Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Infant? Those twins were about 5 or 6.
Ok, any old toddler/child relative then. I think the point remains.

You don't know if he also said if you can't find Aemond go for the heir (or any boy).

I doubt they would have gone off piste without Daemon's ok.
Well yeah, I'm just going off what was shown on-screen.

And those 2 jokers seem like they'd very easily go off piste to me, something tells me Daemon isn't going to greet them with a hearty 'good job boys' when they present the head to him next ep.

They were going with "a son for a son", probably thinking they wouldn't get the other half of the money if they returned empty handed.
I know, I get the plebs' reasoning. It just wasn't what Daemon asked them for, and I think we'll get a scene on it next week (and 2 less plebs/extras moving forward lol)

Why didn't they "check for a ****" (penis) instead of asking the mother which was the boy?
Ha, this is a good point

Ok, any old toddler/child relative then. I think the point remains.

Well yeah, I'm just going off what was shown on-screen.

And those 2 jokers seem like they'd very easily go off piste to me, something tells me Daemon isn't going to greet them with a hearty 'good job boys' when they present the head to him next ep.

I don't Daemon will care. He's war hungry.

In any case going against an order from Daemon will surely get them killed, by Daemon. Hence why I think he said more to them that we didn't see.

It's Rhaenyra who in the preview is pissed.

Game of Thrones Season 1 gets a bad wrap for being a bit “boring” before picking up and being great. I am starting to see that maybe HOTD will be the same in that Season 2 and beyond will be a lot better than Season 1.

If you get a chance, re-watch the first episode of GOT Season 1. You get introduced to about ten of the main characters. There's White Walkers, dragon eggs, an execution, incest, a murder attempt on a child. A bit like the first couple of episodes of Shogun, there's a lot to take in on first viewing, but in terms of setting the scene it's amazing.

If you get a chance, re-watch the first episode of GOT Season 1. You get introduced to about ten of the main characters. There's White Walkers, dragon eggs, an execution, incest, a murder attempt on a child. A bit like the first couple of episodes of Shogun, there's a lot to take in on first viewing, but in terms of setting the scene it's amazing.

It’s been a very long time since I’ve seen any GOT, I think I might give it a re-watch this year at some stage.

HBO website on House of D has a great family tree for idiots like myself who know faces but can’t remember names

I've just resigned myself to the fact I'll never learn the names on this show.

I mean, how many variations of Jacearys, Jahearys, Jazearys am I possibly supposed to remember?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, how many variations of Jacearys, Jahearys, Jazearys am I possibly supposed to remember?

I’m printing off the Family Tree tomorrow at Officeworks into a 2m x 1m poster

That's why they only had the 2 children in the show and not 3 that are in the books.

First 10 minutes of the episode my head was spinning trying to remember who was who again.

Started watching season 2 but think I need a recap of season 1. Was completely lost as to what was going on and who was who. (didn't help that now I am on binge and started watched season 1 initially and got 10 minutes in and thought it was strange she was back to being young again)

Any good recap YouTube people would recommend?

Started watching season 2 but think I need a recap of season 1. Was completely lost as to what was going on and who was who. (didn't help that now I am on binge and started watched season 1 initially and got 10 minutes in and thought it was strange she was back to being young again)

Any good recap YouTube people would recommend?

I guess you can try a video like this

Or maybe even read each episode recap from Wikipedia as that in depth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_the_Dragon#Season_1_(2022)

Psst I think the point is that neither perspective is clearly portrayed as the protagonist and neither as the antagonist. It allows the viewer to determine who they feel they align with more and who is more in the 'right'. It's one of the first shows I can ever think of to attempt such a thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back