Mega Thread Hot Topic - Drugs and AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Commiserations, guys. Dogs supporters are feeling it too...I'm sure the Saints are reeling ATM.

Those who lose players - like Port, Saint and the Dogs - will get top up players, but like Essendon, they will be from the VFL.

It sucks for us as clubs (we lose Stewart Crameri, who kicked 40 goals last year), but it does give other players a chance, doesn't it?
True, we have to find something positive in a bloody awful situation.

We won a flag in 2004 with no Primus and Francou. Arguably they were more important to that side then Paddy and Gus. Not shocked but can move on now
I get what you're saying but Lade + Brogan >> Lobbe + Frampton

Why didnt we ****en pick him up with our 3rd round pick in the rookie draft. What happen if claremont refuse to let him break his contract? Would the AFL let us register a player who has broken his own legally binding agreement?? Will the AFL send in their integrity unit to check the integrity of that situation??
Restraint of trade not allowing a player to move up to a higher level, i.e. similar situation to assistant coaches being allowed to accept a senior coach role during contract?

According to the Age here is a possbile Essendon line up for round 1

B: Mark Baguley, Mitch Brown, James Gwilt
HB: Jason Ashby, Michael Hartley, Courtenay Dempsey
C: Jackson Merrett, Brendon Goddard, David Zaharakis
HF: Zach Merrett, Shaun McKernan, Patrick Ambrose
F: Nick Kommer, Joe Daniher, Jayden Laverde
Foll: Matthew Leuenberger, Adam Cooney, Craig Bird
Inter: Kyle Langford, Orazio Fantasia, Martin Gleeson, Shaun Edwards

Sure is. Lucky the Lobbe deal fell through.

Losing Monfries is also a decent loss.

More and more 2016 is feeling like a premiership year.
Lobbe AA ruckman and the unrecognised BOG grand final day, you can just see it ;)

Dear opposition fans (corporation flogs in particular), I am being 51% tongue in cheek, so wank over some other post you schadenfreude enjoying flogs.

They still beat Carlton

who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel sorry for the players especially the younger players and shattered we lose 2. But it had to happen. The dog ate my homework cannot be a legitimate defence and we need to make sure this doesn't happen again. I'm sure the club will look after monfries and Ryder as best as possible.

I get what you're saying but Lade + Brogan >> Lobbe + Frampton

Restraint of trade not allowing a player to move up to a higher level, i.e. similar situation to assistant coaches being allowed to accept a senior coach role during contract?
Have you read the Trade Practices Act and cases to see what restraint of trade is? Restraint of trade doesnt allow for legally binding contracts to be broken unless those contracts were initially signed under coercive duress. I dont think you can argue that.

Claremont would have to release him from his contract. And if they put up a fight, the AFL will come dwn with their coercive powers and try and get him released. Once again, an integrity issue.

They are probably overstating how much we care tbh (crows fans). We will soldier on and still be successful, however we knew this was always a risk going forward. I read the news this morning and thought "Damn. Well. Moving on I guess."

There is nothing we can do now, forget it. Better than losing them to injury.

AFL-career ending most probably, he's nearing the end of it anyway.

There's no reason he can't pursue a coaching career afterwards, I'm sure our club would welcome him with open arms.

If all else fails he's got a serious career in off-spin.
If he decided to retire now, that would free some money for Ollie and other players.

This day has been coming for sometime and, whilst disappointing, is probably the best outcome we could have hoped for. F@#k Essendon and that mob from West Lakes, what we need to see from our group now is the Port Adelaide backs to the wall effort for 2016.

I am sure we would be knocking on the doors of the AFL to see if we can supplement our list but even if we do find a ruckman they will be starting that far behind the rest that they would be virtually useless for a large chunk of the season.

truhird.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Hot Topic - Drugs and AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back