Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of spare time without a game to play today but eagerly anticipating the game at onion grsass park tomorrow. Hopefully Broady will claim the brick changerooms due to their superior ladder position. The game has to take match of the week status due to fate that befalls the loser. Broady will be clearly out to exact a revenge after the 5 goal defeat in the fiery clash nearly a month ago and will be going in with a slighty different line up due to suspensions and injury. A bit more 'ink' and experience in the ranks should bring about the balance and drive to secure the win for the rooboys. All the best to both sides.

I heard that the 'Weekly Times' will again be attending the game to capture proceedings.

Bit of spare time without a game to play today but eagerly anticipating the game at onion grsass park tomorrow. Hopefully Broady will claim the brick changerooms due to their superior ladder position. The game has to take match of the week status due to fate that befalls the loser. Broady will be clearly out to exact a revenge after the 5 goal defeat in the fiery clash nearly a month ago and will be going in with a slighty different line up due to suspensions and injury. A bit more 'ink' and experience in the ranks should bring about the balance and drive to secure the win for the rooboys. All the best to both sides.

I heard that the 'Weekly Times' will again be attending the game to capture proceedings.

and hopefully they will have some decent umpires that actually umpire both teams, not just one!

Just got back from Elmore and it appears that the league have taken Huntly's final off them next Saturday. Even though rain is forecast this week & Huntly have organised a water truck and a private dam to flood it as well. This could be the final nail in the coffin for the hawks and is nothing more than "kick em while their down" mentality and surprise surprise the extra final goes to........Mt Pleasant.

It appears as if the grand final race is a three-horse one now.

While in the past it has been extremely foolish to write off Mounts from the flag, they cannot win this year's HDFL premiership.
The race is now between Colbo, Elmore, and either Broadford or Heathcote. I'm tipping the Roos in a tight one tomorrow. Should be a ripper!

Colbinabbin 24.17 (157) d
Mount Pleasant 12.12 (84).

Goals (C): S. Hill 6; D. Irwin, J. Weppner 4; L. Jacobs 3; L. Hill 2; J. Brown, R. Doak, C. Ladd, D. Lock, B. Millar.
Best: S. Hill, Lock, Jacobs, Millar, S. Dishon, T. Hill.

Just got back from Elmore and it appears that the league have taken Huntly's final off them next Saturday. Even though rain is forecast this week & Huntly have organised a water truck and a private dam to flood it as well. This could be the final nail in the coffin for the hawks and is nothing more than "kick em while their down" mentality and surprise surprise the extra final goes to........Mt Pleasant.

Well when they put a key in the ground and it bends what do you want them to do? All finals should be played at the best grounds and Huntly's is far from that.

Wasnt the best footy today. All games a blow out, LBU in the 3rds by 14 goals, Mounts in the 2s by 10 goals and Colbo in the 1s by 12 goals and it could of been more if Silly kicked a bit straighter. It was good to see Shae Griffen have a dip at Laddy on the wing, most entertaining thing for the whole day.

Whats wrong with HJ, carrying the water today. Not sure about the colbo 2s, young Hilly was in there and he was clearly a class above! Also see young Will Hayes and Easty in there, havnt they played mostly in the 1s (in Will's cas the 1s and 3rds)?

Doona, I was reading in the yabba that you may call up a few 2s in Skip and co. What are the chances of Skip and O'Bree going at it?

I think it will be a Elmore v Colbo granny but I'd love to see the young Roo's side take it out.

I see the Prelim is at Locki, there ground isn't any better, if not worse.

You have got to be joking, our ground is in great nic, prob 3rd best in the league behind Colbo and Elmore. Full grass cover and only a little hard under foot. I played at Huntly 2nd last round and woke up the day after with scratches all up my legs from the sand! and the goal squares and CHF areas havnt got any green stuff and its very very hard under foot.

