Streaming House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Otto giving Aegon/Cole a dressing down was one of the best scenes of the whole series thus far.

Otto also gave away that he knew Viserys didn’t want Aegon to be king meaning he was aware that Raenyra should’ve been Queen.

But he undermined Viserys’ wishes anyway

Psst I think the point is that neither perspective is clearly portrayed as the protagonist and neither as the antagonist. It allows the viewer to determine who they feel they align with more and who is more in the 'right'. It's one of the first shows I can ever think of to attempt such a thing.
It's ground breaking

Are people really struggling with the names and people?

On the 'Greens' side, i.e the Kings Landing side we have King Aegon, his sister-wife Helena, his brother Prince Aemond (one eye), his mother Allicent, his grandfather (former) Hand Otto Hightower and his children who aren't important.

His biggest supporters are the Hightowers (of Old Town, not really seen in GoT, but they're from where Sam Tarley went to get his training from), there's a Lannister as his master of coin and as such they're aligned with the Westerlands. The rest are relatively unimportant at this stage.

Critically in this episode they mentioned Allicent's fourth child, Daereon, who was absent in season 1 and lives in Hightower. First time they've mentioned him, so keep an eye out for how that plays.

It can be a little confusing with the 'Greens' and 'Blacks' monikers as the Greens, despite being the 'Greens' wear black Targaryen livery. Aegon's banner is a black banner with a gold dragon because of his Gold Dragon sunfyre.

Currently, the major dragons known on the Greens side are Vhagar (the old, massive one with holes in her wings) ridden by Aemond and Sunfyre ridden by King Aegon - Helena also has a dragon.

On the 'Blacks' side, i.e the Dragonstone side, we have Queen Rhaenyra, her uncle-husband Daemon (brother to the former king), Rhaenyra's bastard (but not publicly a bastard) son Jacerys (or Jace), he recently dead son Lucerys, there is then another son (the little baby boy we say throwing the wooden carving on the fyre but he's not important at this stage). We then have Rhaneys, the cousin of the former king and an aunt, once removed, of Queen Rhaenyra. She's married to the Sea Snake Corlys Velaryon who's son was formerly married to Rhaenyra and has now run off to Essos. He had a sister who was formerly married to Daemon and they had two daughters, I forget their names now, but they're relatively interchangeable.

Dragons include Syrax (Rhaneyra), Caraxes (Daemon) Arrax (Jace), Melys (Rhaneys) and the two girls have one each Seasmoke and Silverwing i think.

In terms of dragon superiority - Vhagar is like a nuclear bomb, Caraxes is like a fighter jet, Sunfyre is a quick cruiser are Syrax and Melys are a couple of battle ships.

There are a handful of young and unclaimed dragons in the show to.

Comeon people this is elementary stuff :sweatsmile:

Last edited:
I love Alicent's portrayal, she's got the same sort of over her head vibe that Cersei had in GoT but its much less vindictive. She wants to be successful and powerful but she is also fundamentally not an evil person and she's so horny it keeps getting her into trouble. Helena bursting into her room riding Cole is brilliant after she's committed to ending their soiree's , doesn't hurt that Allicent is a bloody babe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a garbage take.
Sir Criston revels in his position as lord commander of the kingsguard. And enjoys the smooth skin and bosom of alicent. He has contributed to the war brewing and must as a result accept what is coming.

Sir Criston revels in his position as lord commander of the kingsguard. And enjoys the smooth skin and bosom of alicent. He has contributed to the war brewing and must as a result accept what is coming.
People realise the actor isn't actually the character though. Right?

He's doing a great job.

That has nothing to do with the actor.

Are people really struggling with the names and people?

On the 'Greens' side, i.e the Kings Landing side we have King Aegon, his sister-wife Helena, his brother Prince Aemond (one eye), his mother Allicent, his grandfather (former) Hand Otto Hightower and his children who aren't important.

His biggest supporters are the Hightowers (of Old Town, not really seen in GoT, but they're from where Sam Tarley went to get his training from), there's a Lannister as his master of coin and as such they're aligned with the Westerlands. The rest are relatively unimportant at this stage.

Critically in this episode they mentioned Allicent's fourth child, Daereon, who was absent in season 1 and lives in Hightower. First time they've mentioned him, so keep an eye out for how that plays.

It can be a little confusing with the 'Greens' and 'Blacks' monikers as the Greens, despite being the 'Greens' wear black Targaryen livery. Aegon's banner is a black banner with a gold dragon because of his Gold Dragon sunfyre.

Currently, the major dragons known on the Greens side are Vhagar (the old, massive one with holes in her wings) ridden by Aemond and Sunfyre ridden by King Aegon - Helena also has a dragon.

On the 'Blacks' side, i.e the Dragonstone side, we have Queen Rhaenyra, her uncle-husband Daemon (brother to the former king), Rhaenyra's bastard (but not publicly a bastard) son Jacerys (or Jace), he recently dead son Lucerys, there is then another son (the little baby boy we say throwing the wooden carving on the fyre but he's not important at this stage). We then have Rhaneys, the cousin of the former king and an aunt, once removed, of Queen Rhaenyra. She's married to the Sea Snake Corlys Velaryon who's son was formerly married to Rhaenyra and has now run off to Essos. He had a sister who was formerly married to Daemon and they had two daughters, I forget their names now, but they're relatively interchangeable.

Dragons include Syrax (Rhaneyra), Caraxes (Daemon) Arrax (Jace), Melys (Rhaneys) and the two girls have one each Seasmoke and Silverwing i think.

In terms of dragon superiority - Vhagar is like a nuclear bomb, Caraxes is like a fighter jet, Sunfyre is a quick cruiser are Syrax and Melys are a couple of battle ships.

There are a handful of young and unclaimed dragons in the show to.

Comeon people this is elementary stuff :sweatsmile:

Probably not the best analogy about the Dragons. Overating Vhagar and Syrax and underrating Caraxes.

Whilst Vhagar is the biggest and most formidable, Melys and Caraxes are absolutely formidable themselves.

Probably an aircraft carrier vs two battleships using your analogy style.

Vermithor was also seen in season 1 in the Dragonmount by Daemon when he approached him in the cave. Sits between Vhagar and the other two in rankings.

Probably not the best analogy about the Dragons. Overating Vhagar and Syrax and underrating Caraxes.

Whilst Vhagar is the biggest and most formidable, Melys and Caraxes are absolutely formidable themselves.

Probably an aircraft carrier vs two battleships using your analogy style.

Vermithor was also seen in season 1 in the Dragonmount by Daemon when he approached him in the cave. Sits between Vhagar and the other two in rankings.
Yeah I was thinking Caraxes as like a hyper advanced jet out of Top Gun 2 that can take on a whole fleet on its own or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back