Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't really having a crack at anyone from Heathcote in the paper, but as you can appreciate, The Free Press goes to Romsey and people there want to know how their former favourite sons are traveling. I've seen Al in peak form and fitness and no offence to Al but he isn't at his best at the moment. He is doing a fantastic job thus far as his first year as coach and to have the side in 3rd spot is a testament to his hard work. He speaks very well and has the respect of his players.

There is no doubt Al will get better as the season goes on. But I think he only took one or two contested marks for the day. But did a good job in the ruck.

I appreciate that mate, just thought you may have been a bit harsh on the young fella. I'm pretty sure he'd be in the top 3-4 in B&F calculations at the moment. If only his brother was still on the park!! If Al can only get better that will be great.

I appreciate that mate, just thought you may have been a bit harsh on the young fella. I'm pretty sure he'd be in the top 3-4 in B&F calculations at the moment. If only his brother was still on the park!! If Al can only get better that will be great.
Streaker, I'm tipping that the big fella will have a ripper last 10 games and finals as I think he has got room for improvement, but watch out when it comes. Just learning to cope with the new role as Matty Sawyer probably is at WH.

I wasn't really having a crack at anyone from Heathcote in the paper, but as you can appreciate, The Free Press goes to Romsey and people there want to know how their former favourite sons are traveling. I've seen Al in peak form and fitness and no offence to Al but he isn't at his best at the moment. He is doing a fantastic job thus far as his first year as coach and to have the side in 3rd spot is a testament to his hard work. He speaks very well and has the respect of his players.

There is no doubt Al will get better as the season goes on. But I think he only took one or two contested marks for the day. But did a good job in the ruck.

Pickles: Carroll and Meldrum are both quality footballers who have been a great addition to heathcote this year. I can't help but assume the fact that your article is available to the Romsey public has influenced the way you wrote it. To me, the article and further coments you made were uneccessry and unjustified personal attacks on them both.

It seemed like an attempt to please those from Romsey who were upset that they decided to leave and play with Heathcote this year. If anyone at Romsey still has sour grapes about them leaving, then it's time to grow up. How about focusing on the facts and telling them that they have both been playing great football this season.

Pickles: Carroll and Meldrum are both quality footballers who have been a great addition to heathcote this year. I can't help but assume the fact that your article is available to the Romsey public has influenced the way you wrote it. To me, the article and further coments you made were uneccessry and unjustified personal attacks on them both.

It seemed like an attempt to please those from Romsey who were upset that they decided to leave and play with Heathcote this year. If anyone at Romsey still has sour grapes about them leaving, then it's time to grow up. How about focusing on the facts and telling them that they have both been playing great football this season.

I doubt young Matt would do all this to heighten tensions between Romsey and the trio. There was a pretty strong Romsey presence at the game Saturday and after having a beer with Al Satdy night I can tell u all he was rapt to see them, just the same as the Sunday previous when he attended the Romsey/Lancefield clash.

Let Al and the Carroll boys learn something away from Romsey and who knows they just may return with a few things that may make ur club a better place in a few years . . . . . . aint that bigger picture more important than a grudge or two.

This crap goes on at all clubs, we've picked up from Rowey from Kilmore and I can tell u a few aint too happy about it but those with longer memories will recall Kilmore guns Monoghan, Kempy and Brett Buttler (won our b & f) all come to Broadford too so at the end of the day if the door is left open (which I hope it has) even Rowey wants to return home one day.

heard today that damian lock has been charged by the police after the incident out the front of black swan a fortnight ago. hj, tilt or tibbinator hve you boys heard anything of this

Where is everyone. All we have read for the last two weeks is Broady/Heathcote stuff surely something else is going on.

Andy it doesn't take much for Police to lay charges these days i can tell you. Wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a lot in it, but i don't know Damien or anyone involved so can't shed any light

Where is everyone. All we have read for the last two weeks is Broady/Heathcote stuff surely something else is going on.

Andy it doesn't take much for Police to lay charges these days i can tell you. Wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a lot in it, but i don't know Damien or anyone involved so can't shed any light

Roota#6 you and your mate's should get around your traps more.
We would like some other people's gossip:)

Roota#6 you and yor mate's should get around your traps more.
We would like some other people's gossip:)

Yeah good point Ump and wasn't havin a crack at you blokes was more trying to awake a few of the other blokes around the joint.

Trust me i have been trying to find out stuff from around the traps but there doesn't seem to be a lot going on. I did manage to come across North's ground today in my travels, it looks like an interesting place to play footy

Yeah good point Ump and wasn't havin a crack at you blokes was more trying to awake a few of the other blokes around the joint.