Huntly may not have the best ground at the minute but i just heard they are talking to one of the all time best coaches to grace the Heathcote league in ... Buster Alford. Word has it that he and his 19 year old son and his very talented mates are heading out to Huntly to the tune of $15,000... if they make the finals (not win the granny, just make the first final) he gets $25,000...apparently a very wealthy local businessman is backing them, and they have got alot of cash floating around not in the bank account. What do you boys think of their chances for 2008.

Huntly may not have the best ground at the minute but i just heard they are talking to one of the all time best coaches to grace the Heathcote league in ... Buster Alford. Word has it that he and his 19 year old son and his very talented mates are heading out to Huntly to the tune of $15,000... if they make the finals (not win the granny, just make the first final) he gets $25,000...apparently a very wealthy local businessman is backing them, and they have got alot of cash floating around not in the bank account. What do you boys think of their chances for 2008.
i have played under dale at huntly he is not going to solve the problem. He had plenty of money last time he coached at huntly and got no were.

Wasnt the best footy today. All games a blow out, LBU in the 3rds by 14 goals, Mounts in the 2s by 10 goals and Colbo in the 1s by 12 goals and it could of been more if Silly kicked a bit straighter. It was good to see Shae Griffen have a dip at Laddy on the wing, most entertaining thing for the whole day.

Whats wrong with HJ, carrying the water today. Not sure about the colbo 2s, young Hilly was in there and he was clearly a class above! Also see young Will Hayes and Easty in there, havnt they played mostly in the 1s (in Will's cas the 1s and 3rds)?

Doona, I was reading in the yabba that you may call up a few 2s in Skip and co. What are the chances of Skip and O'Bree going at it?

I think it will be a Elmore v Colbo granny but I'd love to see the young Roo's side take it out.
well corto u got ur wish i did end up on obree to old farts together in the end our match uo didnt have a bearing on the outcome. our boys at times took their eye of the footy in contested situations and to heathcotes full credit they were much harder at it good learning curve though for our young boys who played in a first senior final.... hopefully our twos and third go a little better:thumbsu:

well corto u got ur wish i did end up on obree to old farts together in the end our match uo didnt have a bearing on the outcome. our boys at times took their eye of the footy in contested situations and to heathcotes full credit they were much harder at it good learning curve though for our young boys who played in a first senior final.... hopefully our twos and third go a little better:thumbsu:
what an absolute disgrace our league executives are.. how the hell do mounts and elmore get two finals.. what is this league coming to the rich get richer and bugger the struggling clubs.. this weekend coming mounts get another final at home and it just happens their firsts and second get to play home finals after hosting sundays finals what about the other clubs.. you can say some grounds are hard but if it was during the season and we are playing for premiership points teams would have to play there...why dont we just play the home and away season at clbo mounts and elmore..........what a joke:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what an absolute disgrace our league executives are.. how the hell do mounts and elmore get two finals.. what is this league coming to the rich get richer and bugger the struggling clubs.. this weekend coming mounts get another final at home and it just happens their firsts and second get to play home finals after hosting sundays finals what about the other clubs.. you can say some grounds are hard but if it was during the season and we are playing for premiership points teams would have to play there...why dont we just play the home and away season at clbo mounts and elmore..........what a joke:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I think you willfind colbo and elmore play at tooleen on saturday! Mounts play heathcote at elmore on sunday so they dont get a home ground advantage.

Mounts are hosting the 2nd semi final due to the spare final due to Huntly's surface being deemed not up to scratch. There seniors won't play a home final they will play at Elmore on Sunday. I would say it is highly unlikely that both those clubs will get a final next year.

