Hey Hawks, guess what!

Remove this Banner Ad

That is all just false. If ever ive seen a biased opinion
how so? would you care to elaborate.

how many tackles do you see judd lay each game? have you ever seen him shepherd a teammate? these team oriented parts of the game are not one of judd's strength, yet these 'little' things are required to be a complete footballer, something that i think hodge is closer to than judd.

there is no doubt that judd's strengths are exceptional, breaking tackles, pace out of contested situations, etc.

brownlows are great and all, but really they are only an individual umpires award......not the pinnacle of a footballers career. the best players don't usually win one...carey, ablett, matthews, lockett etc.

how so? would you care to elaborate.

how many tackles do you see judd lay each game? have you ever seen him shepherd a teammate? these team oriented parts of the game are not one of judd's strength, yet these 'little' things are required to be a complete footballer, something that i think hodge is closer to than judd.

there is no doubt that judd's strengths are exceptional, breaking tackles, pace out of contested situations, etc.

brownlows are great and all, but really they are only an individual umpires award......not the pinnacle of a footballers career. the best players don't usually win one...carey, ablett, matthews, lockett etc.

The brownlow medal is often referred to as the midfielders medal. That is because that is what it is. It is usually given to the best midfielder in the competition for that year. That is why players such as Carey, Ablett and Lockett dont recieve the honours. There is no doubt that they are just as good it's just the umpires don't notice them as much.
Judd and Hodge are both midfielders therefore they are "legible" to win the award. Judd has won one, Hodge has not.

so how about you tell me what hodge has ever done,your theory basicly seems to be that hodge is better than judd because judd playes in a better side, so you are the idiot

the bottom line is that hodge has not achieved anything of significance and judd has

dont underestimate what a top player can do for a side,a top player can definatly win a game of their own boot

you still cant tell me what hodges injuiry was so i take it that you are just making it up

whats this about hawthorn playing badly that night? they played to their true potential that night,north did beat them by 6 goals down in tassie and they did finish higher on the ladder than hawthorn.Also hawthorn didnt do that well in the second half of the year against the better sides,they did well in the first half while other sides were still warming up but in all the return matches against good sides they strugled.Out of all the teams in the finals adelaide was the weaksest and they could only manage to beat them of the last kick of the day

I didnt once say that Hodge is a better player, i dont know where you got that from. Judd is clearly the better player and there is no denying that. I just dont think one player has the ability to turn games as much as you think they do. Especially not get them from one end of the ladder to the other.

As for the Kangaroos game, in my eyes it was one of the worst standard of games of the season. The Kangaroos won merely because Hawthorn played worse than them.

The brownlow medal is often referred to as the midfielders medal. That is because that is what it is. It is usually given to the best midfielder in the competition for that year. That is why players such as Carey, Ablett and Lockett dont recieve the honours. There is no doubt that they are just as good it's just the umpires don't notice them as much.
Judd and Hodge are both midfielders therefore they are "legible" to win the award. Judd has won one, Hodge has not.

Well said. :thumbsu:

You totally stuffed your agrugument there! :D

Oh how amusing Tassie supporters are.

Hey buddy...your joke of tassie supporters being very dumb, and bagging us bout going to tasmania, well if u didnt know dumb ass melbourne (chocker team) hawthorn is getting 5 million over 5 years for playing 4 games a yr in tassie....

maybe you could stop the homo jokes, and admit that ur jealous about how hawthoorn is making money, and is going places in the future...
where is melbourne going with the worst attendance record in 2007?

and also what about ur awesome facilites down at a cricket ground, while you keep bagging me bout tassie you guys have the worst facilites by far...but i guess the worst team in the afl deserve that!!

So get over your stupid tassie jokes, because mate both u n i know that we are going down the right track, by having this deal with tasmania!!

Hey buddy...your joke of tassie supporters being very dumb, and bagging us bout going to tasmania, well if u didnt know dumb ass melbourne (chocker team) hawthorn is getting 5 million over 5 years for playing 4 games a yr in tassie....

maybe you could stop the homo jokes, and admit that ur jealous about how hawthoorn is making money, and is going places in the future...
where is melbourne going with the worst attendance record in 2007?

and also what about ur awesome facilites down at a cricket ground, while you keep bagging me bout tassie you guys have the worst facilites by far...but i guess the worst team in the afl deserve that!!

So get over your stupid tassie jokes, because mate both u n i know that we are going down the right track, by having this deal with tasmania!!
For a bloke who is in favour of going to Tassie you are pretty bloody precious about the subject. If you want to talk about the future then the future of MFC aint that bad either, our facilities won't be crap for too much longer.

Up to this point in their careers Judd has been better.
No one should deny this, not even the most one eyed Hawthorn supporter. And if they do say Hodge has been better they are kidding themselves.

But for all the Carlton supporters to start talking up how Judd is better than Hodge is stupid.
The fact of that matter is that Hodge at Hawthorn > Judd at Carlton.
Who knows how Judd will be after his surgery. Who knows how he'll be at Carlton where the focus of the opposition will be even greater than it was at WC. Who knows how he'll be without Dean Cox's sublime ruckwork.

Chris Judd at Carlton has achieved Zip.
Zilch.
Nothing.

I just think it's hilarious how all these Carlton supporters start spouting all this shit as soon as they get a decent player on their squad.
Worry about making finals first.
Give Judd a year in the Navy Blue. Then get back to us.

How do i keep getting worse and worse mate?

im only posting the truth....and u cant hack it!!

