Heritage Round

Remove this Banner Ad

I want us to wear the gold & black State of Origin jumper from the 70's.

I am worried that a lot of kids out there with no knowledge of football history will mistakenly think it's an eagle jumper.

We must reclaim that iconic jumper away from the slimy clutches of the Toast for the good of WA football.:thumbsu:

The West Coast Eagles came into the competition to represent WA football, hence why we got to pick from some of the great WA talent playing in the WAFL. Representing the state is apart of the Eagles history.

Now, lets relate that to South and East fremantle, it's the same situation. The Fremantle Dockers are neither, but have worn both guernseys. There are plenty of South/East Fremantle fans that do not like the Dockers so hate seeing you wear those every year. It's exactly the same. Fremantle football is still apart of your history, just as Western Australian football is apart of ours.

I'm quite happy that Freo plays the Swans in Sydney each year, I'm moving back to Sydney in the next couple of months so at least I'll catch one Freo game a year live.

The West Coast Eagles came into the competition to represent WA football, hence why we got to pick from some of the great WA talent playing in the WAFL. Representing the state is apart of the Eagles history.

Now, lets relate that to South and East fremantle, it's the same situation. The Fremantle Dockers are neither, but have worn both guernseys. There are plenty of South/East Fremantle fans that do not like the Dockers so hate seeing you wear those every year. It's exactly the same. Fremantle football is still apart of your history, just as Western Australian football is apart of ours.

Front running traitors don't count. ;)

So WA football is not a part of Freo's football history?

There'd be a fair few people out there who'd claim that Fremantle IS WA footy history.

Fremantle has just as much right to "honour" that SOO jumper as do WCE.

For WCE to misappropriate it as its own (resplendent in SGIO signage) is a disgrace.

So WA football is not a part of Freo's football history?

There'd be a fair few people out there who'd claim that Fremantle IS WA footy history.

Fremantle has just as much right to "honour" that SOO jumper as do WCE.

For WCE to misappropriate it as its own (resplendent in SGIO signage) is a disgrace.

Of course WA football is apart of fremantles history. I would not be against you wearing it.

Last years heritage round was about the 70's. The West Coast Eagles history is coming into an expanding competition to represent WA Football. Fremantles was not.

The Eagles never tried to take this guernsey as their own, everyone knows it is a state of origin guernsey that represents WA and the WAFL. That's exactly what the Eagles were brought in the competition to do.

The same can be said "for Fremantle to misappropriate it (South/Easts guernseys) as its own (resplendent in LG signage)" is a disgrace.

Of course WA football is apart of fremantles history. I would not be against you wearing it.

Last years heritage round was about the 70's. The West Coast Eagles history is coming into an expanding competition to represent WA Football. Fremantles was not.

The Eagles never tried to take this guernsey as their own, everyone knows it is a state of origin guernsey that represents WA and the WAFL. That's exactly what the Eagles were brought in the competition to do.

The same can be said "for Fremantle to misappropriate it (South/Easts guernseys) as its own (resplendent in LG signage)" is a disgrace.

FFC don't and have never worn a Souths guernsey. It's the defunct Fremantle football club of the 1880's strip that is worn.

Freo didn't want to wear the EFFC 1979 strip but were forced to due to the AFL's dumb heritage round scheduling in 2007 and 2008.

I didn't think they were having it this year, thought they were calling it the Tom Wills Game and just having Melbourne & Geelong were heritage numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Heritage Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Back