Honanmr11's First Ever Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the Kersten and Boseley picks but agree with Gav that Sumner is the wrong type of mid for us, Adams or Greene would be perfect.

We need that inside leader/grunt type, we've recently drafted Hill, Morabito, Pitt as outside mids. We need somebody to get it to them.

I agree with what you're saying and I think you make a good point, but both Hill and Morabito have the ability to play inside and Fyfe, Barlow and Mundy are currently controlling the engine room. I think Pitt is more of a medium forward type player but he does have the ability to play an outside role.

Good job at the top end by going slightly different to others and realising that GWS are not likely to pick 9 mids in their first 14 picks and putting a few talls in there :thumbsu:

Do not agree totally with what you say about Greene, he may slide but their is nothing wrong with his athletic ability and has run on the ball all year for whoever he has played with and has had no problems doing it. Have seen him play a lot this year and the so called lack of athletic ability is a myth !
Lets face it, what do you need to be a good mid ?
Clean at ground level - tick
Good quick hands - tick
15 plus beep - tick
Cool under pressure - tick
good disposal - tick.
The biggest knock i have on him is the fact his kicking is only really short range and not overly strong over a distance.

I'm not denying that he has good athletic qualities, but some of the midfielders I have going higher are really great athletes and are a bit quicker than Greene. Greene has really great endurance, but so do a lot of the other mids so I think the clubs will opt for the players with the best athletic qualities. Also, most clubs have similar sorts of players to Greene, which might put them off a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Honanmr11's First Ever Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back