Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meldrum,

What I'm about to say may be hard to fathom and will come as a huge suprise to you, so please make sure your sitting down when your reading this.......

" I will be at training tonight"

You are probably feeling some excitment right now but please keep a lid on things. Maybe just let the some of the boys know that will be there to expect some lace out passes! ;)

That's what I was thinking Junky. I would like to know the positive's that Marong took out of the game if North were so ordinary but still won!!!:confused:

I think the Gully man's source was alluding to the fact North were at full strength while Marong had 8-10 senior blokes unavailable, thus despite a close loss in ordinary conditions there may have been more positives for Marong in that some of the younger blokes who were predominantley 2's players last year performed well and didnt look out of there depth.

Enough about Marong though, I watched a fair chunk of this game with a couple of White Hills lads, North have some quality mid's and a cple of young quick wingers that will cause problems aswell, but overall are gunna rely heavily on Webby winning plenty of ball in the guts to kick a winning score, there attack looks top heavy and one dimensional....but its still very early days, I reckon they will be an improved side from 07, and everyone knows North isnt an easy ground to take the 4 points from at the best of times!!

White Hills have Marong at home this weekend incidently, any other HDFL praccy games happening, or are some clubs taking the weekend off before the real stuff begins??

White Hills have Marong at home this weekend incidently, any other HDFL praccy games happening, or are some clubs taking the weekend off before the real stuff begins??

We play Jacana at home this Saturday - ressies at 12.15pm, senior game at 2pm

Dear showmethemoney and realtaste, where has anyone from Huntly said they will win the flag? Idiots.

All they have said is that they believe they will be competitive and win a few games. It will take them time to gel, as there are around 10 new senior players out there, but they will be a lot better than last year. I will guarantee that.

countryfooty i think you may have misread what i wrote. Nothing i said was related in any way to Huntly. I also think showmethemoney wasn't referring to the Hawks either.....

In regards to practice matches we play Macedon @ Macedon on Saturday in our final hit-out before Round 1.

I think the Gully man's source was alluding to the fact North were at full strength while Marong had 8-10 senior blokes unavailable, thus despite a close loss in ordinary conditions there may have been more positives for Marong in that some of the younger blokes who were predominantley 2's players last year performed well and didnt look out of there depth.

Enough about Marong though, I watched a fair chunk of this game with a couple of White Hills lads, North have some quality mid's and a cple of young quick wingers that will cause problems aswell, but overall are gunna rely heavily on Webby winning plenty of ball in the guts to kick a winning score, there attack looks top heavy and one dimensional....but its still very early days, I reckon they will be an improved side from 07, and everyone knows North isnt an easy ground to take the 4 points from at the best of times!!

funny how some people say north was at full strength because they had about 6 1s players missing starting with 70 goal forward dean watson away plus were up by heaps early and tried a few things after that and the scoreline was still 15 goals to 7 norths way and this is coming from someone who was at the game.North will be easily better than last year just because they dont carry on talking themselves up shows there mind is on the job.

Elmore signed a good young player in Tom Kuhne last night.

Also Jarrod and Ryan Wiese are staying on for another year and Rob Lecek is going around again.

Play Serp @ Elmore this weekend.

Also Jarrod and Ryan Wiese are staying on for another year and Rob Lecek is going around again.

Play Serp @ Elmore this weekend.

Will travel back from Ballarat. Has played pios (under 15s not sure about under 16s) very lean, need to put on a bit of muscle. Very good skills and would think he'll play across half forward or in the pocket and have a little (very little) time in the guts. Good player but I dont think he'll be anything special, the coaches wont have to plan tactics because of him.

With a few young bendigo players (Millard, Jacobs, Kuhne) coming into the HDFL I hope they have worked hard in the pre-season and dont underestimate the standard of the league. (a lot of the guys i know think its just a little better than the BFL 2s

F*ck me ominous signs - you only have to win the GF by a point to be premiers, last year's margin not enough :eek: Still hearing the Hayes to Moama thing, whats the latest newblood?

F*ck me ominous signs - you only have to win the GF by a point to be premiers, last year's margin not enough :eek: Still hearing the Hayes to Moama thing, whats the latest newblood?

Training with us when he isnt in Melbourne working and played against Mitiamo on friday so we are all assuming he is playing.....Kicked 1.6 against Mitiamo so bit of work to to get to the 26 straight he kicked last year......!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training with us when he isnt in Melbourne working and played against Mitiamo on friday so we are all assuming he is playing.....Kicked 1.6 against Mitiamo so bit of work to to get to the 26 straight he kicked last year......!

Good for you blokes :thumbsu: not for the rest of us :(

Moama are the arch enemy for us here in Echuca and I've heard no such rumour . It's looking like you may have to line up on him yet again doon's . atleast I hope it's a rumour :eek:

. It's looking like you may have to line up on him yet again doon's . atleast I hope it's a rumour :eek:

I can confirm it's pure rumour I'll be lining up on him . . . . it used to $hit me having to trot out to centre half forward in the few games I did play ;)

Few other threads are doing this one lads, thought Id kick it off for arguments sake......

Premier: Elmore
Runner Up: Heathcote
Smokey: Broadford
Cheatley Medal: Lech Featherstone (Heathcote)
Leading Goalkicker: Ryan Hayes (Elmore) 94 goals
Recruit of the Year: Nick Knight (Colbo)
Headline of the Year: HDFL to go to under 18s

Few other threads are doing this one lads, thought Id kick it off for arguments sake......

Premier: Elmore
Runner Up: Heathcote
Smokey: Broadford
Cheatley Medal: Lech Featherstone (Heathcote)
Leading Goalkicker: Ryan Hayes (Elmore) 94 goals
Recruit of the Year: Nick Knight (Colbo)
Headline of the Year: HDFL to go to under 18s

FEATHERSTONE
the same family from hadfield fc, in edfl

Premier: Heathcote
Runner Up: Mounts
Smokey: LBU
Cheatley Medal: Cam Carter (Mts)
Leading Goalkicker: Ryan Hayes (Elmore) 109 goals
Recruit of the Year: Wade Pitson (LBU)
Headline of the Year: Broadford Pull Off Recruiting Coup!

Just thought I'd go a bit different. Mounts are very quiet and expect a very big signing before round 1. I keep getting told how good heathcote are, I expect LBU to move up there with the 5-6 recruits to top of the list. Cam Carter must get more attention this year and he's in the top 3 players in the league. If hayesy plays he'll win the goal kicking (If there is no injuries). Wade Pitson is a very hard in an under mid who'll win plenty of the ball and you just dont know with Doona, has talked to some very good footballers and I expect 1 or 2 with goto the roos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back