Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's makes much of a difference to the standard of the senior competition whether the thirds is Under 17 or Under 18.
While some kids might not be as well prepared for open age football that year earlier there they kids that are likely to play Reserves not seniors. So as for the Heathcote League not being able to step forward until it goes to Under 18's would have to be classed as another wayward comment from you young Nicko.

You blokes take this stuff way too seriously. The point I am trying to make and I would say it for all leagues, is to get the most success at senior level in a competition, you need to make your highest under-age level as good as it can be.

While the U17s system works OK in the HDFL, serious consideration should be looked at to raise the age level. It may take two, possibly three years to see the full benefits, but they will come.

As for the Mounts v Riddell argument, I saw Pleasant on three occasions this year, Riddell three or four. I saw both grand finals, both against good opposition and they are both good sides. In my opinion, Riddell were a better side. Nothing against Mounts though, they were brilliant.

Yeah was having a few quiet ones with him a few weeks back Bulgar and he said if he could't get things sorted out with LBU then he was going to try and chase a bit of coin, so we will wait and see how it all pans out mate! Wouldn't be surprised if he heads back to Echuca!

Rick Pritchett is off to the Kangas Fridge, Cohuna in the CMFL, couple of Echuca lads playing up that way, and as you say prob some good coin.

hey nesko, im a colbo boy i definately cant confirm that hes signed or anything although i know there's been interest in him. Lock would would have something to do with him throguh eaglehawke im guessing and he's good mates with mark lindsay

no one take this stuff to seriously , we just hate knobs gettin on here talkin horse s--it, about nothing that they really are capable of commenting on mr nicholls. no one on here gives two flying f--ks about riddells, and how good they are, we couldnt give a sh-t about your crappy league really. so if you want to talk dribble. talk it on your thread.

Can anyone tell me how Ben Milsom from Mt Pleasant goes? Little rumour he may be heading up to the Sunraysia area next season...

no one take this stuff to seriously , we just hate knobs gettin on here talkin horse s--it, about nothing that they really are capable of commenting on mr nicholls. no one on here gives two flying f--ks about riddells, and how good they are, we couldnt give a sh-t about your crappy league really. so if you want to talk dribble. talk it on your thread.

Yep Andy and I'm still wondering how if he is a journo for a kilmore paper and plays for Lancefield how or why he would have seen Mts play 4 times this season. You would think that if he wasn't at his own clubs game then he would either watch another game in the Riddell league or Broadford(which I have heard he watched very few of) for the coverage of the paper he works for. Could be a few holes in this story I think......

Yep Andy and I'm still wondering how if he is a journo for a kilmore paper and plays for Lancefield how or why he would have seen Mts play 4 times this season. You would think that if he wasn't at his own clubs game then he would either watch another game in the Riddell league or Broadford(which I have heard he watched very few of) for the coverage of the paper he works for. Could be a few holes in this story I think......

Mate only played in the twos at Lanny and only when they were short. Also, I watched three Broadford games this season, around eight Kilmore games, two Wallan games, four Romsey games and about the same number of Lancefield games. Most of the time I didn't see full games as I was trying to get to three in one afternoon. As for the Mounts' games, I saw their game against Broadford at Harley Hammond, half of their game at Heathcote and the grand final.

Mate only played in the twos at Lanny and only when they were short. Also, I watched three Broadford games this season, around eight Kilmore games, two Wallan games, four Romsey games and about the same number of Lancefield games. Most of the time I didn't see full games as I was trying to get to three in one afternoon. As for the Mounts' games, I saw their game against Broadford at Harley Hammond, half of their game at Heathcote and the grand final.

so u lied to add substance to your story. go to big footy hell:confused:

Matt you really must be so knowledgable about country footy if ya only fill in for the twos in a bush league club. Two questions... A)Are you ******ed, and B)Are you related to Caroline Wilson

Can anyone tell me how Ben Milsom from Mt Pleasant goes? Little rumour he may be heading up to the Sunraysia area next season...

Great coach and great leader, back to back captain coach of reserves grand final, back to back leauge b&f and club b&f both reserves, bit slow for seniors now though!!

Also on the U/17 change to U/18 mounts put in a rule change at the AGM for U/17 to change to allow players to be 17 and a half on the 1st of january and was knock back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt you really must be so knowledgable about country footy if ya only fill in for the twos in a bush league club. Two questions... A)Are you ******ed, and B)Are you related to Caroline Wilson

$hit I hope that don't mean Im not knowledgable about country footy there Mylo as I have merely filled in here and there at 2's level for the past 4-5 seasons, and even before that battled.

I hope I'm not ******ed and I certainly hope I'm not related to Caro. :D

Love my footy mate, just like everyone else here. I actually don't enjoy playing though, I just can't stand to see the Tigers' twos go short on a Saturday.

-----------------------------------

By the way, Ben Milsom is a fantastic bloke and will no doubt be missed by Mounts. Knew him as a teacher in Kilmore and he not only loves his footy but knows a lot about it. Whoever claims him up north has done really well for themselves.

Ben is a superb footballer and coach. Excellent speaker also. He took over the Mounts twos job 3 seasons ago, and took them to two premierships. Weren't the favourites this season, but got across the line with the self belief he drilled into the players. He speaks to all players as equals which I think is the key to coaching. (He had a bit of help from the sidelines too this year....;) )

He played senior footy in the TDFL, LVFL and HDFL for about 10 years before concentrating on coaching and playing twos the past 2 seasons. Kicked 70-odd goals in his first year of senior footy back in about '97, and played in a couple of senior premierships along the way either on the ball or up forward. Dominated the last two seasons in the HDFL twos.

He is also a great fella, and is married with two kids. I know he is extremely keen to continue with a coaching career, so any club up that way will be extremely lucky to get him.

* please note: I could be slightly biased on this one * :thumbsu:

as for the Mounts thirds kids. I'm not too sure how many will stay. I would hope all of them, as they see how great a club Mount Pleasant is to be around.

Don't know if many country clubs have defenders capable of stopping a forward six that consists of Lee James, Leigh Harrison, Dean Besanko, Eugene Benson, Heath Wadden and Aaron Blade.

Matt listen i dont normally condone people speaking on behalf of everyone on this thread but with the exception of Doona (journo) i bet that none us know or care who those people are.

Matt listen i dont normally condone people speaking on behalf of everyone on this thread but with the exception of Doona (journo) i bet that none us know or care who those people are.

Point taken. Can someone start delivering some news about recruits or training at HDFL clubs then? There doesn't seem to be too many names mentioned or training dates listed.

Ben has been appointed assistant coach at Bambill FC, in the millewa league. I had the pleasure of meeting him yesterday and I'm looking real forward to playing under him next season and hopefully longer.
He'll be assisting Rob Morgan who has similar accolades to Ben.

$hit I hope that don't mean Im not knowledgable about country footy there Mylo as I have merely filled in here and there at 2's level for the past 4-5 seasons, and even before that battled.

Sorry Doon, no i find your posts both informative and knowledgable with no big brash statements. Spot on really, you can tell your a good journo mate. You have coached a senior flag, right? I doubt if young matty has ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back