Help - 7 year old is barracking for Carlton .

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Help - 7 year old is barracking for the Scum.

Harry Potter is a Tiger Supporter :D

250px-Painting_of_a_tiger.jpg

This painting depicted a tiger. It was hung at Hogwarts Castle in the 1990s, on the seventh-floor level of the Grand Staircase, among portraits of other animals such as a hippopotamus, a caged monkey and an elephant.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)

No, no, no people, you've got it all wrong. I believe if you watch a movie called "A Clockwork Orange" the solution may be there somewhere (a scene involving a movie projector). If this doesn't work, actually let her talk to a random Carlton supporter, that'll turn her off for life surely.

I have to say I was a little worried when you said watch "Clockwork Orange". I thought that you were going to get the reddest of red cards ever :D

Personally I would tell the little girl that she can barrack for whoever she likes and then inform her that only Richmond supporters are allowed in the house.... Just saw somebody else said this.... so yeah I agree

Who is her favourite player?

We'll try work something out.
There we go, Richmond to the rescue.
All she needs is a signed picture and shes hooked.

Richmond, the family club.

Just explain to her that the footy is like a story. In the AFL Carlton are considered the bad guys who cheat and full of criminals and Richmond are the under dog who's trying to come up and beat the odds.

Pretty sure she's not homophobic so that won't work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure she's not homophobic so that won't work.
Tell her Marc Murphy is the devil, and if you worship Carlton you will die a firey death, and go to hell till the end of time....

That should scare her to the Tigers :D

Buy her a membership give her a link to the club my younger two kids cherish theirs and go to the family day so she can meet the players.

Ah, let her go. Having 2 from each club in the family will make it more interesting at the dinner table. It'll stop you all going too feral/loony from supporting only one club.

Gotta agree here.

I was the youngest in my family of 5 with dad poaching the first two as hawks. In the spirit of fairness I balanced out the numbers (the best you can with 5:p) and chose Mum's Tigers.

When I look at one team families I find them boring. Normally the reason their one team is because one spouse doesn't really care for footy and just goes along with it. When you get two sets of passionate supporters and split the kids it gives you a special game to watch, your own rivalry and more balanced football discussion than a family full of biased supporters pumping up a team.

Who knows what would've happened to Mum if I didn't barrack for Richmond. Let your mum have this one I say. :thumbsu:

Take her and sit in the Carlton members or carlton cheer-squad for the day....

Take her and sit in the Carlton members or carlton cheer-squad for the day....

Sage advice. I took my boys to see games involving the Pies, Hawks, Blues and Bombers from a very young age. They now hate them as passionately as I do. The down side is that because we went to games with smaller, kid-friendly crowds (e.g. vs. interstate sides) they're not all Tigers either, but there are some clubs that I can tolerate them supporting if they can't be Tigers.

just break her legs...
That's harsh!!

Break one leg........girls gotta walk:D

Seriously, try and keep it subliminal. You know if you try and tell kids to do one thing, they usually do the opposite. keep talking up the tigers and what a shame it will be for her to miss out on that stuff.

seriously though wtf is a blue? What kind of mascot is that and yea like dwainno said keep the posts going

Remove this Banner Ad

Help - 7 year old is barracking for Carlton .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back