Hogan worth

Remove this Banner Ad

Shouldn't you be off celebrating the fact that you finally, FINALLY landed your big fish, an injury-riddled and well past it Hannebery? It's not Fyfe, Neale, Martin or Kelly but hey, it's something right?
Mate, we’re rotten. No argument there.

I actually stuffed up and thought this was the main board thread on Hogan. Apologies for sticking my nose in the team thread.

The other thing annoying me... we are still throwing pick 11 for a guy who doesn’t want to be with us in Tim Kelly. Hogan is far more valuable ffs

Pavlich wasn't in the forward line too much in his first 4 years
Did you think that through before you posted it? I know the answer because you are clearly a moron so you don't need to reply.
Ummmmm you do know where Pavlich played early in his career don't you? Here's a hint - he was All Australian full back in 2002. In 2003 he was All Australian playing as a midfielder.
Pav had already been all Australian twice by the time he was Hogan's age.

If he comes back to eat his humble pie I'll be impressed.

So what natanui is an all Australian based purely on tapping, forget the fact he never marked or got the ball.... look at the stats not the awards

You've missed the point. Re-read the whole discussion.

You'll most likely get him purely because Melbourne don't really want him, and they'll cave.

We won't tho, the whole idea of trading him was to trade for May. If we can't satisfy GC demands it won't be happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we should cough up, for your convenience?

Not saying you should at all. Just saying we aren't as desperate to get rid of him as some people seem to suggest. Pick 11 won't satisfy GC so trading him is pointless.

You're also very obviously not desperate to keep him

How do you come to that conclusion? A player says he is open to a trade to a club that has been circling for 5 years. In preparation we get a trade ready with another club that would bring in another player. Going to the draft when you're firmly in the premiership window is pointless. We were simply preparing for what to do with the pick Freo seemed so desperate to give up for Hogan.

You guys stuffed up. Admit it. Good luck with Lobb and Manbun, though.

Not saying you should at all. Just saying we aren't as desperate to get rid of him as some people seem to suggest. Pick 11 won't satisfy GC so trading him is pointless.
Maybe if Brisbane let go of Beams they can give us something better for Lachie, then we can pass one of those picks on to Melbourne

You're also very obviously not desperate to keep him

If Weidman didn't come on like he did in the finals it wouldn't even be a conversation. Be he did and here we are. Just because we have an excessive amount of quality KPF doesn't mean we dont know how hard they are to find. Same as KPD, GC won't accept a lowball offer on May either, despite him being practically no chance of being there at the end of next year.

If we end up keeping Hogan we could always try him at CHB or FB ourselves.

Last edited:
My understanding is that Freo have ceased the due diligence process for Hogan. I might add that he has never come out and declared (like Shiel has and Wingard has) that he wants to be traded to Freo.

Freo were looking at a very high salary, there were obviously some red flags from the medical (despite reportedly passing) and then to add to it Freo advised that the price set by Melbourne which (everything I read was they wanted 5&6 or least 5&11&change; ie two first round picks).

Old Dazza Barrett, Tommy Morris and Shooter McClure are loving this - pulling out that Melbourne would have accepted 5&23. For a start we don’t have Pick 5, and are obviously convinced rightly or wrongly that we can talk Neale into staying.

I don’t know who started the 5&23 rumour. Probably the same person that started We rejected Brisbane’ offer of 5&24. I guess the truth will come out in due course.

I think people need to chill out and see what comes at the end of trade week.

I think s many of us are just so used to being shafted and bad decision making, it's hard to chill

How do you come to that conclusion? A player says he is open to a trade to a club that has been circling for 5 years. In preparation we get a trade ready with another club that would bring in another player. Going to the draft when you're firmly in the premiership window is pointless. We were simply preparing for what to do with the pick Freo seemed so desperate to give up for Hogan.

You guys stuffed up. Admit it. Good luck with Lobb and Manbun, though.

So you won't be able to do the May trade? Admit it - you stuffed up. I bet Hogan's really happy about you trying to offload him. And of course who would want a fit 60 goal a year key forward when they're contending for a premiership. That is what you were trying to sell us right?

Given Melbourne were insistent on two 1st round picks, the price was too much. Would have meant trading Neale to get the other, maybe missing out on Lobb and having no picks until the mid 20s at least.

Much better if we convince Lachie to stay if we can, get Lobb and wait another year for Hogan to be out of contract.

Adelaide circling Brisbane to get pick 5 now and get ahead of Port Adelaide. Would imagine Brisbane will only proceed if Neale is not happening.
I feel like there's very little hope of us retaining Neale - we need players who actually want to be with us

Maybe if Brisbane let go of Beams they can give us something better for Lachie, then we can pass one of those picks on to Melbourne

Personally i dont think this is done yet, still 5 days to go. CEO's love a Mexican standoff and waiting til the last minute trying to eek out as much value as possible.

Could it be that Jesse Hogan's foot is ok but it needs recovery time that means he'll miss a chunk of pre-season - enough to put him behind for a good deal of next season.

When you bring a player in that's going to change your forward structure, you need to have him training with the rest of the squad to work out how he's going to be best utilized.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back