Mounts are hosting the 2nd semi final due to the spare final due to Huntly's surface being deemed not up to scratch. There seniors won't play a home final they will play at Elmore on Sunday. I would say it is highly unlikely that both those clubs will get a final next year.
the main point im trying to make is the clubs such as mounts get another final played at their ground so canteen and other funds get to be raised for their clubs there was another large crowd at mounts yesterday and im tipping against elmore and colbo this saturday it will be even bigger.... keep the money rolling in hey no wonder they can buy flags:thumbsdown:

why can't finals be played at the better grounds and have other clubs run the event. eg- have huntly co-ordinate the final at Toolleen this Sat. a hell of a lot of work goes into running a final and the mounts and elmore supporters are probably just as rapt to be spending their weekend in a pie van again this weekend as huntly are to not be getting the extra money.

my main point is due to huntlys ground being so called not up to scratch mounts get another final at their home ground so yhey can have the opportunity to raise more funds for their club through raffles and canteen etc and if you think mounts wont get a final next year ur kidding yourself..keep the money rolling in hey... no wonder they can buy flags:thumbsdown:

my main point is due to huntlys ground being so called not up to scratch mounts get another final at their home ground so yhey can have the opportunity to raise more funds for their club through raffles and canteen etc and if you think mounts wont get a final next year ur kidding yourself..keep the money rolling in hey... no wonder they can buy flags:thumbsdown:

Exactly right PF, why not give the extra final to Broadford Locky or Heathcote???

Mounts didn't host a final last season for a start and the other point is if you think a couple of grand made by hosting a final is going to decide next seasons Premiers your sadly mistaken. I don't mind the idea of other clubs running the catering at someone else's ground but if thats the case you might as well do it in at Eaglehawk where the surface and facilities for fans are much better.

Exactly right PF, why not give the extra final to Broadford Locky or Heathcote???

they dont play extra finals here(locky heathcote and broady) becuase they are deemed to be not central enough for the league and dont think numbers will get there. if was up to the league they would play all finals in central locations but due to unfortunate ground condition of bendigo grounds they have given the extra finals to mounts and elmore.

Well when they put a key in the ground and it bends what do you want them to do? All finals should be played at the best grounds and Huntly's is far from that.

I think you missed the point that Huntly had water organised for this week??? Consultation is what was lacking in this whole process, no one from Huntly has been asked "what are you doing about your ground" the final was simply taken from them to line the pockets of another club. Someone suggested that Huntly run the final at Mounts, what a logistic nightmare, why not run it at White Hills, a week of recycled water would bring Scott St up to scratch. I understand that the league has said that Huntly can have the final next year...unfortunatley that is what they said last year and this may be too late for the Hawks. :thumbsdown:

I think you missed the point that Huntly had water organised for this week??? Consultation is what was lacking in this whole process, no one from Huntly has been asked "what are you doing about your ground" the final was simply taken from them to line the pockets of another club. Someone suggested that Huntly run the final at Mounts, what a logistic nightmare, why not run it at White Hills, a week of recycled water would bring Scott St up to scratch. I understand that the league has said that Huntly can have the final next year...unfortunatley that is what they said last year and this may be too late for the Hawks. :thumbsdown:

No I think you missed the point. Hosting a 1st semi-final is not going to make your club win a premiership. Having sub-standard facilities won't help either. We are still in a drought and grounds are hard. Players in our league don't make a living out of footy, they have to work during the week, so someone who is a tradey or whatever puts their job at risk if they break a wrist or something on a rock-hard surface. Lets use some common sense and showcase our league by playing on the best surfaces with the best facilities.

its plain and simple. what happens on feild and off huntly will never be a force while they are in the heathcote league. they the league dont want them in the competition. This is just another slap in the face for huntly and shows you the league could not give a rats arse about them.

No I think you missed the point. Hosting a 1st semi-final is not going to make your club win a premiership. Having sub-standard facilities won't help either. We are still in a drought and grounds are hard. Players in our league don't make a living out of footy, they have to work during the week, so someone who is a tradey or whatever puts their job at risk if they break a wrist or something on a rock-hard surface. Lets use some common sense and showcase our league by playing on the best surfaces with the best facilities.[/quote]

Dont really wanna flog a dead horse, but mounts facilities wouldnt rate up there with the best facilities, would they? away rooms for a start and even the home rooms are small. At least the showers have a concrete floor. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back