Trust me i have been trying to find out stuff from around the traps but there doesn't seem to be a lot going on. I did manage to come across North's ground today in my travels, it looks like an interesting place to play footy

Good ground to play on.Used to have interesting people on the other side of the fence.Just like Rushworth on the change room side at Rushy you would get your fare share of getting abused:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take it that is why some call it the Zoo

Took in the game between Nth & the happless Huntly the other week the crowd wern't there usuall rowdy selves, game was tight at times Hawks got a bit of a sniff at one stage before being snuffed out. The locals were quieter than the Huntly crew, bit strange but there you have it.:eek:

I take it that is why some call it the Zoo

lock all the windows, cars, bags, everything!!!!!!

there are some cr
azy feral thieves there every year!!!!!!!!

we had gear stolen in the past few years!

the best part of traveling to north is driving out of the gate at the end of the game!!!

heard today that damian lock has been charged by the police after the incident out the front of black swan a fortnight ago. hj, tilt or tibbinator hve you boys heard anything of this
heard the same myself today andy and i believe that one of our boys in blue has taken it upon himself to head down to officeworks to get a rubber stamp made because the are tired of printing his name [ were there is smoke there is fire]

Does anyone else reckon that Strauchanie looks a bit like pete heliar? he is going alright in all starts game haha. sure is fat

Effective Roos too slick

by Matt Nicholls

OVERALL effectiveness with the football was the key factor in Broadford’s telling victory over Heathcote on Saturday.
In perfect conditions at Harley Hammond Reserve, the Roos made the most of their opportunities to win by 17-points.
To borrow a common terminology used in football circles these days, Heathcote “butchered” the ball on far too many occasions to win the match.
Bad kicking is bad football and when the Saints failed to capitalise on their early game dominance, you knew the Roos would make them pay.
Heathcote held a nine-point lead at quarter time, with the rotating ruck/centre-half-forward combination of playing coach Alistair Meldrum and 17-year-old Lech Featherstone providing headaches for Broadford’s defence.
However, the Saints failed to deliver on the scoreboard and should have led by four goals.
While the game ebbed and flowed after quarter time, you could quickly see the match turning Broadford’s way.
The classy disposal of former Kilmore star John Rowe, mostly from half-back, was instrumental in setting up the Roos.
Veteran Adrian Wilson was his usual best, dominating around the stoppages.
While Broadford skipper Chris Dunne was effective in the first three quarters, he didn’t really show his best football until the last term, when Daniel Fletcher and James Edwards stood tall.

For the full story, visit www.centralsport.orghttp://www.centralsport.org

Thanks for posting the article, great to read about the Roos' win! Congrats Doon, hopefully the season is back on track. Matt, I see the link to your website, a good piece of self-promotion that!! lol

Just on the Nth Bendigo crowd, when i went to the Roos match, they were very tame that day. In fact I noticed that there was very few Doggies supporters there, not sure whether it was just because it was an ordinary day or their support has dropped off, but considering it was their first home game of the year, you would of thought more of their supporters would have been at the game.

Time to put the Broadford/Heathcote clash to bed and sign off after finishing going thru the tape. Here's what u were after The RWB, Tiges 07, Nicholls and anyone else who thru their two bobs worth in since last Satdy.

Free's were 31-21, D. Carroll had 21 touches, his opponent Edwards 23, Meldrum had 16 with 6 marks and the games most hit outs - hope this settles a few arguments and throws the focus towards this weekend.

Goodbye round 7!!!

Time to put the Broadford/Heathcote clash to bed and sign off after finishing going thru the tape. Here's what u were after The RWB, Tiges 07, Nicholls and anyone else who thru their two bobs worth in since last Satdy.

Free's were 31-21, D. Carroll had 21 touches, his opponent Edwards 23, Meldrum had 16 with 6 marks and the games most hit outs - hope this settles a few arguments and throws the focus towards this weekend.

Goodbye round 7!!!

Thanks Doon. Well I reckon Carroll had 10 in the first quarter so that makes me spot on about what I said. In fact, everything I've said has been backed up by the tape. Anyway, match of the round this week has to be the Colbinabbin v Elmore clash.

My tips for this week are:

Heathcote to beat White Hills by 24 points.
LBU to beat Huntly by 65 points.
Elmore to beat Colbo by 11 points.
Mounts to beat North Bendigo by 35 points.

Thanks Doon. Well I reckon Carroll had 10 in the first quarter so that makes me spot on about what I said. In fact, everything I've said has been backed up by the tape. Anyway, match of the round this week has to be the Colbinabbin v Elmore clash.

he had 5 kicks, 2 marks, 1 handball in the 1st term

he had 5 kicks, 2 marks, 1 handball in the 1st term

Thought we were done.

without a doubt, colbo v elmore is the match of the round. You heading over Doon? Should be a very high standard, tough football match. Both sides have some quality footballers and their lists run quite deep. Colbo at home just for mine.

In other matches Heathcote to get back on the winners list but only just, Lockington by plenty and a rejuvenated mounts to get over north at the zoo.

Bring on the Dunny talk

heard the same myself today andy and i believe that one of our boys in blue has taken it upon himself to head down to officeworks to get a rubber stamp made because the are tired of printing his name [ were there is smoke there is fire]

Also heard this 'rumour', plus i heard there was another grasshopper charged/involved in same incident who has had previous run ins with the law (& was very lucky at the time with a slap on the wrists) - may find himself in serious trouble with new allegations.

Thought we were done.

without a doubt, colbo v elmore is the match of the round. You heading over Doon? Should be a very high standard, tough football match. Both sides have some quality footballers and their lists run quite deep. Colbo at home just for mine.

In other matches Heathcote to get back on the winners list but only just, Lockington by plenty and a rejuvenated mounts to get over north at the zoo.

Bring on the Dunny talk
I would say Doona will be heading to H/Cote W/Hills match B/Ford play W/Hills the week after.Anyway i think Heathcote will get home by less than 2 goals but i would not go and put my house on this game could go either way,and what a game Elmore & Colbo game will be this game will be not for the faint hearted.I stick my neck out and say Colbo by less than a goal only because it's at Colbo:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back