Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a great recap of episode 1, I used this channel for season 1 and they go in depth about the characters and locations in the episodes main scenes.

It's very thorough though so sometimes videos don't come out until a day or 2 before the next episode airs.

I'm watching today in the hope the whole bloody lot of them come to a violent end? Such a grumpy, miserable lot, did the scriptwriters do this deliberately?

Yes.

I will say the one thing this show is missing is a humorous character. There's no Varys/Tyrion equivalent. The Hand is the closest we have and he's just a creep.

You’re all in for a treat, really good episode. Before anyone asks, yes I downloaded it.
half baked boo GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the first episode in which Otto doesn't come across as the biggest campaigner around.
Grandad with a decent spray for the young fella, up there with some of the best I've received from the cockroach over the journey :tearsofjoy:

Building nicely I reckon. First half was very good with the small council debating their response and the funeral procession. Also enjoyed Daemon sitting there silent while team Rhaenyra had their meeting, then Rhaenys and Rhaenyra looking over at him and realising he'd kicked it off.

Last edited:
It was okayish

I would have moved a few scenes around to have more of a cliff hanger

It was probably unrealistic to expect Rhaenyra to not survive the assassination attempt. Might as well just get it done. A cliff hanger could have been some ambiguity about which twin lived on. GoT might have made more of it with several episodes where you don't know whether you are seeing Erryk or Arryk.

I like the Mysaria character. Hopefully we'll see more of her seeing as she probably saved Rhaenyra's life.

If I were to be picky about the episode I would have wanted to see more of Aegon's retribution on the captured assassin. And less with Aemond chatting in a brothel, and Corlys and Rhaenys pillow talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back