Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
28ml at Heathcote till 3.45, hay Doona i reckon you & me loved playing in the rain brought everyone back to our pace.
Do you think if it's wet on Saturday will it suite you:)

A lot of times I actually was capable of pulling out ill or injured if it looked like rain on the horizon - never really liked playing that much after 19-20 more did it coz all me mates were. Now that Im in my 30s I look back and spew about all that footy Ive missed . . . . . ah well hindsight is a wonderful thing. Let that be a lesson to you young fellas ya never get these years back so make the most of it

I gotta say yes about Satdy as its bound to be wet so we gota be ready for it - and besides we have a hell of a lot to play for.

I hear sam vale has had a shoulder reco wats the update on his progress?? seen him play last year in and interleauge match and was far the best player on the ground by 110% and i wondering is he player to look out for in the future???

yes definately a player to look out for in the future, played ones at colbo most of last year as a 16 year old, is now at assumtion and was tearing it up until he injured his shoulder.

Just had a look at the sides for Saturday in the Advertiser.
Could not let this chance go by to have a go at Wayne Saunders photo.
I always said he walked around with his eyes closed
Everyone else let me know what u think of the photo.
I would think i would get some funny comments back:)

I see LBU have made a big inclusion into their side, N Kortum named on the interchange. He may just be the spark they need to get their season back on track.

I see LBU have made a big inclusion into their side, N Kortum named on the interchange. He may just be the spark they need to get their season back on track.

I see one B Mundie named on the wing for LBU also. One last hurrah perhaps.

Tips for this week:

White Hills comprehensively over Huntly
Broadford narrowly over Elmore
Mounts by a couple over Heathcote
North Bendigo at the kennel over LBU

How good this rain lads? I know it's gunna make for some not so pretty games across the state this weekend, but have enjoyed a day off today and it hasn't stopped :)

HDFL DUNNY TALK ROUND 11

After a cold, wet and windy week we could be in for some scrappy games played this weekend which will come down to who wants it most.

At Ramsay Street Neighbours White HIlls host Huntly. The Demons have been getting plenty of long delivery into key forwards from players such as Peter 'bread' Angove and Christian 'pretzel dick' Sargeant meaning the Hawks must put on a flood bigger than Gippsland to prevent being blown away.:rolleyes:

The Roos and the red hot Elmore should be a ripper of a contest down at Broadford. Forward long John Taylor was in top form last week in front of goals with the only disappointment being he didnt take to the field in a batman mask. Up the other end Elmore have a handy forward in Rob Hayestuckerbag who must be getting nervous that scorpian crawling up his leg will take off his nuts. This game will be won in the guts and sheepdogs Fev, Grant and Kay will do what they do best and run for 4 quarters getting elmore over the line.;)

Heathcote will need to climb the Mountain of Pleasant to get a needed 4 points. Griffen brothers Chris and Stewie have been impressive and if one goes down watch out for the other one. The saints will need to get back the red, white and black spirit with Steve 'horn' Travaglia the red, Tom 'pink panther' Tobin the White and Mick 'clown' Ring the Black i think they will do just that.:thumbsu:

Two teams that wont be playing finals LBU and the Dogs should also be a great contest with both sides desperate for a win for their supporters. Tugboats Ben 'margaret' Thatcher and Nathan 'free' Hicks will be desperate to pull Charlie 'pasha bulker' Smythe up the ground away from goal. If they can do this North will win.:D

Tip of the week: Save the cheerleader, save the world!

How good this rain lads? I know it's gunna make for some not so pretty games across the state this weekend, but have enjoyed a day off today and it hasn't stopped :)

Yer still going strong up this way too.
Wouldn't be ideal for your young side I wouldn't think Doona and Grant and Westley will be worth gold in these conditions.