This truth you speak of has been mangled so much by your lame insults and putdowns that it is no longer recognisable. You know nothing about football so to make up for it you take every post and post negative shit about it. That is the definition of a troll... Troll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Hey Adelaide_Hawk, guess what!

I reckon Hodge's left foot kicking skills are a fair bit better than Judd's. That would be one area.
Hmmm. True there's one.
I'd also say that Leadership would be another, and when you're talking about two guys as good as this leadership can be a very big thing when comparing them.
I mean you have Luke Hodge on one hand who is committed to going the distance with Hawthorn. Who plays with emotion and an incredible camaraderie with his teammates. Then you have Chris Judd who basically just whores himself to the highest bidder and leaves his team in perhaps their toughest time.
Courage would be another quality which Luke bests Judd in.
Even Marking has never been one of Judd's strong points, something which Luke is much more profficient at.

I hate comparing these guys. They're both great players and both different players. They both have their strong points and their not so strong points. And the future will be interesting.

Hmmm. True there's one.
I'd also say that Leadership would be another, and when you're talking about two guys as good as this leadership can be a very big thing when comparing them.
I mean you have Luke Hodge on one hand who is committed to going the distance with Hawthorn. Who plays with emotion and an incredible camaraderie with his teammates. Then you have Chris Judd who basically just whores himself to the highest bidder and leaves his team in perhaps their toughest time.
Courage would be another quality which Luke bests Judd in.
Even Marking has never been one of Judd's strong points, something which Luke is much more profficient at.

I hate comparing these guys. They're both great players and both different players. They both have their strong points and their not so strong points. And the future will be interesting.

True that. Leadership isnt - become the captain of a side then ditch when the going gets tough. Not whats its all about really.

As for the left foot kicking i think judd has it over hodge in that department. Judd is amazing off his left, especially in front of goals.

True that. Leadership isnt - become the captain of a side then ditch when the going gets tough. Not whats its all about really.

As for the left foot kicking i think judd has it over hodge in that department. Judd is amazing off his left, especially in front of goals.
Well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree ;)

TBH I thought it would be common opinion across the AFL that Hodge's left was better than Judd's. I guess most people don't get to witness the devastating accuracy of Hodgey's left as often as a Hawthorn supporter does.
But I can safely say that it betters Judd's for power and pinpoint accuracy.

Judd on the run is as good as any though, especially running into goal as you said :thumbsu:

Well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree ;)

TBH I thought it would be common opinion across the AFL that Hodge's left was better than Judd's. I guess most people don't get to witness the devastating accuracy of Hodgey's left as often as a Hawthorn supporter does.
But I can safely say that it betters Judd's for power and pinpoint accuracy.

Judd on the run is as good as any though, especially running into goal as you said :thumbsu:

I havent seen much of Hodges left but if it truly does better Judd's then it must be pretty sensational. I guess you dont notice it as much when the player is just as good on the left as he is on the right. Both great players IMO, but surely Judd is the better player over all.

No way in any universe is Judd better on his left foot than Hodge.

I havent seen much of Hodges left but if it truly does better Judd's then it must be pretty sensational. I guess you dont notice it as much when the player is just as good on the left as he is on the right. Both great players IMO, but surely Judd is the better player over all.
I guess it depends on what you value in a player. Which of course varies from person to person.
In my honest opinion Hodge is the more complete player. He can do more of a variety of things than Judd.
Judd however is just such a freak in some areas that it takes him to the top, and to this point in their careers easily surpasses Hodge.
Judd relies hugely on his pace. Think about all the amazing things you've seen him do. Bursting through packs, prancing inside 50 to kick the goal, dodging defenders. When he loses his quick turn of speed and agility he'll lose a lot more of his effectiveness than most other players would.
Hodge has a great left foot. He tackles hard, marks well and can also kick goals. He is also much more physically imposing than Judd.
That's why I think in the long run when Judd has lost his pace, Hodge will be more effective for a greater length of time - because he doesn't really on the one thing as a heavily as Judd does.

I have no idea if the long winded diatribe I just wrote even makes sense in relation to your question :D
Oh well.

I guess it depends on what you value in a player. Which of course varies from person to person.
In my honest opinion Hodge is the more complete player. He can do more of a variety of things than Judd.
Judd however is just such a freak in some areas that it takes him to the top, and to this point in their careers easily surpasses Hodge.
Judd relies hugely on his pace. Think about all the amazing things you've seen him do. Bursting through packs, prancing inside 50 to kick the goal, dodging defenders. When he loses his quick turn of speed and agility he'll lose a lot more of his effectiveness than most other players would.
Hodge has a great left foot. He tackles hard, marks well and can also kick goals. He is also much more physically imposing than Judd.
That's why I think in the long run when Judd has lost his pace, Hodge will be more effective for a greater length of time - because he doesn't really on the one thing as a heavily as Judd does.

I have no idea if the long winded diatribe I just wrote even makes sense in relation to your question :D
Oh well.

Well said and i think most of what you said is completely true. There are definately aspects in which Hodge is better than Judd namely team loyalty, leadership etc.
I think your description of Judd would go under the category of Judd has more of an X-factor. He does those freaky things which no-one else can do, not even dream of.
It is possible that we will see a different Judd in years to come. He may lose his pace as you said. I think that would be the main danger for him if he wishes to continue playing good footy. We saw this year that he is no where near as damaging when he loses his pace (groin injury).
But i will hold to my word that Judd is the better player of the to.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Hawks, guess what!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back