Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely loved that episode, holy shit was it good. IMO, the best of this particular series so far.

Game of Thrones Season 1 gets a bad wrap for being a bit “boring” before picking up and being great. I am starting to see that maybe HOTD will be the same in that Season 2 and beyond will be a lot better than Season 1.

Absolutely loved that episode, holy shit was it good. IMO, the best of this particular series so far.

Game of Thrones Season 1 gets a bad wrap for being a bit “boring” before picking up and being great. I am starting to see that maybe HOTD will be the same in that Season 2 and beyond will be a lot better than Season 1.

Season 1 was all about setting the scene and backstory.

Season 2-4 will be full throttle civil war.

I didn't recognise Jacaerys at first with his new Jon Snow hairstyle.

Helaena is afraid of the rats. All a bit awks but turns out she's right. Poor Jaehaerys will never get his pony ride.
She's been foreshadowing stuff for a while.

Decent ep. Watching kids get killed hits a bit different since I had one so not thrilled with that scene that feels like them trying to top the pregnancy scenes.

Season 1 of GOT is the best season. Most people don't know great television and what makes it special, they just jump on to whatever hype train is next. What made GOT great was the meticulous character development and world building that was at it's peak in season 1. Once it started to focus on more fantasy elements and go away from the characters and relationships is when the story failed.

I haven’t read the books but saw an excerpt of this scene from the book

They definitely down played it. And rightly so

Same and I'm glad they did it there own way.

Although I thought there may of been a guard or 2, they just pretty much walked right in and only got seen by a maid.

Although I thought there may of been a guard or 2, they just pretty much walked right in and only got seen by a maid.

In an interview I read, George said he deliberately left out the use of Swann CCTV to capture the intrusion because he was tossing up whether wireless would stretch the story too far as opposed to cable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy supposed to be protecting them was "busy".

I found it lazy writing he was in there with Alicent. Alicent was supposed to be in the room when it all went down.

The guy supposed to be protecting them was "busy".

I found it lazy writing he was in there with Alicent. Alicent was supposed to be in the room when it all went down.

This is why I thought this series would be better than GOT, none of this 'supposed to be' crap. It's its own thing.

I more mean Cole is the actual protector of the royal family, as we saw in season 1.

That's literally his job.

Yeah I'm talking about the reference to Alicent. Sorry didn't make that clear.

Yeah seemed a bit easy didn't it, once they were in they had the whole run of the castle, even just cruising through the throne room while the king was there getting on the sauce with his mates.

I get that the bloke was a rat catcher and known at the castle, still, seems like pretty lax security for the royal family.

I know right. Pretty sure Daemon specifically told them it was Aemond he wanted killed, oh well any old infant relative will do :drunk:

Infant? Those twins were about 5 or 6.

You don't know if he also said if you can't find Aemond go for the heir (or any boy).

I doubt they would have gone off piste without Daemon's ok.

Last edited:
Yeah seemed a bit easy didn't it, once they were in they had the whole run of the castle, even just cruising through the throne room while the king was there getting on the sauce with his mates.

I get that the bloke was a rat catcher and known at the castle, still, seems like pretty lax security for the royal family.

Cole was having sex thus it was made easier.

I know right. Pretty sure Daemon specifically told them it was Aemond he wanted killed, oh well any old infant relative will do :drunk:

They were going with "a son for a son", probably thinking they wouldn't get the other half of the money if they returned empty handed.

Why didn't they "check for a ****" (penis) instead of asking the mother which was the boy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back