Hostage Situation - Martin Place, Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Whole different issue altogether why he wasn't locked up.

Everyone at the FP and ASIO busy having 8hr lunches for 19 years

EDIT - and when i said " removed from the equation " i didn't mean jail......

" a man has died in an apparent " gas-leak explosion " at his home in sydney's southwest......."

John sure had some guts to go for that green button.

Yep and especially more so when you do not know if it will even work.

Life and death situations though totally change people.

Yep and especially more so when you do not know if it will even work.

Life and death situations though totally change people.
I think it's all dependent on what position the keyswitch was on. I'm guessing it was left on one with the power on.

I think it's all dependent on what position the keyswitch was on. I'm guessing it was left on one with the power on.

He was also trying to ask the female worker/waitress ( Elly ) if the button worked and she said she did not know so it was even more of a risk to go for it when a staff member can not even say that the Green button works!

Massive balls to do that in that situation and if that door did not open he was dead as Monis would of shot him for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me or does it seem quite selfish escaping like some of those people did? How could they live with themselves if somebody was executed because of them escaping?
A bit of self preservation would of come into it.

What we say or think we would've done and what we actually would've done.......

Me now - i would've torn his throat out with my bare hands.
Me there - shitting in my pants.

I'd like to think i would've tried to get him to let the women and oldies go.......but....( SHRUGS )

heck Mikhail calling it as it is.

Is it just me or does it seem quite selfish escaping like some of those people did? How could they live with themselves if somebody was executed because of them escaping?

It's such a difficult situation, we don't how we'll react in these type of situations. Big risk, and you don't know how Monis would've reacted, obviously making him more angry with the risk of shooting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hostage Situation - Martin Place, Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back