Fantom's tips this week

Hills by 15 goals
Mounts by 41 points
Elmore by 21 points
North by 7 points

On another subject,
A purely hypothetical "Fantom" question to all on this forum.
If a junior football club had enough kids to field an "A grade" side and a "B grade" side in the same age group and in the same competition, Would you guys consider it "ethical" or "In the spirit of the game" to have one of your best regular "A grade" players play on a Saturday in your "A" side and then play for your "B" side the very next day, helping to potentially get that side over the line in a crunch game and keep them in the finals race over other teams that are unlucky enough to be able to field one team only.
Remember this is "Hypothetical" and "Junior football"

Over to you

Fantom:(

Fantom's tips this week

Hills by 15 goals
Mounts by 41 points
Elmore by 21 points
North by 7 points

On another subject,
A purely hypothetical "Fantom" question to all on this forum.
If a junior football club had enough kids to field an "A grade" side and a "B grade" side in the same age group and in the same competition, Would you guys consider it "ethical" or "In the spirit of the game" to have one of your best regular "A grade" players play on a Saturday in your "A" side and then play for your "B" side the very next day, helping to potentially get that side over the line in a crunch game and keep them in the finals race over other teams that are unlucky enough to be able to field one team only.
Remember this is "Hypothetical" and "Junior football"

Over to you

Fantom:(

Actually you already said it...it is junior Footy where there is no money and no main reason to play other than for the love and learning of the sport...lets not show them at a young age how sh it the politics can be for the sake of a win because they will get enough of the sh it stuff when they play with the big boys. He wouldn't be taking someone else's spot for this second run would he?! Because that would be the wrong message wouldn't it?:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Unless they are paying him and then they could get their money's worth out of him!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fantom are you sure that it is junior football that you are "hypothetically" talking about???

Andy I presume this sort of thing happens at senior level occassionally with the one's and two's. At no stage with my "hypothetical" were I referring to any senior football club. My concern is that this practice may sneak in or "perhaps" has already snuck in at junior level and I am interested in other peoples views on whether it is fair and ethical or whether it would be considered detrimental to junior football development. As I said, Fantom stresses his comments are of a hypothetical and what if? scenario. (whew, that should stop anyone taking my house).

Fantom :(:(

I don't want that one. I want that one!

Stopped yet Doona? Had an absolute pultis of the wet stuff this arvo in Heathcote. The ground will be the worst it's been for twenty years tomorrow, Roota will need some convincing that it's not a bog heap all the time!!

Stopped yet Doona? Had an absolute pultis of the wet stuff this arvo in Heathcote. The ground will be the worst it's been for twenty years tomorrow, Roota will need some convincing that it's not a bog heap all the time!!

Reckon it stopped about 15 minutes ago down ere, Id say we'll be on a heavy 10 tomorrow :thumbsu:

Andy I presume this sort of thing happens at senior level occassionally with the one's and two's. At no stage with my "hypothetical" were I referring to any senior football club. My concern is that this practice may sneak in or "perhaps" has already snuck in at junior level and I am interested in other peoples views on whether it is fair and ethical or whether it would be considered detrimental to junior football development. As I said, Fantom stresses his comments are of a hypothetical and what if? scenario. (whew, that should stop anyone taking my house).

Fantom :(:(

I don't want that one. I want that one!

Make's you wonder if some of these blokes have a brain, Fantom:thumbsu:

Hey roota any truth in the story that you can soar like an eagle but you land like a Dodo? Also was your nickname in Swan Hill FIGJAM???:thumbsu:

Everyone got their money's worth, At the H/cote, Mounts game
Not to much to report only it was great game to watch.
O""" their was one thing on everyone's lips after the game.
Dan what was Rob Rojewski in your eye about,I said to one supporter
Rob kept on telling Dan their is no grass growing on the ground
So Dan gave Rob a close up look of the oval.
Dan RWB said next time you do that could you please replace the divot:)

Everyone got their money's worth, At the H/cote, Mounts game
Not to much to report only it was great game to watch.
O""" their was one thing on everyone's lips after the game.
Dan what was Rob Rojewski in your eye about,I said to one supporter
Rob kept on telling Dan their is no grass growing on the ground
So Dan gave Rob a close up look of the oval.
Dan RWB said next time you do that could you please replace the divot:)

Been waiting for you, Very Very poor effort not staying around last night.
For the 82 reuion.You go on about RWB not getting a leave pass you take the cake:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back