had found Gas, but enough about wiz, lets talk about Doona.

Doona was runner, critic, player, thirds guru, boot studder, time keeper and committeeman all before he was 21 at the BFNC.

A quick 1 yr stint coaching Yea with fellow Broady henchman Billy Neilson who was very akin to Wiz (see darts and three day growth), netted them a flag after he coaxed Goulburn Valley Legend (and still the best country football ruckman i have seen) Jon Soloman outta retirement.
A year off scoping more bush footy than the leyland brothers, and doona is fresh and ready to go again.

he has two things going for him
a/ he has mate who love their gas and three day growths
b/ respect from the local lads

it's going to be an interesting year down at Roo land

nesko_25 said:

i was takin 2 the boys at cri in Rochy n tehy told me Jake Cotchins and Mat Carboon have signed @ elm. big loss 4 roch but they have been talkin 2 westly?

RFCtigers_07 said:
i was takin 2 the boys at cri in Rochy n tehy told me Jake Cotchins and Mat Carboon have signed @ elm. big loss 4 roch but they have been talkin 2 westly?

These young boys coming out of the thirds at rochy may find it very tough to crack a game in the great elmore 1's side... Wats the go with Luan Marsh, is Fav gunna go to echuca with him or is Luan gunna fall into the money trap at elmore??

HJ32 said:
the new broady coach has plenty of light to shed my friend. His career started way back when, during the late 80's early 90's where he led the mercyless roo juniors in the Seymour district junior football league. Traulling thru the mud of Harley hammond reserve and Kings Park, the HDFL's latest appointment formed a combination led by ray Rowbo, Andy Nesbitt and a youthful Ross Gerrard that made many shudder the fact that they had to face them on a sunday morning. Another young trooper who goes by the name of 'wiz' normally umpired these junior games. Wiz would rock up early dressed in a cricket shirt and his old roo shorts, a pack of PJ's up one sleeve and a three day growth ta-boot. it was obvoius that Wiz had found Gas, but enough about wiz, lets talk about Doona.

Doona was runner, critic, player, thirds guru, boot studder, time keeper and committeeman all before he was 21 at the BFNC.

A quick 1 yr stint coaching Yea with fellow Broady henchman Billy Neilson who was very akin to Wiz (see darts and three day growth), netted them a flag after he coaxed Goulburn Valley Legend (and still the best country football ruckman i have seen) Jon Soloman outta retirement.
A year off scoping more bush footy than the leyland brothers, and doona is fresh and ready to go again.

he has two things going for him
a/ he has mate who love their gas and three day growths
b/ respect from the local lads

it's going to be an interesting year down at Roo land

Taking the p*** there HJ I see. On a serious side though, Doon did a three year stint as assistant coach under Matt Finch at both Broadford and Yea, where the sides played finals football each year.

After taking the Tigers to the final CGFL Premiership, he was forced to take a year off due to work and family commitments before and was offered a position as assistant coach to Steve Daniel at the GVFL Premiers, Seymour. But again work commitments prevented such a challenge.

It was half through the year that he decided to throw his hat into the ring for the coaching position down south here and has done alot of homework preparing for 2007 with detailed analysis on 2006 HDFL teams, players and structures.

So yes, thing are looking better down south and watch for the Roos to improve on their ladder position next year.

aker2dogs said:
These young boys coming out of the thirds at rochy may find it very tough to crack a game in the great elmore 1's side... Wats the go with Luan Marsh, is Fav gunna go to echuca with him or is Luan gunna fall into the money trap at elmore??

Hahaha good 1 Aker. Think Cotchin will have a bit of trouble. Your not gettin a bit jealous are you Aker, not getting enough money yourself. Marsh is going to Echuca not sure about the Fev.

Hey just heard bout this site, dunno if its been said but i couldn b bothered goin back through the pages but I heard from my mate up Hills way that Eddie Dickens has left not sure why or if in fact he has, any truth to the rumor? Is Walsh still coaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back