Herald Sun: King (Ruck) - VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard that too - that the VFL game is the curtain-raiser and they would make the decision on Sunday. I thought they would be obliged to name him in the senior list earlier than this - if he is fit.:confused:

Of the seven players named on the Cats' interchange bench, only ruckman Mark Blake wasn't also named in Geelong's VFL team.

However, former captain Steven King, who was named as first ruckman in the AFL squad, was also named in the VFL team, suggesting he might make way for Ottens if it comes down to balancing the number of talls in the side.
-Addy

Ottens and King both named in the Vfl. Can assume if Ottens fit he'll play,if not King will play,either way Blake will play in the seniors.

My mail from someone down at the club is that it's a decoy naming King in the VFL ......Blake is actually the one who won't play due to injury sustained last week (remember when he limped off).

Pretty pointless from the club to play these mind games. The VFL game is right before the AFL game. Kangas are going to know that morning whether King is playing or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i believe if you check the VFL team ( i might be wrong) you will find all the players named on our bench listed. I dont think it means anything as they do this everyweek i think

EDIT: i mean from our extended squad released last night

Is King listed in the 18 for the VFL? If so, what trouble will we get in if he ends up playing seniors? just a fine?

Nope no fine. For Sunday games we can list up to 7 players in the bench list, who also may be listed in the VFL team.

Saturday morning is when the full team must be named.

I hope King does get left out tomorrow. It rained pretty solidly here pretty much non-stop from 8pm last night until the small hours of the morning, and with more rain predicted for today, it'll most likely be very heavy going underfoot tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun: King (Ruck) - VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back