• Nathan Broad

• Tyler Sonsie

• Sam Banks

• Seth Campbell

• Ben Miller

• Jacob Blight

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is my point Waca they were there and they were hopeless. TT is a horrible user of the ball by hand or foot and creates more problems than adding to the team. I saw Hopper with my own eyes burst 3 times out of congestion take at least 3 steps not look and turn it straight over by foot without looking.
Both of these guys are terrible footballers and they have diabolical skills that will continue to kill us for years to come. people have to understand that when we possess the ball we must use it effectively. Embarrassingly we have no less than a dozen players that are shocking kicks and cant handball either. It is literally unbelievable how badly skilled we are. You cannot win many games of AFL with the players we have.
Might as well fold the club.

Might as well fold the club.
always sunny vote GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The "Fairtrade for Bolton" match ... Shai should be up for this one!

As a package, have look at Sam Sturt but the trade has to come with a plus. That plus is the Dockers Strength and Conditioning Team or

Sturt plus (Softpies) first round.
I would take just 1 late first round for Bolton if Freo paid out the Louie contract.

This is my point Waca they were there and they were hopeless. TT is a horrible user of the ball by hand or foot and creates more problems than adding to the team. I saw Hopper with my own eyes burst 3 times out of congestion take at least 3 steps not look and turn it straight over by foot without looking.
Both of these guys are terrible footballers and they have diabolical skills that will continue to kill us for years to come. people have to understand that when we possess the ball we must use it effectively. Embarrassingly we have no less than a dozen players that are shocking kicks and cant handball either. It is literally unbelievable how badly skilled we are. You cannot win many games of AFL with the players we have.
I have re watched some of our good quarters this year and believe it or not but Ross is one of the better and more composed heads when he is in the guts and at the contest. Him missing is really hurting us.

I would like the MC to actually give rotations between the inside mids but always look to have a classy user in there as well. We can't have TT, Hopper and Baker/McAulife/Dow/Prestia in the centre every time. The Coaching staff should look at it and say it is 2 inside mids and an outsider like Sonsie or Shai that will be in the guts at all time unless we really need to try and stifle the run on.

As I type this post and think on the run, the Coaching staff need to teach and practice what I call "Lockdown Centre Contests". If a side gets a run on like Carlton were yesterday, our goal shouldn't be to try and win a clean clearance for ourselves but to actually force a second or even third ball up so we can get set up and push numbers back. Try and stifle the 6-6-6 with that second ball up.

The days of mids getting the ball in the contest and just banging it on the boot are gone. We need mids who can get the ball hold onto it and flick out a "Carlton throw" to the open teammate while they are being tackled. Same goes with our Ruckman, they need to give out a handpass.

It's not just Hopper and TT though, Baker is also a major culprit of just banging it on the foot out of a stoppage.

Give the open midfielder more time to deliver a quality pass inside 50.

Last edited:
I’d be sending lynch graham prestia off for surgery and play the kids at least we might achieve something getting the games into them as opposed to the r23 free for all
Yeah, bonus action it gets us pick 1. Literally no point playing veteran roleplayers in kids spots atm.

The days of mids getting the ball in the contest and just banging it on the boot are gone. We need mids who can get the ball hold onto it and flick out a "Carlton throw" to the open teammate while they are being tackled. Same goes with our Ruckman, they need to give out a handpass.

It's not just Hopper and TT though, Baker is also a major culprit of just banging it on the foot out of a stoppage.

I really think the Captaincy needs to be taken from Nank and given to another player so he can get back to his aggressive style. I have a feeling that the commentary around him giving away a lot of frees and being too aggressive for a captain has got into the back of his mind. We need the player with the aggression that buried Whitfield into the G in 17.

This is where we have to draft mids that are good ball users, noticed this too, they ripped us apart when their mids got space , we can't afford
These hack kicks and hope for the best
Need to punish the opposition once we get space

I really think the Captaincy needs to be taken from Nank and given to another player so he can get back to his aggressive style. I have a feeling that the commentary around him giving away a lot of frees and being too aggressive for a captain has got into the back of his mind. We need the player with the aggression that buried Whitfield into the G in 17.

I'd give the captaincy to Rioli.

It’s actually not where we’re smashed considering we were sq on clearances and -6 contested , we broke down across HF , was absolute $&$& garbage our inability to compete
When they kicked away in the third quarter they were dominating centre clearances, several times running straight towards goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. Every team has turnovers but most happen kicking long to a wing or bombing forward. Ours happen in the corridor as we're flooding forward. Completely unforced duff kicks or handballs directed straight to oppo. It's basically a locked in goal back the other way every time. Not only does it hurt on the scoreboard it breaks the players spirits. You know who the culprits are.
Exactly right. Why would you run forward hard when you know there is going to be a turnover and you will be forced to run back defensively with no hope of stopping the inevitable shot on goal. To really commit to attacking you need trust in your teammates not to stuff up.

I have re watched some of our good quarters this year and believe it or not but Ross is one of the better and more composed heads when he is in the guts and at the contest. Him missing is really hurting us.

I would like the MC to actually give rotations between the inside mids but always look to have a classy user in there as well. We can't have TT, Hopper and Baker/McAulife/Dow/Prestia in the centre every time. The Coaching staff should look at it and say it is 2 inside mids and an outsider like Sonsie or Shai that will be in the guts at all time unless we really need to try and stifle the run on.

As I type this post and think on the run, the Coaching staff need to teach and practice what I call "Lockdown Centre Contests". If a side gets a run on like Carlton were yesterday, our goal shouldn't be to try and win a clean clearance for ourselves but to actually force a second or even third ball up so we can get set up and push numbers back. Try and stifle the 6-6-6 with that second ball up.
Two really good points. Totally agree

Spot on with the lockdown stuff, a lot of that gets taught in one of the earliest ‘strategic’ lessons in junior footy these days. If you’re getting whalloped in the middle, put a god damn arm across someone at the stoppage and stop the flow. Once you’ve halted that adrenaline and momentum, then you can be a bit more proactive.

This actually drives me absolutely wild. Go back over alllll our losses this year and in almost every one there is a period of 15 mins in a game where the oppo puts up 5-6 goals. Happens every week

Our midfielders including Hopper and Taranto were easily beaten by Blues midfield. If they were defenders you wouldnt say they were in our best.

Poor recruitment. Neither Taranto nor Hopper quick enough. I think only one can start in centre circle.
Both are quick enough just the whole club is scared to run lest they pop the Meehan hammy

Back